Executive Certificate in Project Management (LIVE Stream)
Aventis Executive Education Series
The Aventis Executive Education Series provides a platform for like-minded and talented senior executives across Asia to partake in collaborative learning.
Facilitated by reputable industry experts and partnered with the prestigious University of Roehampton (London), our courses provide an excellent opportunity for you to enhance your professional skills and keep yourself updated with the latest industry insights.
Get ready to learn, transform, and be empowered as a global leader.
Cohorts: 20, 21, 27, 28 March 2021
Each cohort runs for 4 days on the dates indicated above, on full day blocks (9am – 5pm).
All work gets done through team and projects. No matter what industry you’re in – and whether or not your title is “project manager” – it is likely that you are required to manage or be involved in project-based work. Project Management has evolved and so must you. Recognising the importance of both Project Management tools and techniques as well as human and organisational factors in achieving project success, the course enables you to learn the ‘hard’ science essential for project managers today, but with the crucial emphasis on the soft skills involved in managing people and change in order to help achieve delivery of successful projects.
Through extensive case study analysis, and with insight from current research, you will evaluate the role of the project manager in today’s workplace and critically review the rise of the project-centric organisation in a global context. You will also discuss and relate theory to practical reality in the light of the current research and understand the new best practice in project management and how it impacts organisations seeking to run effective projects, both locally and across international borders.
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the skills and competencies needed by project managers
- Selectively apply the relevant tools and techniques available to address challenges and solve problems involved in managing complex international projects, in line with their organisations’ strategic direction.
- Develop reliable plans to track, assess and achieve the desired project outcome
- Create, enhance and critique project planning documentation
- Apply soft skills in a team leadership context, recognise areas for improvement and initiate relevant and progressive changes in their organisation’s practices.
Who Should Attend
- Project Managers, Team Managers, Engineers, Architects and Consultants who are involved in project planning and management should attend this course.
- Managers and senior executives involved in project works or special projects.
Course Instructor: Dr Adrian Tan, Director of Enterprise Capability Development
Dr Adrian Tan is the Director of Enterprise Capability Development and has over 10 years of consultancy and training experience. His expertise includes project management, Leading Organisational Change, Organisational Behaviour and Design, Business Information Systems. Business. Prior to consultancy and lecturing, he had built an illustrious management career as a Manager for Improvement and Innovation for Alexandra Hospital, and Head of Quality and Continuous Improvement at Singapore Aero Engine Services.
Dr Tan holds a PhD (University of Canberra, Australia), Master of Science in Industrial and Systems Engineering (National University of Singapore
Topic 1: Introduction
Topic 2: Leading, Communicating and Project Teams
Topic 3: Organising International Projects
Topic 4: Project Management Methodologies
Topic 5: Planning- Time Cost and Quality
Topic 6: Managing Risk and Uncertainty
Topic 7: Controlling and Evaluating
Topic 8: Closing a Project
Topic 9: Understanding the Profession of a Project Manager
Topic 10: Class discussion and reflection