2-Day Business Continuity Planning and Implementation Framework Training
How Can You Effectively Manage Risk and Implement Business Continuity To Minimize Impact On Your Business Operation?
In today’s volatile global environment, most organization’s will, at some point, be faced with having to respond to an incident which may disrupt or threaten the day-to-day operations of their business. A successful Business Continuity Planning and Implementation framework is critical for all organizations to respond swiftly and effectively to any potential disruption. In plain language, Business Continuity Plan (BCP) is working out how to stay in business in the event of disaster. Typical incidents include local events like building fires, regional incidents like earthquakes or floods, or national incidents like pandemic illnesses. However, it is not limited to just that. Any event that could cause the potential for loss of business should be considered, including any event that the business is dependent on, such as loss of source of supply, loss of critical infrastructure (a major piece of machinery or computing/network resource), or the result of theft or vandalism. As such, risk management must be incorporated as part of BCP.
Knock-On Effects of China’s Coronavirus May Be Worse Than Thought
The Coronavirus outbreak has caused a huge negative impact to many businesses. It could pose a risk to many companies. Some companies have advised their staff to work from home. In such situation, how can companies ensure that the business is not heavily affected? In view of the coronavirus, what can you do to help your company to eliminate the level of risks? Let us do our part to help our company in this challenging period!
2-Day Business Continuity Planning and Implementation Workshop
Business Continuity Plans form an essential part of an organization’s tools for maintaining continuity of critical products and services. Having an effective business continuity plan in place helps you to understand critical business processes and the impact of disruption. Let Business Continuity Expert, Mr Andrew Cheah share with you a step by step guide on how to keep your business going in the face of uncertainty and threats. This 2-day practical hands-on training will provide you with a framework to help in implementing Business Continuity Management (BCM).
At the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Evaluate the various types of business continuity strategies and identify the most relevant for your organization
- How to Conduct a business impact analysis, and how best to utilize the results when creating a BCP
- Develop and become aware of the importance of BCP
- Reduce the probability that business events will end up with failures or high cost
- Strategize, prevent, OR reduce impact of crises
- Understand analytical tools in managing better business decision on BCP
- Learn the step by step modules on BCP
- Enhance and strengthen business competitiveness
- Help in ensuring continuity of business
- Learn and Practice with case studies and interactive exercises
- Introduction to BCP
- Discussion on BCP
– examples from current environment
– examples from organization
– Debate: is there ANY way to predict or prevent undesirable events from happening?
- The 5 Phases of BCP
a) Analytical tools
– consequences of risk management failure
– 4 Steps of Risk Analysis: with cases and discussion
– critical (urgent) and non-critical (non-urgent) activities/functions
– step by step guide to Impact Analysis
– How to identify the most cost-effective recovery solution
– Critical & Creative dimension
– Crisis Management Command
– How to execute the solution
– Factors on cost and side effects
d) Testing and Organizational Acceptance
– Crisis or Stress test
– Managing Change
– Training & Communication
– Staffing Changes
– Clients, Vendors/Suppliers
Who Should Attend?
This workshop focused on the skills of developing and implementing your Business Continuity Plan (BC Plan). This workshop is suitable for
- senior management, managers, engineers, officers, team-based project personnel, and all those who wish to improve their skills in understanding and managing business continuity, recovery and risk.
- Vice presidents, directors and managers of risk management
- Senior officers, Managers and any stakeholder with an interest or responsibility in protecting the organization from the effects of disruptive events.
- anyone who has been given the responsibility by the management to develop the Business Continuity Management charter.
“Andrew is a very effective trainer with a lot of great examples to explain concepts. The training class was very engaging and fun” – Catherine Mendez, SAS
“Mr Cheah is knowledgeable in his delivery and is able to explain contents well. His amiable personality is very welcoming and keeps the class entertained.” – Nuraishah Nahat, MHA
“Andrew is able to bring concepts to the simple minds. The concepts are easy to apply. There were no boring moments at all! Totally worth my time!’ – Armida Diano, Qualcomm Global Trading Pte Ltd
Business Continuity Plan Expert: Andrew Cheah
Andrew Cheah has been a trainer and management consultant since 1991, specialising in the areas of performance management, productivity improvement, behavioural change and leadership. Andrew has trained clients from diverse industries such as in banking, insurance, hospitality, sales and distribution, manufacturing, food, property development, government/public services, and higher education. Being tri-lingual (English, Mandarin, and Malay Languages), Andrew has extensive regional exposure in Singapore, United Arab Emirates, Malaysia, China, Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam. In addition to training, Andrew has guided and provided consulting services to clients, leading to one of them winning the prestigious Malaysian National Productivity Award presented by the previous Malaysian Prime Minister, Tun Dr. Mahathir.
Andrew has also been invited to speak in events such as International Conference on Best Practices, which was graced by senior officials from the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI), sharing the stage with Professor Michael Gregory of the University of Cambridge, Mr Dieter Heyl (2007 Vice President of Mercedes Benz Malaysia), and Dr Marcus Chao, President of Lean China Enterprise Inc.
Andrew has an MBA degree qualification with the University of Portsmouth, UK. At the professional level, Andrew has a certificate in Blue Ocean Leadership Masterclass, as well as Leading Dimensions Profiling Trainer Certification (LDP certified). In addition to being a qualified ISO9000 assessor, his experience in international consultancy has also earned him a membership with the Association of Productivity Specialist in New York.