Blockchain For Business Application & Strategy (Live Stream)
Blockchain is the current technology behind cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, open software platforms like Ethereum, and disruptive financial companies like Ripple. Though it’s best known as the technology that drives Bitcoin and other digital currencies, Blockchain has more uses than just transactions and currencies.
In simple terms, a Blockchain is a growing list of records, called blocks, which are linked using cryptography. Each block contains a cryptographic hash of the previous block, a timestamp, and transaction data. By design, a Blockchain is resistant to modification of the data. This allows participants in an ecosystem to keep a copy of the common system of record while exchanging value.
This 1-day course takes a non-technical approach to discover and explore the world of business Blockchain. You will also explore how to incorporate Blockchain into existing business strategies as well as discover potential uses of Blockchain for your business.
- Learn how Blockchain is changing the way of doing business and the impact it has on industries, consumers and society
- Gain a fundamental understanding of how Blockchain works and its impact on economies, financial structures and businesses
- Explore Blockchain trends and investigate the market disruptions caused by technology
- Understand the business and technology drivers in Blockchain which are applied for transformative business models
- Gain the ability to make better strategic business decisions in teams by adopting an open framework
- Professionals responsible for digital transformation and enterprise architecture
- Business owners, leaders, and entrepreneurs
- Professionals from finance, technology, and innovation
- Individuals interested in the future of technology
- History and trends
- What is blockchain and how blockchain works
- Value transfer and the world of blockchain
- Why blockchain is relevant to businesses
- Blockchain for business: business models and use cases
- How can we apply blockchain for business?
- The open blockchain technologies for business ecosystem
Business Technology Expert: Mr Alvin Lam
Alvin has more than 15 years of experience in enabling technology and processes to serve businesses. With an unparalleled unique combination of business, IT and Asian multi-cultural knowledge, he has established himself as one of the most highly regarded thought leaders in Asia, specialising in the areas of Artificial Intelligence, Business Blockchain, Cyber Security and Forensics, IT service management, IT governance, business strategies, digital business and cloud computing.
With the experience of working with a wide variety of solution vendors and C-level executives in the private and public sectors, Alvin provides insights into business and the challenges ahead for executives in decision-making processes. He has more than 30 Professional Certifications in the areas of business, technology and life skills – a testament of an active lifelong learner himself. Alvin also completed MIT Sloan Executive Education on Artificial Intelligence: Implications for Business Strategy.
“It was very evident that Alvin Lam certainly knew his stuff which is essential as a trainer. Excellent knowledge combined with an excellent patience attitude make him a very effective trainer. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone!”
Marketing Manager at REDmoney Group
“I had the opportunity to attend one of Alvin Lam’s training classes entitled “ITIL Capability: Service Offerings & Agreements” where he provided a detailed walkthrough of the key processes related to ITILService Strategy and to a certain extent ITIL Service Design. The best part of the 5-day course was being able to hear Alvin Lam relate his practical experiences applying these processes, which tremendously allowed us to grasp the concepts better. Given the chance, I wouldn’t hesitate to work with Alvin Lam again in future engagements.”
Head of ICT at Khazanah Nasional
“Alvin Lam is an articulate, expert and entertaining trainer who ensures that critical concepts are understood and provides insights into theory from real-world practice.”
CIO at Dentsu Aegis Network Asia Pacific
“I personally have found Alvin Lam to be exemplary in every way. As well as his high innate competency, he has a very cooperative and congenial approach to his work and his work colleagues. This makes him an absolute pleasure to work with. The fact that we are continuing to work with him and that he is our first choice when we need a contract trainer is clear evidence of the regard we have for Alvin Lam.”
CEO at ALC Group of Companies