Strategic Thinking and Sun Tzu Leadership Expert
Business Strategist and Founder of Business Value Oriented Technology Company: Lim Liat
Mr Lim Liat founded a BvOtech (Business value Oriented technology) to help people and businesses to be more successful through synergizing the wisdoms of East and West. The key areas include unified corporate performance management framework, innovation and business model design, creative & visual thinking systems (BVITS), learning and innovative organization, leadership skills and the future of management with Sinology – Chinese classical wisdom such as I-Ching, the philosophies of the Dao School (Lao Zi), Ru School (Confucius), Mo School, Fa School and Sun Zi’s Art of War and more.
Lim consults for start-ups, SMEs, MNCs and GLCs. He has taught for and sat on the advisory boards ofInstitutes of Higher Learning and investment committees. He has more than 30 years of technology andmanagement experience. A pioneer of Singapore Computer Systems in 1980, Liat contributed to the its listing on the Singapore Exchange, reaching a revenue of about $500 million operating in over 9 countries. He left as Deputy CEO in 2003 to start BvOtech.
Lim was a Public Service Commission Merit and a Commonwealth Scholar. He obtained a Bachelor of Industrial and System engineering (1st Class Honours with Gold Medal) from the National University of Singapore in 1974 and a Master’s Degree in Industrial Engineering from University of Alberta, Canada, 1976. He is a joint author of five US Registered Patents in End User Query and Data Modelling.
“It is pretty rare to find the courses that he teaches offered elsewhere with other trainers in Singapore or even in the world. The key to maximum engagement in the class is the way you teach – being a subject expert and being open to other people’s opinions – Lim Liat is definitely both. All levels of working professionals in any industry will benefit from his courses.” – Caroline Tracy Lee, Manager for Strategic Planning and Policy, AIA
“I am not a Chinese and was thinking that I may have trouble understanding Lim Liat’s courses because his professional background and interest are towards Chinese management philosophies but this is not true. He is effectively bilingual with experience in many industries. Most courses out there are pretty general and do not apply to your work or life so you walk away retaining no new information in the long term but not courses by Lim Liat.” – Muhammad Khairul, Staff Officer for Singapore Customs
Two Day Course “Sun Tzu’s Art of War for Success: The Complete Strategic and Leadership Insights for Business Leaders”
Your Present is the Product of Your Thinking and Decisions Made. “Change Your Thinking and You Can Change Your World” is a Famous Saying.
To change for the better, you need to have the right thinking. To have the right thinking, you need to learn Sun Tzu’s Art of War. The Art of War is not just about warfare. It is the winner’s mindset. It shows you how to win without a fight. It is about building your power and influence so that others will willingly give in to you and follow your leadership.
5 Key Takeaways
- The winner mindsets for thinking and decision making extended from Sun Tzu’s Art of War;
- The application of the Art of War for business success and sustained leadership;
- The complete insights of Sun Tzu’s Art of War for the design of strategies on the one hand, and the leading and organizing of people for the execution on the other to achieve good success;
- The keys to becoming a great leader;
- How to build the ideal organization for an ever changing and complex world – the health and sickness of organization.
One Day Course “Managing Stress and Mental Wellness at Work”
“If you are too busy to laugh, you are too busy.” – Proverb
Employee wellness programmes are no longer a novelty as positive workplaces are a strong contributor to organisational well-being, providing opportunities for staff members to achieve their in a stress-free and conducive environment. This will help companies to reduce absenteeism, staff turnover, and create a healthier and more productive work environment for everyone.
5 Key Takeaways
- Understand the sources of stress, discover how the body and mind work according to the latest medical and life sciences, know how stress causes sickness and how thoughts can affect health;
- Achieve work-life balance after learning from the successful entrepreneurs from work-life balance to work-life design, discover one’s purpose, values and valuables of life to prioritise according to different stages of life;
- Discover and develop character by identifying personality traits based on DISC or MBTI and Natural Talents such as StrengthFinders, know Stephen Covey’s seven habits of highly effective people and Confucious’ Great Learning to rule outwards from developing inward strengths;
- Learn how to extend wellness into workplaces, cultivate fully engaged staff members with Confucious’ management style, know and match the right people for the right jobs to gain effectiveness and happiness;
- Practise effortless and effective leadership from the wisdom from Lao Zi in attaining greatness, transparent leadership, the simple steps for success to achieve self-directed and self-managed organisation of happy people.
One Day Course “Winning Through Business Ethics”
“If ethics are poor at the top, that behaviour is copied down through the organisation.” – Robert Noyce, the Mayor of Silicon Valley
Environmental and social justice issues have all heightened the needs and the importance of ethical business practices. They lead us back to question the purpose of business and what makes for ethical business practices:
- How can the dilemma of ethics and profits be resolved?
- How can business win with making ethical good profits?
- What are the ethical ways to treat the various stakeholders such as employees, customers, shares owners, suppliers, competitors, environment and the community?
The framework and the principles of the Art of War can be drawn to create a winning ethical organization inside-out, and be responsive to the outside world that sustains good profits that last.
5 Key Takeaways
- The trends of management and leadership thinking towards conscious capitalism and business;
- Ethics and the ethical practices to treat the various stakeholders of the business;
- Understanding and application of Sun Zi’s Art of War in creating winning ethical business;
- The know-how to build an ethical organization that makes good profits in the long run;
- Improve the way to lead by example, deal with difficult workplace scenarios and maintain high ethical standards for outstanding company reputation.
For More Information:
For more information about the courses above or in–house customised training requests, please contact Ms. Amelia Lim at 6720 3333 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.