A DMAIC Guide to Process Improvement Using Lean Six Sigma (LIVE Stream)
Your Updated Guide to Implementing Lean Six Sigma to Improving Quality, Speed and Organizational Performance.
Lean Six Sigma
Lean Six Sigma is a disciplined approach and methodology for eliminating defects (driving toward six standard deviations between the mean and the nearest specification limit) in any process – from manufacturing to transaction and from product to service. Six Sigma can help to optimize the quality and efficiency of your organization. Many organizations have enjoyed significant benefits with the implementation of Lean Six Sigma.
DMAIC – The 5 Phases of Lean Six Sigma
DMAIC is the problem-solving approach that drives Lean Six Sigma. It’s a five-phase method—Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control—for improving existing process problems with unknown causes. It is based on the Scientific Method and an integral part of a Six Sigma initiative, but in general, it can also be implemented as a standalone quality improvement procedure or as part of other process improvement initiatives such as lean.
1 Day Applying DMAIC Lean Six Sigma workshop
In this 1day workshop, you will gain answers to these key questions
- How should we start six sigma project in our organization?
- When should we start six sigma project in our organization?
- How to improve through DMAIC approach?
- Is six sigma really applicable, as we don’t observe any process defect?
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Gain the knowledge and confidence to apply DMAIC Lean Six Sigma techniques to dramatically improve processes, profitability, sustainability, and long-term growth
- A step by step guide on how to effectively implement 6 Sigma methodologies, or DMAIC in your organizations
- Map and evaluate business process using Value Stream Mapping tool
- Implement Lean design, analyze failures and ensure ongoing quality and continuous improvement
- Using Lean 6 Sigma to Improve process stability and operational efficiencies
- Understand the critical success factors and challenges when applying Lean 6 Sigma
- What are the types of waste and how to correct them
1. Introduction to 3 different dimensions of 6 Sigma
2. Structure of Organization, including Roles & Definitions
– Quality Leader/Manager
– Master Black Belt
– Process Owner
– Black Belt
– Green Belt
3. Calculation of Process
4. Major Benefits of Implementation
5. Methodologies of 6 Sigma Improvement Projects: DMAIC
– Design & case
– Measure & case
– Analyze & case
– Improve & case
– Control & case
Who Should Attend?
This course is highly beneficial to Managers, Executives, Officers and Supervisors who are involved in the improving organizations.
“Andrew is a very effective trainer with a lot of great examples to explain concepts. The training class was very engaging and fun” – Catherine Mendez, SAS
“Mr Cheah is knowledgeable in his delivery and is able to explain contents well. His amiable personality is very welcoming and keeps the class entertained.” – Nuraishah Nahat, MHA
“Andrew is able to bring concepts to the simple minds. The concepts are easy to apply. There were no boring moments at all! Totally worth my time!’ – Armida Diano, Qualcomm Global Trading Pte Ltd
Organizational Effectiveness Coach: Andrew Cheah: Andrew Cheah
Andrew Cheah has been a trainer and management consultant since 1991, specialising in the areas of performance management, productivity improvement, behavioural change and leadership. Andrew has trained clients from diverse industries such as in banking, insurance, hospitality, sales and distribution, manufacturing, food, property development, government/public services, and higher education. Being tri-lingual (English, Mandarin, and Malay Languages), Andrew has extensive regional exposure in Singapore, United Arab Emirates, Malaysia, China, Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam. In addition to training, Andrew has guided and provided consulting services to clients, leading to one of them winning the prestigious Malaysian National Productivity Award presented by the previous Malaysian Prime Minister, Tun Dr. Mahathir.
Andrew has also been invited to speak in events such as International Conference on Best Practices, which was graced by senior officials from the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI), sharing the stage with Professor Michael Gregory of the University of Cambridge, Mr Dieter Heyl (2007 Vice President of Mercedes Benz Malaysia), and Dr Marcus Chao, President of Lean China Enterprise Inc.
Andrew has an MBA degree qualification with the University of Portsmouth, UK. At the professional level, Andrew has a certificate in Blue Ocean Leadership Masterclass, as well as Leading Dimensions Profiling Trainer Certification (LDP certified). In addition to being a qualified ISO9000 assessor, his experience in international consultancy has also earned him a membership with the Association of Productivity Specialist in New York.