Dare to Lead: From Managers to Leaders
Develop Self resilience, Enhance Team Motivation and cultivate positive Work culture
What we can do to be better Leaders
Leadership is not about titles, status, and wielding power. A leader is anyone who takes responsibility for recognizing the potential in people and ideas and has the courage to develop that potential. As we lead, we need to learn to deal with different team members’ styles and aspiration. As leaders, we don’t have all the right answers and at times lack the skills of an appropriate communication style on when to motivate, lead and manage team members. It is imperative that managers are equipped with the essential skills to handle different groups of people to improve work relationships in teams.
Upon completion of this workshop, you will be able to;
- Increase Personal Awareness as a Leader and Manager
- Develop leadership styles according to the situation
- Tips on how to develop Empathy, connection, and courage to lead in uncertain times
- Confidently handle and lessen grievances and complaints in a systematic and calm fashion
- Promote work productivity and sense of belonging in the workplace
- Improve team members’ performance levels
- Engage in difficult conversation and constructive feedback using positive communication
Who will Benefit?
- Executives who are transitioning to a level of leading and coaching team members.
- New managers who want to hit the ground running with actionable tools and skills.
- Seasoned managers who want to brush up on their management techniques or want to explore the latest best-practice skills and tools in leadership.
- Senior managers who are responsible for mentoring new managers and looking for ways to transfer essential skills.
The topic is thought-provoking, and the trainer is very persuasive and knowledgeable on the subject matter . Highly entertaining and engaging speaker. Love the way she shares her experience & applied on the course objectives. – Centre for Management Technology
Extremely informative and interesting. Everything is well organized. Trainer is excellent and enlightening. Thank you. – Building and Construction Authority, BCA Singapore
Organizational & Communication Guru – Ms Caroline Dawson
Caroline Josephine Dawson has more than 18 years of invaluable experience as an Editor of lifestyle and technical publications and 15 years teaching business management, environmental and soft-skills communication.
As a former journalist, Caroline’s professional work experience as a Corporate Trainer/Facilitator, Keynote Speaker and Learning & Development Consultant; has required her to market the value of her programs and persuade clients to value and understand the urgency of good communication and management skills in the work force. As an ACTA certified WSQ trainer, She has also worked with the Workforce Development Agency of Singapore to develop training content for the Employability Skills System where she successfully attained industry approved competencies in conducting, planning and designing competency based assessments for communication workshops.
Her many opportunities in working with the public and private sectors around the world has enhanced her training experience. Participants of her training workshops attest to her motivational, instructional and highly experiential training methodology that have helped them in their workplace business management. Caroline has trained operational, supervisory and managerial staff from various organisations.
She holds a Master of Arts in Mass Communication from NTU (Singapore) and has attained the Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) certification through the London Teacher Training College and also teaches English as a foreign language. Caroline is also an MBTI®, DISC Accredited Administrator, Enneagram and Lumina Spark/Emotion practitioner and she has administered the tools to top level managers and supervisors on managing their leadership styles and team members. She is currently pursuing her doctorate studies in Business Administration through a Paris-based business school.
- Branding yourself as a boss, leader or manager and what the implications are.
- Understanding People Communication Tendencies
- People reading
- Using the DISC to understand an individual’s outward behaviour and thought processes
- How to use the DISC psychometric tool to communicate and counsel to different groups of people
- How to motivate team members effectively
- Qualities of a Performing Team
- Tuckman’s model of team dynamics
- Identifying team members’ developmental levels, their current level of competence and commitment
- Leadership Styles
- What appropriate leadership styles should you adopt?
- Coaching Skills
- Using the GROW and ACHIEVE model to motivate and releasing the potential of team members
- Communication Tips
- Understanding the 4 sides of a message
- Using 6 levels of assertion