Professional Certificate in Perspective in Social Psychology
Social psychology is the study of how people act, think and feel in the context of society. Social Psychology introduces us to the science of society; how our thoughts, feelings, and behaviours are influenced by the world we lived in. Social Psychology will enable us to look at the importance of a healthy concept of self and what can influence this, the self-perception theory and how it relates since a person’s self-concept is how we perceive ourselves – an all-encompassing awareness we had of ourselves in the past, have in the present and our expectations of the future.
See Your World in a Whole New Perspective
In this 2 Day Professional Certification in Social Psychology, we examine the nature of social psychology and various factors which influence feelings, behaviours and thoughts. Theories and concepts would be applied to understand real world issues and practical problems.
This course provides ideas about patterns and motives of human behavior. It focuses on humans as ‘social animals’, explaining how the thoughts, feelings and behavior of individuals are influenced by the presence of others. It offers answers to questions such as: Why and how do people interact and what are the influences we have on one another?
You’ll learn how people think in different scenarios, explore the reasons behind our thoughts and actions, and follow major studies in the field, discovering what they have taught us about ourselves.
At the end of this Professional Certification, you will:
• What is social psychology and the fundamentals of psychological analysis
• The nature of groups and the impact on feelings, thoughts and behaviours
• The Impact of Social interactions in everyday life
• Understand group dynamics – what they are and how they work
• How conformity, compliance and obedience and Norms established
• Taken a sociological perspective in looking at social psychology and ourselves
• Developed an awareness of the social forces on individual behavior, repeated patterns of everyday behavior
• Identify Social conformity, social cognition, prejudice, liking and love
• Establish the link between self-esteem and self-concept with the society at large
• Understand how we interpret attitudes and socially accepted behaviour
• Understood the ways in which people, group and society function on a daily basis
• Applied various perspectives in viewing interpersonal interactions
Who Should Attend?
Professionals who wish to improve their skills in their current work.
Anyone seeking to develop a better understanding of social psychology and identify positive ways to change and to achieve greater personal success or success at work.
Enthusiastic adults who are interested in psychology for their personal growth.
Accredited Counsellor and Life Coach: Mr Anil Singh
Anil is a dedicated and well sought-after Coach in the field of Applied Psychology and Counselling. Mr Anil also brings with him more than 10 years of teaching experience and was awarded SIM University Teaching Merit Award in 2017, for demonstrating a quality and high level of dedication and commitment in teaching and SIM University Lecturer Service Award. He also worked with various organizational and hospitals including the Institute of Mental Health (IMH) under the National Addictions Management Services previously. He is also the Head Tutor at Yayasan MENDAKI (Council for the Development of Singapore Malay/Muslim Community) since 2003.
• Master of Social Sciences, Sociology, National University of Singapore
• Bachelor of Social Sciences (2nd Upper Honours), Sociology, National University of Singapore
• SIM University Teaching Merit Award in 2017