Reports and Proposals Made Crystal Clear
Writing reports is an essential role in business operations and communication, yet most professionals and executives face constant challenges to prepare their reports in a clear, consistent and concise way within a tight deadline. Through this course, discover the essential parts of the writing process for reports and proposals. Participants will also learn how to analyse their writing so that they can fully inform their readers through their documents. This course will also share user-friendly techniques to help participants make their reports more effective.
- write reports and proposals that are structured and suitable to the varied intended readership
- develop an awareness of the main features of reports and proposals, and use appropriate language for the intended reader and purpose
- apply the principles of effective writing to their reports and proposals in order to produce clear, concise and effective documents
- A Report or Proposal?
- Standard Formats for Reports and Proposals
- What is a “poor” report?
- Planning your Reports and Proposals
- Organising information – structure of Reports
- Write the “Right” Report – different types of Reports
- Interpreting Information
- Using Visuals – Graphs and Tables
- What information do I need?
- Purpose of the Proposal
- Presenting information clearly and concisely
- Writing persuasively
Putting it all Together
- Checking your documents for accuracy – common mistakes
- Editing your Reports and Proposals
Who Must Attend?
“Great business courses by Emma! I walk away with some great tips and insights which are not just ideas that have no practical consideration. The class’s spirit of spontaneity and engagement is also very encouraging for my learning. Every trainer should be able to keep the attention of the class just like she has.” – Jess Tang-Xin, Senior Admin Executive, Singapore Workforce Development Agency
“I loved Emma’s presentation style. She shares stories to help everyone relate to the business scenarios that we may encounter at work. She also simplifies concepts for everyone to understand easily. One of the best professional development courses I have been to. I will recommend my colleagues to join me for one of her other upcoming courses.” – Razline Maria, Senior Business Associate, Shangri-la Hotel Singapore
“Emma is very engaging, clear and precise in her teaching methods. She provides helpful pointers for us to improve better.” – Kelvin Teo, Infrastructure Support Manager, Singapore Police Force
Emma Jarman-Jones specialises in developing and enhancing workplace communication skills. This work includes writing, speaking, interpersonal and management skills training. She has over 15 years of experience training in Singapore, as well as regionally in Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam.
Emma has worked as an external consultant and trainer with both private and public sectors, designing, customising and delivering programmes, and coaching individuals. She believes in the potential of every person and is dedicated to providing the highest quality of training that will benefit the individual, as well as the organisation.
Emma holds an MBA from the Imperial College London in United Kingdom. She has also completed a Diploma in Human Resource Development at the Singapore Institute of Management, and is a certified People Developer Consultant.