Professional Certification in Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is the practice of increasing both the quality and quantity of website traffic, as well as exposure to your brand, through non-paid (also known as “organic”) search engine results. Despite the acronym, SEO is as much about people as it is about search engines themselves. It’s about understanding what people are searching for online, the answers they are seeking, the words they’re using, and the type of content they wish to consume. Knowing the answers to these questions will allow you to connect to the people who are searching online for the solutions you offer.
- Understand how to handle SEO for large, complex websites
- Master technical SEO tactics and know what is important in a technical audit and how to start one yourself
- Learn how to make the business case for SEO and clear, persuasive recommendations to your development team or clients
- Be skilled in selecting the right SEO measurement metrics, putting together SEO reports that drive insights and action
What You’ll Learn
This course is designed to level-up participants from beginner to advanced level growth marketers.
- Be able to optimise on-page content with the right keywords & page structure
- Understand what a good URL structure is and how you can influence crawl behaviour
- Easily create XML sitemaps to help you better understand content & index rates
- Be skilled at marking up your content with structured data so it can extract entities
- Be able to decide on the right domain strategy, URL structure, content & keywords while working across multiple countries
- Learn all about backlink management and link building
- SEO Specialists, Developers, Analysts, and Copywriters
- Professionals in digital marketing
- Business owners and leaders who want to specialise in SEO
- Individuals with an interest in analytics
Participants are required to bring a laptop with internet connectivity.
Module 1: SEO Fundamentals
- SEO’s role in the digital marketing eco-system
- How the search engines work: crawling, indexing and ranking
- SERP layout: on-page, off-page and local SEO
- The importance of link signals
- SEO algorithms, strategies and tactics
- How to develop a customer-focussed approach to SEO
Module 2: Keyword Research and Competitive Intelligence
- Researching high demand keywords with commercial value
- Types of queries: short and long tail
- Competitive analysis: B2C and B2B
- How to do competitive intelligence analysis for SEO
Module 3: Site Architecture and On-Page Optimisation
- Site design and Information Architecture (IA): Best practices for SEO
- Developing search friendly websites and pages
- Choosing search-friendly domains, URLs and permalinks
- Copywriting for SEO
- Examples of well-developed IA
Module 4: Local SEO
- Google Local – photos, videos and more
- About universal business listings
- Rating local search factors
- Business listing quality guidelines
- How to setup and optimise local business listings
Module 5: Technical SEO
- Sitemaps overview and how to submit
- Sitemaps, robots, Schema.org and Google
- How to use Google Search Console – fixing crawler and indexing issues
- Analyse website loading times
- How to conduct a technical SEO audit
Module 6: Off-Page Strategies
- Types of link – a primer on link research and authority
- What makes a website link-worthy?
- Back-link management techniques
- Proven methods and templates to build links and online reputation
Module 7: Measuring SEO Campaigns
- What are the key metrics to track for SEO?
- Google Analytics: Setup and interpreting analytics data
- Fine Tuning SEO
- Using ready-to-go SEO dashboards and reports
Module 8: Selling SEO
- What SEO Techniques are working in 2020?
- Making the business case for SEO
- Managing SEO projects and teams
- Integrating SEO with other digital marketing channels
Award-Winning Digital Marketing Expert: Ariff Kamal
Ariff Kamal is the co-founder of Think Digital Academy, a training and advisory firm based in Singapore with a presence in Malaysia and Indonesia specializing in digital marketing excellence for brands and agencies. He is also the Group Organic Lead for MoneySmart Group, the leading finance comparison platform in SEA across Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Indonesia and the Philippines.
Ariff was formerly the SEO Director with GroupM APAC and has consulted regional brands like WPP, P&G, Fonterra, Sime Darby Motors, NUS Business School, General Electric and many more Fortune 500 companies in digital marketing strategies and best practices across South East Asia, Japan and Korea since 2006.
Ariff also actively speaks for Google at Industry Events across South East Asia. He was one of the few certified Google Regional Trainer that trains the official Google AdWords and Analytics certification courses for various agencies, brands, and universities throughout Singapore, Malaysia, and Indonesia.
Digital Marketing Expert: Ivan Wong
Ivan has over 20 years of experience in Business Consulting, Training, Search Engine Marketing, Conversion Optimisation and Digital Analytics. A certified accountant and programmer by training, he also has over 10 years’ experience as a marketing trainer. Ivan is also one of the few Google-appointed Regional Trainers that trains the official Google Ads, Analytics and Mobile Advertising courses.
Ivan is an external trainer and consultant for various organisations such as Google Mobile Labs, TheKnowledgeEngineers, General Assembly, Econsultancy and ClickAcademy Asia. Well-versed in both the technical and business aspects of digital marketing, his passion is to help organisations of all types to use digital marketing effectively, working with all sizes of business from SMEs through to clients as large as TripAdvisor, CNNGo, Decathlon International, Singapore Tourism Board, and American Express.
“Ivan was very engaging and helpful. He has a deep well of knowledge in SEO and provided great advice and resources. Thank you for the wonderful session.”
– Vivien Cai, Executive, Singapore Red Cross Society
“Ivan is able to share his knowledge across various sectors. The tools shared were useful.”
– Nicholas Chen, Senior Manager (Marketing), National Heritage Board