Talent-Based Strategic Workforce Planning for Strategic HR and LeadershipA Critical New Framework for Effective Workforce Planning and Talent Development
Area of Training : Leadership & People Management
SkillsFuture Code: CRS-N-0033592
YOUR CHALLENGE: INTEGRATING FUTURE WORKFORCE PLANNING INTO YOUR ORGANIZATIONAL STRATEGY
While most organizations spend a lot of time on their 3, 5 or 10 years plans, very seldom does it include a strategic talent based workforce plan. A good talent management plan helps to identify future demand and skills that do not exist today. It also helps to interconnect work force planning, talent management and succession planning processes.
Talent-based work force planning are often simply viewed as an annual event but not a continual, integrated and strategic process taking place at various points throughout the year. As a result, they deal with talent retention ineffectively, losing valuable talent to competitors, incurring higher recruiting costs and poor succession management.
TALENT BASED WORK FORCE PLANNING – AN IMMEDIATE IMPERATIVE NOW
It’s now imperative that organizations spot and groom talent that can be responsive, nimble and proactive in meeting future demands. If you are to compete for talent in the traditional way, you would most likely be underwhelmed by your ability to get the right skills sets for the job you want them to do in the next five years.
A COMPREHENSIVE SYSTEM FOR EFFECTIVE WORKFORCE PLANNING FOR ORGANIZATIONS OF ALL SIZES
Talent-Based Workforce Planning is a new discipline within Talent Management that interconnected talent management, Learning and Development and succession planning processes to enable organizations to identify key retention drivers and thus, effectively deal with practical aspects of managing talent retention, grow bench strengths, lower recruiting costs and plan for longer-term organizational health.
OUR SOLUTION: A PRO-ACTIVE PLAN TO PUT THE RIGHT TALENT IN THE RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME
This high impact 2 day Talent-Based Workforce Planning Masterclass will guide you through the planning framework and presents practical tools and approaches for successful implementation.
In addition, it discusses some of the major challenges of implementation facing leaders today. Upon completion of this seminar, the participants will be able to:
- Explain why talent matters, and what it takes to enhance workforce effectiveness and retention, and their implications for succession planning.
- Proactively identification of current and future skills gaps is an essential and integrated process of talent management and yield significant business impact.
- Identify staffing needs and opportunities through qualitative and quantitative measures, and presents several effective, non-traditional approaches to strategic staffing
- Explain the focus of talent identification and talent classification within their organizations.
- Determine talent development and how it moves talent contribution beyond immediate performance, and longer-term organizational performance.
- Describe a framework that will support alignment and success planning of the right people in the right roles at the time to achieve organizational success.
- Implement talent management tools and practices in their organization
- Introductions, Program Overview, Objectives & Agenda (9.00 am – 9.45am)
- Overview of Talent-based Workforce Planning, Why Talent matters (9.45am – 10.15am)
- Perspectives on “Why Talent Matters”: Changing Trends & The War on Talent (10.30am – 11.30am)
- Opening Case, Strategic Talent Management cycle & framework – Characteristics of organization (& its functions, Talent Definitions & Characteristics of Talent) (11.30am – 12.45pm)
- Activity 1: Identifying the Characteristics of Organization (1.45pm – 2.30pm)
- Steps to Creating a Talent Management System (2.30pm- 3.40pm)
- Talent Management Review: Performance-Potential Matrices (3.55pm – 5.00pm)
- Activity 2: Talent Calibration (9.00am – 10.00am)
- Activity 3: Defining the Potential-Performance Matrix (10.00am – 11.00am)
AM Tea- Break
- Activity 4: Talent Calibration (using the Potential-Performance Matrix (11.15am – 12.00pm)
- Talent Development Strategies: (1.00pm – 2.30pm)
o Bench Strengths & Talent Classifications
o Succession Planning & Development Strategies
- Activity 5: Defining Talent Development Area (2.30pm – 3.05pm)
- Talent Coaching & Career related needs of talent (3.15pm – 4.45pm)
- Learning Summary & Closure (4.45pm – 5.00pm)
WHO WILL BENEFIT MOST
Talent Based Strategic Workforce Planning is one of the most sought after skill in talent management today. Master this critical skill today and move your career and your organization’s objectives forward simultaneously, highly valuable for
- High Potential Practitioners, HR Managers professionals from government agencies, NGOs and private sector
- Line Recruiter, Managers , Team Managements and Department heads
- OD Consultants and Academics who are involved with efforts to improve employee motivation.
- Executive Placement and Talent Acquisition team and recruiters
- Also useful for managers who in-charge of Learning & Development, workforce planning initiatives and performance assessment related work.
LEARNING METHODOLOGY – CASE STUDIES, TEMPLATES, TOOLKITS AND VALUABLE INSIGHTS
This program will be delivered via conceptual briefing using written and visual aids. To enhance learning effectiveness and transfer, experience-based learning will be emphasised. Time will be allocated for skills practices, group discussions and short exercises. The program leader will facilitate group discussions and feedback on the application of talent management concepts.
TALENT MANAGEMENT AND ORGANIZATIONAL COACH: MR JACK CHUA
Mr Jack Chua is an Executive Coach and Aventis Principal Career Coach and possess over 25 years of global consulting experience across Asia- Pacific, US and Europe. All of which help him to appreciate the challenges from a cultural perspective and learn fresh ways of understanding different viewpoints.
Much of his 25 years of experience is spent in various regional and leadership roles across a range of leadership development and generalist HR positions, and consulting in sectors as diverse as manufacturing, electronics, oil and energy, telecommunications, fast moving consumer goods and financial services.
Jack graduated with degrees, including an MBA in Strategic and International Management. He is certified in MBTI, FIRO-B, Workplace Big 5, Team Architect, CPI 260, and William Bridges Change Management. He is qualified to interpret a number of 360 instruments such as Conflict Dynamic Profiling (CDP) 360, Voices 360, Hogan Assessments and Benchmarks, which he has used to support executive coaching. Jack enjoys working with business leaders, teams and individuals to jointly design and implement effective solutions.
“Mr. Jack Chua is such a great coach! He certainly helped me to have a deeper understanding and apply these techniques at work.” – Assistant Manager, National University Health System
“Jack has been extremely helpful in his sharing. By providing relevant case studies to illustrate the concepts, it provides me with greater clarity in my future plans. I recommended my colleagues to attend this course.” – Manager, Nanyang Polytechnic
“There is a plethora of programs in the market, Aventis’s Certification provides us with a comprehensive program covering not only theoretical skills and tools but the knowledge to apply them effectively. Activities are stimulating and thought-provoking where one of the benefits includes acquiring realistic, hands-on learning tools that improve not only skills set but also instill participants’ confidence.” – Dr. Georgina, Management Consultant
Register today to avoid disappointment; all registrations are processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
To register, please contact us @ 6720 3333 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Complimentary Corporate Training & Learning Directory (2019)