Developing, Implementing, and Using Winning KPIs and Performance Appraisal
In today’s highly disruptive business environment, there's constant pressure to achieve performance targets, to reach higher performance levels, and to ensure that people's work supports and furthers the organization's goals. But how do we make sure that employees are given the right goals and measured fairly? This is where key performance indicators come into play, and they apply both at the organizational and individual levels. At an organizational level, a Key Performance Indicator (KPI) is a quantifiable metric that reflects how well an organization is achieving its stated goals and objectives.
Latest Development in KPI and Performance Management
KPI and performance measurement development is a discipline that involves articulating what an organization is trying to accomplish and then identifying the most meaningful and useful indicators of success. Simply selecting standard measures from a long list of possible measures is not effective. Performance measures, or KPIs, are a key part of any strategic management system, as they are critical to assessing the effectiveness of strategy implementation. Understanding the intricacies of metrics not only unveils company performance, but also allows for calculated decision making and strategy implementation.
Characteristics of Good KPIs includes
- Quantitative: They can be presented in the form of numbers.
- Practical: They integrate well with present company processes.
- Directional: They help to determine if a company is getting better.
- Actionable: They can be put into practice to effect desired change.
A 2 Day Masterclass on KPI with Organizational Coach Mr Andrew Cheah
Join us for an engaging 2 day Masterclass with Mr Andrew Cheah who bring in-depth knowledge, including personal anecdotes, professional tools, and case studies on how you can successfully incorporate KPI into your performance appraisal system. This Masterclass will provide you with an in-depth look at how KPIs can be most effectively used to assess and drive organizational performance
You will be able to:
- Define KPI and its relevance to the participants’ areas of responsibility
- Using KPIs to Measure, Align and Reward Employee
- How to Choose the Right KPIs for your Organization
- How to brainstorm performance measures
- Useful Templates for reporting performance measures
- A resource kit for a consultant, coach or project lead to enhance performance management
- Quick Tips on how to Set expectations and work together to improve performance
- Effective Assessment and review performance strengths and weaknesses
- Enhance awareness of obstacles to success and take actions to overcome them
- How KPI can contribute to organizational objectives
- Ways to conduct appraisal fairly, objectively, transparently and without favoritism
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is specially designed with the following groups of working professionals in mind:
- Those who regularly need to deal with tight deadlines and changes at work;
- Managers, heads of departments, business heads seeking to enhance team performance and their leadership skills;
- Working professionals working in high stress routines and environments seeking work-life balance;
- Consultants, coaches and trainers whom are interested to expand their knowledge and learning in workplace wellness;
- Those responsible for teams who are looking to develop techniques to manage stress effectively;
- Anyone who wants to improve their personal and workplace productivity.
“Andrew is a very effective trainer with a lot of great examples to explain concepts. The training class was very engaging and fun” – Catherine Mendez, SAS
“Mr Cheah is knowledgeable in his delivery and is able to explain contents well. His amiable personality is very welcoming and keeps the class entertained.” – Nuraishah Nahat, MHA
“Andrew is able to bring concepts to the simple minds. The concepts are easy to apply. There were no boring moments at all! Totally worth my time!’ – Armida Diano, Qualcomm Global Trading Pte Ltd
- Introduction to Performance Measurement and KPI
- What is KPI?
- How are KPI, behaviors and incentives linked together with the Job Description?
- The reasons for setting KPI
- Right & wrong types of KPI
- How to set the correct KPI incorporating industry and departmental perspectives?
- Parkinson Principle and Goal or Target Setting
- System concept & Review system
- What is a management system?
- Why should there be a review for performance?
- Understanding Performance Appraisal (PA) System, with JD perspectives
- Common problems with PA system: case study
- How to fix these?
- How to systemize the PA properly
- Transparency and Favoritism
- case for your organization, including promotion guideline
- Summary and Workshop:
- Set KPI for respective areas or departments
- Help to explain to subordinates how KPI is applied to performance appraisal system
Organizational Coach and KPI Expert: Andrew Cheah
Andrew Cheah has been a trainer and management consultant since 1991, specialising in the areas of performance management, productivity improvement, behavioural change and leadership. Andrew has trained clients from diverse industries such as in banking, insurance, hospitality, sales and distribution, manufacturing, food, property development, government/public services, and higher education. Being tri-lingual (English, Mandarin, and Malay Languages), Andrew has extensive regional exposure in Singapore, United Arab Emirates, Malaysia, China, Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam. In addition to training, Andrew has guided and provided consulting services to clients, leading to one of them winning the prestigious Malaysian National Productivity Award presented by the previous Malaysian Prime Minister, Tun Dr. Mahathir.
Andrew has also been invited to speak in events such as International Conference on Best Practices, which was graced by senior officials from the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI), sharing the stage with Professor Michael Gregory of the University of Cambridge, Mr Dieter Heyl (2007 Vice President of Mercedes Benz Malaysia), and Dr Marcus Chao, President of Lean China Enterprise Inc.
Andrew has an MBA degree qualification with the University of Portsmouth, UK. At the professional level, Andrew has a certificate in Blue Ocean Leadership Masterclass, as well as Leading Dimensions Profiling Trainer Certification (LDP certified). In addition to being a qualified ISO9000 assessor, his experience in international consultancy has also earned him a membership with the Association of Productivity Specialist in New York.