Operations Efficiency Readiness: Getting Ready for Recovery Preparation (LIVE Stream)
Operations management is the process that effectively plans, organizes, coordinates, and controls resources that are produced for a company’s goods and serves. With operations management, you are able to effectively manage various attributes of the operation such as people, equipment, information, technology, and others.
Effective Operation Management now stands at the core of every successful organization as organizations strive to recover from many challenges – some very catastrophic, such as pandemic, civil strife, even wars – when the dust settles. You want to be first and fast out of the gate, in order to reach the goal posts. This program is designed for forward-looking organizations and people with this aim in mind.
- Acquire first & fast out of gate to enhance operational readiness
- Enhance the ability to look ahead the horizon
- Learn scientific and/or structured tools and techniques
- Save time, money, and enhance efficiency – getting ready for operational recovery
- Operation Management, Planning & Control
- objectives of operations management
- types of operations: Proactive vs Passive Forecasting
- Forecasting: Tools & Techniques
- why forecast
- types & applications
- methods of forecasting
- exercise on forecasting
- Enhancing Operation: Tools & Techniques 1
- External Focus: Scheduling Technique
- Enhancing Operation: Tools & Techniques 2
- Internal Focus: Sequencing Technique
- Enhancing Human Capital Utilization: Tools & Techniques 3
- Skills Matrix
- Discussion and application
- Enhancing Human Capital Utilization: Tools & Techniques 4
- RACI introduction
- Discussion and application
- For manual and repetitive work: tools & techniques 5
- Introduction to Time Study
- For manual and repetitive work: tools & techniques 6
- Introduction to Work Balancing
- Takt time
- Example and Exercise
- Summary & Moving Forward
- Readiness for Recovery Preparation!
Who Should Attend?
- All those who wish to attain the knowledge and techniques for improving their operations
Personal and Organisational Effectiveness Master Trainer: Andrew Cheah
Andrew Cheah has been a trainer and management consultant since 1991, specialising in the areas of performance management, productivity improvement, behavioural change and leadership. Andrew has trained clients from diverse industries such as in banking, insurance, hospitality, sales and distribution, manufacturing, food, property development, government/public services, and higher education. Being tri-lingual (English, Mandarin, and Malay Languages), Andrew has extensive regional exposure in Singapore, United Arab Emirates, Malaysia, China, Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam. In addition to training, Andrew has guided and provided consulting services to clients, leading to one of them winning the prestigious Malaysian National Productivity Award presented by the previous Malaysian Prime Minister, Tun Dr. Mahathir.
Andrew has also been invited to speak in events such as International Conference on Best Practices, which was graced by senior officials from the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI), sharing the stage with Professor Michael Gregory of the University of Cambridge, Mr Dieter Heyl (2007 Vice President of Mercedes Benz Malaysia), and Dr Marcus Chao, President of Lean China Enterprise Inc.
Andrew has an MBA degree qualification with the University of Portsmouth, UK. At the professional level, Andrew has a certificate in Blue Ocean Leadership Masterclass, as well as Leading Dimensions Profiling Trainer Certification (LDP certified). In addition to being a qualified ISO9000 assessor, his experience in international consultancy has also earned him a membership with the Association of Productivity Specialist in New York.