Effective Stakeholder Engagement: How to Engage, Inspire and Manage Difficult Stakeholders (LIVE Stream)
Stakeholder engagement is the process by which companies communicate and get to know their stakeholders. By getting to know them, companies are able to better understand what they want, when they want it, how engaged they are and how the companies’ plans and actions will affect their goals. Furthermore, they can improve their communication and rethinking their strategies and operations, having long-term benefits such as brand reputation or first mover advantage.
How Effective Stakeholder Engagement Can Help You & Your Organization?
Strong stakeholder engagement is perhaps the most critical factor for achieving successful business growth and strategy execution in our fast-paced world. As business evolves, you will require stakeholder management for many business activities including operational readiness review, including transition plans, new process documentation and training, new technology rollout, and cultural readiness assessment
1 Day Effective Stakeholders Management Masterclass
This 1-day workshop aims to share with you the skills and steps you need to identify key stakeholders, gain their trust, and build relationships through effective communication. You will also learn how engage your stakeholders in the right way through the use of performance metrics, effective meeting management, and informal governance. This workshop also serves as a refresher for you to review and revise your current engagement strategy. You will learn useful tips on how to guide internal discussions and the most effective approaches to stakeholder engagement.
- Define What Stakeholder Engagement is and Utilize the Five-Step Approach
- How to easily identify all of your key stakeholders and mapped them into different groups
- Know How to review Stakeholder Mapping, identify advocates and gain buy ins.
- Identify the Steps to engage difficult stakeholders
- Apply Useful negotiation Tactics to turn on your charm or turn up the heat according to different situations.
- How to create a Dual Action Plan and Ensure Close Follow-Ups
- Introduction; Ice Breaker; Housekeeping Items
- The Parking Lot; Workshop Objectives
- Engagement Strategy
- The Five-Step Approach
- Step Zero
- Building a Strategy
- Stakeholder Mapping
- What is Stakeholder Mapping?
- Developed the Right List
- Think Tactics
- Tactics and Formats
- Knowing the Other
- The Raw Logistics
- The Engagement
- Action Plan
- Dual Action Plan
- Send it Out
- Follow Up
- Closing the Feedback Loop
- Review, Reflect and Share
- 3 Things I Have Learned
- 2 Things I Want to Learn More About
- 1 Thing I Want to Put into Practice
Who Must Attend?
This Masterclass is aimed at anyone seeking to lead, shape and achieve positive outcomes.
- Project management professionals, including Project Managers, Program Managers, Project Directors, Portfolio Managers and Project Management Office (PMO) Managers;
- Consultants, researchers and analysts including Change Managers, business analysts. Management Consultants, Business Consultants, Business Analysts, Requirements Managers, Independent Consultants and Business Owners
- Those responsible for managing resources, including Practice Managers, Line Managers and Resource Managers
- Business Managers and leaders, including Executive Management, Line Managers / Operations Managers with project responsibilities
- Those responsible for project funding and benefits management, including Project Sponsors, Finance Directors, Project Directors, Account Managers, Account Directors
- New and aspiring managers looking to develop and progress their careers and needing to learn how to cultivate and develop business relationships
“The Critical Thinking workshop is unique and fun. The participants were active in learning and sharing. Facilitator Ivan Phua challenged and engaged the participants to stretch their thinking skills and be creative and innovative. I learned to see things in a different perspective. Thank you!” – Juliana Boey, Assistant HR and Recruitment Manager
“Ivan Phua delivered the Critical Thinking workshop in a different and fun was with lots of activities and engagement. Most of all, he helped us relate to our workplace challenges and got us to think positively and creatively. We learned much from him and from each other.” – Melissa Bei, Admin Manager for Trading
“Besides the ability to learn through doing and encouragement from the trainer. The (Critical Thinking) workshop had also helped me to discover more about myself and reminded me of what I’ve learned in the workshop to put to practice at my workplace.” – Sylvia Thay, Medical Technologist for Research
Personal and Organisational Effectiveness Master Trainer and Certified Advanced Behavioural Analyst: Ivan Phua
With his easy-going and relational communication styles, Ivan helps build rapport with participants and draws out key learning concepts for effective learning. He is creative, dynamic and he inspires clients to improve their performance by changing their attitudes and developing their skills and knowledge. As a coach, he brings the best out of them through critical thinking; solving issues by analyzing the situation, identifying possible solutions, deciding the right approach in order to achieve the desired outcome or the “aha” moments.
Ivan has held various management roles including Sales and Marketing, Operations and Services in various industries. Using his critical thinking skills, he is able to think reflectively and independently in order to make thoughtful decisions. By focusing on root-cause issues, his critical thinking skills helped organizations avoid impending problems that can result in undesirable consequences.
Ivan has completed the Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA) with the Singapore Training & Development Association (STADA), the training division of the Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA). He is a Certified Behavioural and Career Consultant (CBCC) as well as a Certified Advanced Behavioural Analyst (CABA) with the Institute of Motivational Living (IML), an authorized provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET), USA. Ivan is also Certified as The Leadership Challenge Trainer (TLC), a leadership programme using the Leadership Practices Inventory® (LPI), a 360-degree leadership behavior assessment, developed by Jim Kouzes and Barry Posner, USA. He is also a Certified R3 Factor Trainer from Relationship Help Center, USA.