Essential Skills For Super Secretaries And Power Administrators (LIVE Stream)
INTRODUCTION TO THE SECRETARIAL COURSE
Every boss needs a competent Secretary or Personal Assistant. Organisations will not be able to function efficiently without Administrators powering up from all fronts. As a result, everyone seems to expect Secretaries and Administrators to know-it-all and do-it-all. Completion of this secretarial course will allow you to gain the essential skills to upgrade your position to a Super Secretary or Power Administrator.
Being a Secretary or Administrator is NOT Easy!
One minute you’re making sure the boss is prepared for his meeting and the next you’re sorting through all the never ending email and fielding phone calls. You’re the only person in the entire office to know where anything is.. and you are not allowed to forget anything.
You’re in one of the world’s toughest job.. yet everyone hilarously think your job is easy.
You are the Secretary or Administrator – the unsung hero or heroine in the office.
Advanced Skills For PAs, Senior Secretaries, Office Managers and Executive Assistants
Gain the latest expertise you need to excel in your role as a super administrative executive, PA or secretary. In this one day power-packed workshop, you will be equipped with powerful tools ranging from emotional intelligence to email writing to learning how to stay resilient, relevant and positive in today’s challenging work environment.
- Learn modern secretarial and administrator skills for today’s business world
- Be equipped with tools and techniques to be more productive at your job
- Realize that excellent interpersonal skills help you do your job better
- Know how to present yourself professionally and be treated professionally
- Develop emotional resilience to stay positive
Maxine brings a lot of variety to this practical, hands-on workshop. As well as sharing important theory, concepts and best practice strategies, she will facilitate open discussions and group discussions. In this highly interactive day of learning, participants will be encouraged to take part in fun, practical exercises and simulated coaching sessions, with observations, review and feedback.
30% of workshop:
- Concepts and theory sharing
- Best practices sharing from trainer
70% of workshop:
- Experiential learning activities
- Small group discussions and sharing
- Open discussions
- Simulated work scenarios
- Role plays
- Video learning
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is highly relevant for ambitious executives, professionals and senior officers seeking to improve their performance and sharpen their skills.
- Secretaries & Personal Assistants
- Management trainees and new supervisors
- Executives Administrative / Clerical Officers
- Senior officers in government agencies wishing to develop their skills
- Office Managers and Executive Assistants
“Ms Maxine is very knowledgeable and share informative real life good examples and practices which we don’t experience in our daily life. This course taught us powerful techniques and tools to apply at work. (Maxine) Brings the empowerment in us and makes us aware of our weakness and encourage us to better ourselves in our personal and working life which makes us a very powerful administrators of ourselves which is very precious advice.”
Carmen Chan, Admin Executive at Mitsui Phenols Singapore Pte Ltd
“The trainer is so energetic and positive. She makes the learning points relatable and easy to remember and applicable to work. The points are relevant and can be easily applied to work.”
Rachel Ton, Personal Assistant at MHA
“Maxine has energy levels unmatched in anyone else. She has managed to bring across concepts and principles through effective ways and vivid examples. Bravo!”
Rebekah Lim, Executive at SUSS
“Maxine is experience, knowledgeable and very engaging. The course is fun and definitely there is something to take back at the end of the course”
Yasmine Cheong, Personal Assistant at MHA
“Nothing negative about her. She is the most positive person i ever met and i love her vibes. Course is very effective. Can even relate to personal life.”
Azy, Secretary at ARTC
“Maxine is 1 of the best trainers. Thoroughly enjoyed the 1 day class. Will definitely recommend her course to friends and colleagues.”
Jasmine Koh, Secretary at Energy Market Authority
“Very very fun and lively.. For the first time I attend courses, I did not yawn!!! Maxine is THE lecturer to look for #love.”
Norasikin, Officer at NEA
“Trainer is filled with energy from the start til the end. Thank you for the positive life experience. I would definitely recommend this course!”
Faiqah, Senior Administrative Assistant at CapitaLand Retail Management Pte Ltd
Meet the Industry Expert: Ms Maxine Teo
Maxine is a tri-lingual speaker, corporate facilitator and coach with a passion for colorfully impacting lives™ over 20 years of working with diverse teams across Asia. One of the most prolific speakers in Asia having successfully delivered keynotes on wealth management, retirement planning, peak performance and sales excellence to audiences in 30 over cities around the world.
Maxine has a knack of turning complicated concepts into practical and highly engaging learning applications. Maxine is fluent in spoken and written English, Mandarin and Cantonese and she delivers her messages in the three languages seamlessly to help her audiences achieve their highest level of understanding.
Coming from a decade of working in the financial services industry as a financial advisor and banker, Maxine shares her experience and knowledge in Relationship Management topics like Advisory Sales (B2B & B2C), Impactful presentation, Business Etiquette, Networking Skills, Negotiation Skills, Effective Communication, Client Service Excellence, Client Book Management, Cross-Cultural Awareness, Business Presentation Skills, and Time and Stress Management for better productivity. The skills she imparts are especially applicable to service and relationship-based industries like finance and banking, insurance and real estate.
Over the years, Maxine has received multiple awards from various international training institutions in recognition for her excellent work delivered to their corporate clients. She is also a frequent guest on Channel News Asia Radio 938, Money Mind show, to share on her experience and expertise on topics related to client and stakeholder engagement. What sets Maxine apart from most trainers in the industry is her ability to connect with her audiences instantly with her authenticity and personal energetic style!
- Financial services – Insurance, retail banking, wealth management, private banking
- Media & event management
- Retail & Fast-moving consumer goods
Education and Professional Qualification
- Bachelors Degree with Merit, National University of Singapore
- True Colors Personality Profiling – Accredited Facilitator – True Colors USA
- Belbin Team Profiling – Accredited Trainer – Belbin UK
- Professional Diploma in Training and Development – STADA Singapore
- Professional Certificate in Designing and Facilitating Experiential Learning – STADA Singapore
- Better Buyer Relationships – Sales Training Solutions Accredited Facilitator – IOWEU Hong Kong
Awareness and reflection
- Gain awareness of your communication style through an experiential learning activity
- Reflect on the current successes and challenges faced as a Personal Assistant (PA)
- Voicing of work issues and analyzing the factors that helped you be productive or slow you down as a PA
Introduction of POWER© toolkit to supercharge your PAs and administrators
- People skills
- Organizational skills
- Writing skills
- Efficiency tools
Tool 1: People skills
- Learn how to build up your emotional currency account
- Know the importance of EQ to help others help you
- Be equipped with the positive words to use and trigger words to avoid
- Adapt your communication style to be more productive and effective
Tool 2: Organizational skills
- Be aware of your strengths and weaknesses in organizing things
- Learn tips on how to more effectively manage your boss’ calendar
- Know how to use technology to speed things up
Tool 3: Writing skills
- Identify your own writing style
- Learn how to use the PLAN format to better structure your emails
- Have a list of email openers and closers to inject warmth and personality into your emails
- Know what to include and exclude in minutes writing
- Be equipped with various phrases and words to make your minutes more interesting and concise
Tool 4: Efficiency tools
- Know how to better manage yourself to manage time using time management tools
- Learn how to use social media to power up your message quickly
Tool 5: Resilience
- Develop and strengthen your emotional resilience
- Know the 3 stages of problem solving and learn how to better overcome challenges at work
- Learn the art of self-empowerment to stay positive and strong
- Recap and reflect on learning
- Personal Action Planning (PAP) for personal commitment to improvement
Evaluation and certificate presentation
- Evaluate the workshop
- Receive your certificate of completion