Employee Onboarding: Setting New Employees Up For Success
Employee Onboarding is an important and vital part of a company’s hiring procedure. Hiring, training, and bringing new employees on board can be costly in terms of time, effort and money. Onboarding is a fundamental investment that will help to quickly engage newly hired employees to succeed and do well in their positions.
A good Employee Onboarding Program can stabilize workforce movement thereby giving companies the competitive edge in talent competition. Getting new employees off to a good start in the organization can make a difference in their immediate and long-term productivity. And making them feel welcome on their first days makes them more effective in their jobs. To do this, an organization requires an effective employee orientation and onboarding programme.
Through Employee Onboarding you will find it lowers costs related to employee turnover. It will increase productivity and produce a happier and more skilled workforce. The new hire phase is a critical time for the employee and company and having a structured set of procedures will make positive impressions that stay with new employees for the duration of their careers.
Updated with new case studies of best practices from successful companies, this workshop will help you:
- Design New Employee Onboarding: Companies Who Do it Right
- Recognize how to prepare for an onboarding program.
- Key Activities and checklists to help focus your onboarding efforts
- The application of Onboarding as a talent retention tool.
- You are not alone: key stakeholders’ involvement in onboarding process.
- Ways to measure results-and make positive adjustments
- Measure the quality of your onboarding activities.
- Onboarding FAQs
Who Should Attend?
- HR managers, directors and Supervisors
- Business owners and HODs
- Senior Officers, Talent Development, L&D, T&D Team
- Consultants, Trainers and HR Practitioners
- Employees required to conduct Employee Onboarding and Orientation program.
- Directors, Vice Presidents, Department Heads, Managers and Team Leads in charge of:
- Human Resources
- Organisational Development
- Performance Management
- Employer Branding
- Employee Experience
Senior HR Consultant: Ms Aileena Lukamto
Ms Aileena more than 20 years of HR management experience within various industries including mining, construction, manufacturing, commerce, and education. She has experience working alongside and leading both local and regional (China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, Australia, and the Philippines) HR teams with private and public companies. She was instrumental in spearheading various HR programs including change management, M&A, development of employee onboarding and competency framework, the establishment of HR systems for start-ups, set up compensation guidelines and systems for international employment, sales team, and for all levels of employees from frontlines to board level. With her in-depth knowledge on the full spectrum of human resource management, Aileena has conducted various workshops and shared her HR passion with students as well as corporates employees.
Aileena holds a Master’s in Human Resource Management. She also possesses a Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management, a Diploma in Research, a Diploma in Directorship and is certified in Compensation Management and Change Management. She is currently completing a Professional Doctorate in Business Administration.
“The trainer was very engaging and down to earth; I found the whole day very beneficial and she gave some great tools that I could implement immediately.”
John Lu, Infineon Tech
“The training was very practical, and the trainer presented in a very easy to understand way.”
Daniel Loo, Cathay Interiors 1974
“The content of the course is very relevant and useful to implement at work. Thoroughly enjoyed it and will took away lots of ideas.”
Jeffrey Sim, Straits Consultancy
- Purposes and differences of Employee Orientation and Onboarding.
- Creating an Employee Onboarding Program that fit business needs.
- Tools and preparations for Employee Onboarding program.
- Planning for Employee Onboarding resources.
- Implementation of Employee Onboarding Program.
- Determining the quality of a good Employee Onboarding Program