Boost Your Productivity with Tony Buzan’s Mind Mapping® Brain Tool
Be Transformed and Be Equipped with the Knowledge, Brain Skills and Techniques Developed by Tony Buzan, the Inventor of The Mind Map®.
Research has shown that the human brain has a much larger ability and potential than we think. Yet the one potent resource which each of us readily possess is by no means fully tapped or developed. It has often been said that people are the only real resource and hence, the task of developing our mental skills would be of utmost importance to the individual and any organizations. If you know how to harness inter-connected thoughts at work or at home, your task management will prove to be more effective, creative and hence fruitful. Tony Buzan, the inventor of the revolutionary thinking tool – The Mind Map, transforms the way organizations and people think and innovate to achieve optimal success and performance. This workshop is specially designed to equip participants with the knowledge, brain skills and techniques developed by Tony Buzan, in order for them to apply, excel and advance in their organizational goals to innovate for higher productivity success.
Participants will learn in-depth and practical Tony Buzan Mind Mapping techniques on:
- How to activate their inert brain skills to achieve infinite possibilities;
- How to adopt whole brain thinking using the original Buzan Mind Mapping® techniques;
- How to apply practical Buzan Brain Smart techniques onto:
- Information management through effective note making
- Creative Brainstorming with 5X more and better ideas
- Effective Meetings and Note Taking
- Daily Task Planning
- Creative Problem Solving
- Accurate Decision Making
- Information Recall and Memory
Course Outline – Day One
1. Discover How Your Brain Works
- Brain Functions: Associative Thinking
- Brain Skills – A Whole-Brain Synergetic Thinking
- How to Tap into your Infinite Creative Potential
- Learn How Geniuses Think: Leonardo Da Vinci
- Divergent and Radiant Thinking
2. Introducing the Buzan Mind Mapping Technique
- Buzan Laws of Mind Maps®
- Fundamentals of Buzan Mind Mapping Techniques
- Our Brain’s Native Language
- One Size Fits All
- Drawing Your First Mind Map®
- Generate 5X more and better ideas
- Hands-on Practice
- Presenting Individual Mind Maps®
3. Buzan Mind Maps for Presentation
- Eliminate the use of notes
- No fear of forgetting what you want to say
- Presentation in a natural and conversational style
- Captivate and engage your audience every time
- Audience flows with your thoughts and ideas with ease
- Stand out from the crowd with revolutionary Mind Map presentation
- Present powerfully and confidently!
4. Radiant Technique for Organizing Information
- The 10% Key Point Rule
- Deciding the Basic Ordering of Ideas
- Prioritizing Key Ideas
- Establish Relationship with Connecting Ideas for Critical Thinking
- Be In Tune with the Big Picture at All Times
- Presenting Individual and Group Mind Map
5. Improve Memory using Mind Maps
- Recall During Learning
- The Memory Test
- The World’s Most Important Graph
- Recall After Learning
Course Outline – Day Two
1. Creative Problem Solving Technique
- What is Creativity?
- The Torrance Creativity Test
- 4 Ways to Measure Creativity
- Identifying and Defining Problems
- Mind Maps for Creative Problem Solving – Case Study
2. Mind Map for Decision Making in Convergent Thinking
- Determining the Criteria for New Ideas in Decision Making
- Consider All Factors for Idea Implementation Using Mind Map
- Using the Mind Map® Weight-age System for Accurate Decision Making
- Establishing Sub-criteria and Sub-branches
- Analyse specifications and Identifying Information Gaps
3. Running Productive & Effective Meetings
- Using Mind Maps® template for Meetings
- Taking Notes, selecting key words and visual recording
- Tracking Action Task list
- Keep meetings focused and avoid drift
- Interpretation of Mind Map® Minutes
4. Introducing computer iMindMapping
- Bringing Mind Mapping to a Whole New Level
- Keeping up with Technology
- Engage Participants through Interactive Creative Thinking
- Revolutionary Software that Stimulates Your Thinking Process
- Create Personal, Organic-looking digital Mind Maps for Training and Facilitation
- Achieve Your Full Mental Potential and Excel in Your Training and Educational Career
This lively and interactive workshop requires extensive participants’ involvement. It provides ample opportunities to practise the new techniques acquired. The Buzan workshop comprises of bite-size lectures and multi-media presentations, individual exercises, small group discussions and presentations, self-awareness quizzes, brain breaks for reflection and integration, games and activities, role play and case studies.
Who Must Attend?
This workshop is especially beneficial to managers, executives, IT professionals, engineers, administrative personnel, secretaries, personal assistants and anyone who wish to develop their mental skills to achieve optimal work performance.
What are the Benefits of Tony Buzan’s Mind Maps®?
“We are a complicated business so Mind Maps help – I could not manage the complexity of my work without Mind Maps. I have often used Mind Maps to deal with the complexities of how we should move forward. Frankly, they are invaluable.” – Alan Matcham, Director of Oracle
“Tony Buzan… unlocks the power of our brains and shows mankind how to tap and use his creative genius with ease and effectiveness. For more than three decades Tony Buzan has been tireless in his quest to bring this powerful tool to the world. By the latest estimates, about 200 million around the world are now using Mind Mapping, so it is just a matter of time before Mind Mapping becomes a universally used technique.” – His Excellency Dr Abdul Hussein Ali Mirza, Minister, Bahrain
“The use of Mind Mapping is an integral part of my quality improvement project here at Boeing. This has provided savings of over $10M this year for my organisation (10 times our goal)!” – Dr Mike Stanley, Boeing Corporation, USA
Accredited Global Instructor for Tony Buzan’s Mind Mapping® Technique: Dr. Henry Toi
Dr. Henry Toi is the Buzan Master Trainer for Asia. He graduated with Honours in Civil Engineering from the National University of Singapore and obtained a Master of Education from the RMIT University in Melbourne. He was awarded a Doctor of Business Administration from the Australian Institute of Business in Project Management and Mind Mapping.
During his corporate career, he had served the Monetary Authority of Singapore, Shell Petroleum, Standard Chartered Bank and OCBC Asset Management, all in the areas of finance and policy management. As the Managing Director of Buzan Centre Asia Limited, he manages the licensing and training of more than 150 instructors across 11 countries in Asia. He has successfully coached many working professionals to mind map, speed read and to become creative and efficient thinkers.
On the education front, Henry has taught in primary, secondary and tertiary classrooms, conducted workshops for teachers and is the course writer for a unique ‘Learning to Learn’ module for the Singapore Institute of Management. He is also a board member of the United Nations Association of Singapore in charge of the education subcommittee.
Henry has conducted courses in Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Penang, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore and Bangkok. He is also a regular speaker at conferences, the latest few being the 13th International Conference on Thinking in Sweden and the 20th American Creativity Conference in Singapore.