Legal and Negotiation Experts
The Persuasion Doctor: Mr David Goldwich
David Goldwich is a “reformed” lawyer who is committed to helping people get what they want by teaching them how to play the negotiation game and be assertive, compelling, persuasive communicators. He practiced law in the United States for more than ten years, arguing before judges and political, government, and community bodies. He is trained as a mediator and has managed small businesses as well. He advocates the interest-based negotiation approach developed at Harvard to achieve win-win outcomes. As a highly sought after consultant, David uses simulations, role play, skits, and interactive sessions to help participants learn and improve their skills, he has delivered customized training to many organizations across Asia; David also appears frequently on radio, and hosted a television talk show.
“David taught me a lot about assertiveness in this course through his presentations, practice, and the materials. These techniques will surely help me to be assertive in the workplace and in my personal life as well.” – Mr Willy, Senior Engineer
“Excellent course. Great delivery and trainer was concise and succinct during the presentation. High level key values that make an impact rather than minute details which would be forgotten or lost over time. Thanks, David!” – Hock Jin, Senior Network Engineer “Interesting trainer, able to capture the attention of the class and spice up the atmosphere for conducive learning. David’s explanation, in the form of stories, helped in driving in the points. It was excellent, and I highly appreciate it.” – Surajit, Senior Manager
1 Day – Impromptu Speaking with Confidence, Conviction and Clarity during Meetings and Project Discussion
Giving a presentation and speaking in public can be a daunting task for some and one which doesn’t come naturally. Even confident people can find giving presentations nerve racking. What more if you are unexpectedly called upon to address a group, respond to questions, or offer your views without advance notice? How often were you caught unprepared and panicked when asked to speak your views on the spot?
- Neutralize the fear of speaking before a group using simple formulas to be more likeable and memorable
- Organise your thoughts quickly and calmly before speaking and exude confidence(even if you’re nervous!)
- Understand, align and connect with your audience by projecting your vocal and body language for maximum impact
- Techniques on how to organize your thoughts to deliver clear and convincing message in a split second.
- Use imagery and gestures as visual aid of powerful communicators to bolster your message
1 Day – High Impact Manager Workshop
Employees Don’t Leave Companies, They Leave Managers.
Often times, when asked “Why do great employees leave?” one of the most common answer is because they don’t get along with their managers/supervisors. Managers who don’t create the right opportunities for their employees, don’t communicate with them, and don’t appreciate them often find themselves dealing with a high turnover rate.
- Learn how to set S.M.A.R.T goals
- Understand the concept of the time management matrix and make every minute count
- Create a motivating climate in the workplace through effective leadership behaviour
- Learn how to give feedback to motivate and elicit peak performance
- Use a 7-step process for having difficult or sensitive conversations painlessly
DATE: 22 February 2016 Course Fees: $580
1 Day – The Leader as Storyteller Workshop
Let’s face it, as leaders and managers, we need better ways to communicate, influence, and build engagement with our team in today’s rapidly changing environment. In his latest studies, internationally renowned Harvard Professor Howard Gardner states that “the key to leadership… is effective communication of a story.” Storytelling is an important life skill that has benefited many successful leaders to communicate their vision, win buy-in both at work or at home. Good stories surprise us. They have compelling characters. They make us think; make us feel emotionally connected through meaningful moments. Powerful stories move people and lead to action. It sticks in our minds and help us remember ideas and concepts way better than PowerPoints and traditional business plans.
- Communicate and get your message across all stakeholders
- Use the right kind of story at the right time in different situations
- Drive change, promote positive learning and inspire Innovation
- Motivate, and guide, without giving commands and micro management
- Convert lessons and experience into stories that stick
Employment Law and Legal Expert: Khaleel Namazie, Advocate & Solicitor (SG)
Khaleel was admitted as an Advocate & Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore in 1994. He is also a member of the Law Society of England & Wales. He read for a Bachelor’s Degree in Law at the National University of Singapore and for a Master’s Degree in Computer and Communications Law at Queen Mary & Westfield College, University of London. The component subjects were Information Technology Law, Intellectual Property Law, Telecommunications Law, Electronic Banking Law and Internet Law. Apart from his experience in advising local and international clients in private practice on a variety of commercial, corporate and litigation matters, Khaleel worked in the Asia Pacific Legal Department of Hewlett-Packard Singapore Pte Ltd as a Commercial Contracts Manager with special responsibility for the Asia Emerging Countries of Pakistan, Bangladesh and Vietnam and with Singapore Telecommunications Limited as Senior Legal Counsel as part of the SingTel Global Offices team. During that time, he was also responsible for negotiating the legal aspects of a number of high value telecommunications and IT agreements with a significant number of Fortune 500 companies.
2 Day – Employment Law in Singapore
The Employment Act is the key legislature governing employment relations in Singapore. It stipulates the basic terms and conditions of employment and the rights and obligations of employers and employees. Because there are consequences to not understanding the principles of employment law which may include legal action in Court, it is vital for persons who are in positions to make decisions with respect to employees to understand the law of employment. Companies and individuals lose considerable quantities of sums being sued in Court because of a lack of understanding of the law of employment and the course hopes, with its practical perspective, to effectively communicate these vital principles to the attendees over a 2 day period.
- Understand the development of employment law by the Courts
- How to effectively handle the termination of employees
- Understand the terms of the employment contract
- Identifying workplace bullying and harassment
- Pros and cons of mediation, arbitration and litigation
1 Day – Landlord and Tenant Law for Non-Legal Professionals How to Avoid Costly Mistakes in Landlord & Tenancy Agreements?
Unlike some jurisdictions, Singapore does not have a comprehensive set of legislation governing landlord and tenant relations. In Singapore, the landlord and tenant relationship is governed by general contract law principles, common law, and various legislations governing land, as well as guidelines by relevant authorities. Landlord and Tenant law – What you should know? This practical workshop will provide you with a critical understanding of the landlords’ and tenants’ rights and obligations under the law. It will also address practical issues and disputes commonly arising from business tenancies by walking through with you sample Tenancy Agreements for both commercial and residential.
- Identify challenges of the landlord and tenant relationship
- Interpreting and understanding clauses
- Resolving problems encountered in tenancy agreements
- Resolving tenancy disputes effectively and promptly
For More Information:
Please kindly contact our Training Specialist @ 6720 3333 | email@example.com for more information about our workshops and customized training.