Professional Certificate in Ethics and Contemporary Practice of Psychotherapy (LIVE Stream)
Social psychology is the study of how people act, think and feel in the context of society. Social Psychology introduces us to the science of society; how our thoughts, feelings, and behaviours are influenced by the world we lived in. Social Psychology will enable us to look at the importance of a healthy concept of self and what can influence this, the self-perception theory and how it relates since a person’s self-concept is how we perceive ourselves – an all-encompassing awareness we had of ourselves in the past, have in the present and our expectations of the future.
Psychotherapy is the use of psychological methods, particularly when based on regular personal interaction with adults, to help a person change behaviour and overcome problems in desired ways. The practice of psychotherapy gives rise to many ethical dilemmas. Such dilemmas are dynamic, nuanced, complex, and highly context dependent.
This 2-day training aims to provide participants with an introduction to the common approaches to contemporary psychotherapy, the role and relevance of ethics to contemporary psychotherapy and how ethics can address unanticipated and often complex issues faced by both new and experienced practitioners.
A Personal Inventory of Ethical understanding
- Foundations of Ethical Practice – Morals, Values and Ethics
- Stages of Ethical Decision Making – including common ethical traps
- Confidentiality including circumstances break confidentiality
- Cultural Sensitivity – strategies for responding to multicultural practice issues
Understanding Contemporary paradigms which integrate the main psychotherapy models, including:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Who Should Attend?
- Social workers & volunteers
- Counsellors and HR professionals
- Social work professionals with administrative and supervisory abilities as HOD, Managers
- Trainers and Academics
- Executives and Support Staff
- Supervisors / Team and business leader
Accredited Counsellor and Life Coach: Mr Anil Singh
Anil is a dedicated and well sought-after Coach in the field of Applied Psychology and Counselling. Mr Anil also brings with him more than 10 years of teaching experience and was awarded SIM University Teaching Merit Award in 2017, for demonstrating a quality and high level of dedication and commitment in teaching and SIM University Lecturer Service Award. He also worked with various organizational and hospitals including the Institute of Mental Health (IMH) under the National Addictions Management Services previously. He is also the Head Tutor at Yayasan MENDAKI (Council for the Development of Singapore Malay/Muslim Community) since 2003.
• Master of Social Sciences, Sociology, National University of Singapore
• Bachelor of Social Sciences (2nd Upper Honours), Sociology, National University of Singapore
• SIM University Teaching Merit Award in 2017