Professional Certificate in Positive Psychology
Positive psychology is the study of optimal functioning and applies the knowledge and tools for the enhancement of happiness and well-being, It focuses on the role of personal strengths and positive social systems in the promotion of optimal wellbeing. It emphasizes human experiences such as happiness and well-being, positive personality traits and their influence in the group and community. Topics covered in Positive Psychology include building character strengths, developing optimism during challenging times, attaining life satisfaction, happiness, well-being, gratitude, compassion (as well as self-compassion), and enhancing self-esteem and self-confidence, hope.
2 Day Hands-on Practice
Discover our highly popular Professional Certificate in Positive Psychology, a 2 Day Practical Certification that focus on use of science-based Positive Psychology techniques to enhance wellbeing, performance and motivation. It will cover the application of Positive Psychology to help self and others around us flourish and live their best lives.
In this 2 Day Professional Certification, you will be equip you with a range of evidence-based applications that will help improve positive emotions, engagement, relationships, meaning, and accomplishment for people of all ages. You will also have the opportunity to explore the relevance and application of positive psychology in professional practice, business and organizational contexts.
Positive Psychology focuses on the positive events and influences in life, including:
• Creating Positive experiences (like happiness, joy, inspiration, and love)
• Developing Positive states and traits (like gratitude, resilience, and compassion)
• Gaining Positive institutions (applying positive principles within entire organizations and institutions)
• Explores the development and applications of positive psychology as a paradigm shift in the field of psychology
• Become Better Leaders by applying Positive Psychology techniques in coaching and leadership
• Learn more about Best Practices including positive psychology coaching, strengths-based interventions and community level wellbeing programs. The applications of positive psychology is explored at multiple levels, including individual, family, organisational and policy levels.
This Professional Certification aims to provide you with a positive psychology-based, structured approach to use their strengths and talents to achieve a more productive, fulfilling and happy life. You will learn:
• The latest research in the science of happiness and wellbeing.
• Learn how to flourish using the five elements of positive psychology
• Learn techniques to increase positive emotions and become happier
• To enhance, sustain and cherish your social relationships.
• To create meaning and purpose in your life.
• Specific strategies to gain accomplishment in your life.
• Understand the benefits of learning specific tools in positive psychology.
• To incorporate specific strategies from positive psychology in your daily life.
• To be able to share these positive psychology tools with others.
• To appreciate and cherish the important things in life.
• To look at self and the lives of people close to you in a fresh perspective.
• Key skills enabling you to design and enhance your life story.
• Discover the mental saboteurs in you that prevent you from achieving success
• Acquire engagement skills that improve your influencing and communication skills
• Using Positive Psychology to build better working relationships with all stakeholders
Who Should Attend?
This Professional Certification is design for anyone who are interested in applying the science of positive psychology their personal, work or professional context.
Organisational Psychologist & Coach: Dr. Christopher Fong
Chris has a distinguished career in strategic leadership and coaching that spans over 2 decades. He was appointed National Fellow to the Singapore Ministry of Social and Family and advised the total capability framework of the social service professionals to include mentoring sector leaders and those in the leadership pipeline. In addition, he was the Principal Researcher for the nationwide study on fathers at the workplace. His findings have impacted government and business organisations to review their current pro-family and work-life friendly policies. He has also trained sector leaders in multicultural issues in cross-cultural marriages and clinical case formulations from a multicultural perspective. He earned his Doctorate Degree in Professional Studies(Practice Research) in 2015 and is also a member of the prestigious American Psychological Association (APA).
As a strong advocator for practice-based research, Chris contributes actively by speaking at international conferences and is a thought leader on multicultural and diversity issues and its impact across organisational matrix and businesses. His evidence-based framework that measures culture has since been published and taught across various universities. As an international award-winning orchestra conductor turned psychologist, Chris brings a wealth of knowledge and experience from the concert hall to the corporate boardroom.
“Dr. Fong is lively and knowledgeable, and tailored examples to the profile of the class”
– Ms Hatsuee Foo, Assistant Commander, Singapore Prison Service
“Chris is entertaining and able to convey the tools and how these are applied in the workplace”
– Ms Carol Tan, Deputy Director, MOH
“Dr. Fong is very passionate and enthusiastic about the course. He used relevant tools and many life examples to make it easy to relate. This course not only helped me at work but also in my personal life”
– Ms Ashley, HR Manager, Bordier & Cie (Singapore) Ltd
• Discover what is preventing you from achieving your potential
• Weaken your mental saboteurs and achieve greater success
Flourishing at Work
• Self-assessment: do you have a warrior or victim mindset?
• Energise yourself at work by enhancing the five elements of positive psychology
Boosting Positive Emotions
• Techniques to increase your positive emotions and happiness
• Strengthen your mental resilience to overcome work challenges
Increasing Engagement at Work
• Rejuvenate your passion at work
• Deploy your strengths and increase your value-add
Enhancing Work Relationships
• Five practical ways to build good work relationships
• Practise positive communication to build trust and understanding
Rediscover the Meaning of Work and Accomplish More
• Discover the purpose and impact of your work
• Be energised by having a sense of accomplishment at work