Expert Tips on How to Write Meeting Minutes Quickly and Easily
Minutes matter! They are an important and necessary task in all organizations. When Minutes are not effective they waste the time spent in the meeting, for the Minute taker as well as for the participants in the meeting. If we don’t have well written Minutes we may not recall what was decided and accomplished in the meeting, nor what the next steps are. So how do you ensure the right information is recorded and presented in a clear way? What are the different formats of Minutes? This 1-day workshop will provide you with the tools and techniques to help you prepare for your minutes, record relevant information during the meeting and be able to write a comprehensive set of Minutes for your readers.
- Purpose of Minutes – understand why Minutes are important
- Problems of the Minute Taker – highlight the difficulties of the minute taker and provide solutions
- Formats of Minutes – identify the different standard formats for minutes
- The Agenda – using the agenda as a way to prepare
Unit 2: During the Meeting
- Note taking techniques – identify different techniques for taking notes during the meeting
- Listening and summarizing – strategies for improving listening skills
Unit 3: After the Meeting
- Writing the Minutes – presenting information clearly
- Reported speech – writing accurately
- Dealing with the tenses – understanding the past tenses in minutes
- A checklist
- small group discussion
- large group discussion
- writing practice
- review common mistakes
- individual feedback given to participants on their own writing (submitted before the training)
Who Must Attend?
“Great business courses by Emma! I walk away with some great tips and insights which are not just ideas that have no practical consideration. The class’s spirit of spontaneity and engagement is also very encouraging for my learning. Every trainer should be able to keep the attention of the class just like she has.” – Jess Tang-Xin, Senior Admin Executive, Singapore Workforce Development Agency
“I loved Emma’s presentation style. She shares stories to help everyone relate to the business scenarios that we may encounter at work. She also simplifies concepts for everyone to understand easily. One of the best professional development courses I have been to. I will recommend my colleagues to join me for one of her other upcoming courses.” – Razline Maria, Senior Business Associate, Shangri-la Hotel Singapore
Emma Jarman-Jones specialises in developing and enhancing workplace communication skills. This work includes writing, speaking, interpersonal and management skills training. She has over 15 years of experience training in Singapore, as well as regionally in Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam.
Emma has worked as an external consultant and trainer with both private and public sectors, designing, customising and delivering programmes, and coaching individuals. She believes in the potential of every person and is dedicated to providing the highest quality of training that will benefit the individual, as well as the organisation.
Emma holds an MBA from the Imperial College London in United Kingdom. She has also completed a Diploma in Human Resource Development at the Singapore Institute of Management, and is a certified People Developer Consultant.