Professional Certification in Mobile Device Forensics
Mobile device forensics is a branch of digital forensics relating to recovery of digital evidence or data from a mobile device under forensically sound conditions. Mobile device forensics is a rapidly evolving field, creating exciting opportunities for practitioners in corporate, criminal, and military settings. Mobile phones facilitate everything from voice/video calls to text messaging, Web surfing, shopping and GPS navigation, music player, video recording and image/video editing. More memory is being added to mobile phones, which makes their storage capacity greater than ever. As a result, they also provide rich data and evidence for legal investigations. Call records logs, texts messages, video, internet surfing log, GPS log files and pictures help with cases ranging from ethics investigations to murder prosecutions. Mobile forensics professionals recover mobile phone evidence so that law enforcement agencies and lawyers can build or defend against cases. As with any forensic science, mobile forensics requires various technical and legal training.
Learn The Latest Tools And Methods Using Real-world Case Studies
This course is designed for students who are both new to and already familiar with computer forensic and especially mobile device forensics, this hands on course provides the core knowledge and skills that a Digital Forensic Investigator needs to process cell phones, PDAs, and other mobile devices. By using mobile forensics tools, you will learn how to forensically preserve, acquire and examine data stored on mobile devices and utilize the results for any kind of civil/criminal investigation. This course covers techniques and tools in the context of an overall mobile forensic methodology, providing you with the ability to obtain and utilize digital evidence on mobile devices.
At the end of the module, students will be able to:
- Understand the basic principles and techniques of mobile forensics
- Find out how to assemble a mobile forensics case, collect prosecutable evidence, uncover hidden files, and lock down the chain of custody.
- how to securely collect and analyze mobile device data from mobile devices, USB drives, SD cards, and SIM cards
- Work with free, open source, and commercial forensic software
- Perform a deep dive analysis of iOS, Android, and Windows Phone file systems
- Extract evidence from application, cache, and user storage files
- Understand basic principle of computer forensics and its procedures
- Describe procedure for preservation, acquisition, examination and analysis data from mobile phone and mobile devices
- The latest Forensics tools used by industry professionals for Mobile forensics examination
- Prepare reports for your findings and defense
Who Must Attend?
- Anyone who wishes to know what constitutes social media fraud and wants to avoid being a target;
- Working professionals, such as managers and engineers in the IT, security and legal industries;
- Auditors who want to build deeper technical skills;
- Corporate attorneys and legal professionals;
“This was my second workshop with Ali. He is definitely still a great teacher and an irreplaceable resource for best practice tips and questions on current events in the industry. The number one quality that I like about Ali and his courses is that he is extremely patient, well-prepared and succinct.”
Juliana Low, Assistant Manager for Spotify Singapore
“Ali did an incredible job. I have been to hundreds of hours of training seminars and this is one of the best. I actually learned useful, practical materials and greatly improved my logic for my work and personal life. This is how corporate training should benefit participants.”
Mohammad Ismail, Business Development Manager for the Ministry of Manpower, Singapore
“The class size was kept to a moderate size which was a big relief – I was able to maximise my engagement and learning in this specialised course. Ali was also able to answer all my questions. He is definitely a subject expert in his field. I will be enrolling in the Graduate Diploma Programme that he is also facilitating.”
Shruti Krishnan, IT Development Manager, Singapore Customs
GLOBAL DIGITAL FORENSICS AND CYBER SECURITY EXPERT: MR. ALI FAZELI
Ali Fazeli has been involved in the information technology field since his younger days. He later pursued higher education in the field of Internet security and management from Curtin University, Australia. He is a highly interactive and innovative trainer, whose work is based on research and applied knowledge from extensive experiences in computer security, data recovery, digital forensic investigation, anti-forensic and cyber war.
For more than a decade in his career, Ali has assisted and trained numerous information technology security professional in Asia. He is accredited as a specialist in the successful investigation and prosecution of fraudsters from the dark and underworld of Internet.
Ali is one of the most versatile IT security professional and expert in the world, having taken on roles and responsibilities ranging from becoming an advisory expert to guidance consultant. Today, he spends a substantial amount of his time consulting, advising and training IT security professionals. Ali has also contributed extensively to helping numerous governments and private organizations face IT risks and provide security recommendations. Some of his clients include Nanyang Polytechnic, Grant Thornton, the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) and the Singapore Police Force (SPF).