Blockchain for Business Application & Strategy
INTRODUCTION TO THE BLOCKCHAIN COURSE
Blockchain is the current technology behind cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, open software platforms like Ethereum, and disruptive financial companies like Ripple. Though it’s best known as the technology that drives Bitcoin and other digital currencies, Blockchain has more uses than just transactions and currencies. In simple terms, a Blockchain is a growing list of records, called blocks, which are linked using cryptography. Each block contains a cryptographic hash of the previous block, a timestamp, and transaction data. By design, a Blockchain is resistant to modification of the data. This allows participants in an ecosystem to keep a copy of the common system of record while exchanging value. This 1-day program takes a non-technical approach in discovering & exploring the world of business Blockchain. You will explore how to incorporate Blockchain into existing business strategies as well as discover potential uses of Blockchain for your business. This Blockchain course is an essential learning experience for those with an interest in blockchain technologies and their applications.
- Learn how Blockchain is changing the way of doing business, and the impact it has on industries, consumers, and society
- Gain a fundamental understanding of how Blockchain works, and its impact on economies, financial structures, and businesses
- Explore Blockchain trends, and investigate the market disruptions caused by technology
- Understand the business and technology drivers in Blockchain which are applied for transformative business models
- Gain the ability to make better strategic business decisions in teams by adopting open framework
Who Should Attend
- Business Leaders, Owners, Managers interested in exploring opportunities in Blockchain
- Professionals responsible for digital transformation and enterprise architecture design
- Professionals in Technology, Innovation, or Finance departments/organisations
- Professionals interested in the future of technology
Business Technology Expert: Alvin Lam
Alvin has more than 15 years of experience in enabling technology and processes to serve businesses. With an unparalleled unique combination of Business, IT and Asian multi-cultural knowledge, Alvin has established himself as one of the most highly regarded thought leaders in Asia, specialising in the areas of IT Service Management, IT Governance, Business Strategies, Digital Business and Cloud Computing.
With the experience of working with a wide variety of solution vendors and C-level executives in the private and public sectors, Alvin provides insights into Business and the challenges ahead for executives in decision-making processes. He has more than 30 Professional Certifications in the areas of business, technology and life skills – a testament of an active lifelong learner himself. He is a frequent speaker at various IT Governance, Service Management and Risk Optimisation events.
“It was very evident that Alvin Lam certainly knew his stuff which is essential as a trainer. Excellent knowledge combined with an excellent patience attitude make him a very effective trainer. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone!”
Marketing Manager, REDmoney Group
“Alvin Lam was engaging, knowledgeable, and insightful in Blockchain, helping to demystify many concepts for non-users like myself.”
Holly Huang, Humz Brophy Singapore
“I personally have found Alvin Lam to be exemplary in every way. As well as his high innate competency, he has a very cooperative and congenial approach to his work and his work colleagues. This makes him an absolute pleasure to work with. The fact that we are continuing to work with him and that he is our first choice when we need a contract trainer is clear evidence of the regard we have for Alvin Lam.”
CEO, ALC Group of Companies