High Impact Manager & Supervisor Training: The Ultimate Guide for New Managers and SupervisorsA Step by Step Guide to Setting Goals, Managing People and Becoming an Effective Leader
Area of Training: Leadership & People Management
SkillsFuture Code: CRS-N-0033223
YOUR CHALLENGE: HOW TO EFFECTIVELY DELEGATE AND LEAD YOUR TEAM TO ACHIEVE ORGANIZATIONAL GOALS AND OPERATIONAL DEADLINES
Managing people is one of the most demanding yet rewarding skills set you can have. Many newly promoted managers and supervisors failed to transit from a high performance individual into an effective team manager. Alarmingly, the latest Survey by CareerBuilder shows that close to 60% of new managers and supervisors receive no formal management training and are ill prepared for the new challenges and roles without proper guidance.
Learn how to get results and improve performance by knowing when to speak up and when to listen.
OUR SOLUTION: A STEP BY STEP ROADMAP TO SETTING CLEAR EXPECTATION AND EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION TECHNIQUES.
There is more to being a manager or supervisor than longer hours and greater responsibility. Becoming a manager is a whole new role and demands new skill sets. Having people report to you means additional demands on your time
- Learning to Lead by understanding the different roles and responsibilities as a Managers .
- Learn how to clearly set and communicate performance goals for optimal results
- Learn how can you express yourself clearly and apply active listening
- How to identify team members’ strengths and weaknesses through constructive feedback sessions
- How to recalibrate relationships with senior leaders, your peers, and other important stakeholders.
- Earn the Trust and Support of the team by resolving operational issues and conflicts transparently
TAKE CHARGE OF YOUR ROLE AND ACHIEVE RESULTS FAST!
- Develop confidence and managerial competency, and inspire and engage rather than dictate.
- Appreciate the importance of planning and learn specific planning techniques. Learn how to set SMART goals.
- Understand the concept of the time management matrix and make every precious second count.
- Create a motivating climate in the workplace through effective leadership behaviour.
- Learn how to give feedback to motivate and elicit peak performance.
- Use a 7-step process for having difficult or sensitive conversations painlessly.
- Be able to delegate to make the most of your time and develop others.
WHO WILL BENEFIT MOST FROM THIS SEMINAR?
- Aspiring and soon-to-be-promoted supervisors
- Newly appointed team, work group, and project leaders
- Experienced supervisors with little or no formal supervisory training
- Supervisors and managers with less than one year’s experience
- Introduction: The Role of Manager
- Manager, leader, boss, and coach
- Communicating with subordinates, peers, and superiors
- Listening: connecting with your ears
- Looking and sounding the part
- Planning and Goal Setting
- Developing a systematic and effective approach to planning
- Prioritizing the daily plan
- Setting SMART Goals
- Incremental vs. quantum goals
- The time management matrix
- Delegating to Create Value
- Why we don’t delegate enough
- What tasks should you delegate?
- How to delegate
- Giving Feedback
- Planning feedback
- Conducting difficult conversations
- Your Action Plan
“David taught me a lot about assertiveness in this course through his presentations, practice, and the materials. These techniques will surely help me to be assertive in the workplace and in my personal life as well” – Mr Willy, Senior Engineer
“I learned a lot from David’s teaching. I am shy and passive but he gives lots of encouragement. I really appreciate it.” – Ms Emilyn, Purchasing Manager
“David knew the methodology well and kept us entertained throughout the course! Vital topics were captured. Loved the session!” – Ms Razeena, C.S Manager
Register today to avoid disappointment; all registrations are processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
To register, please contact us @ 6720 3333 | email@example.com
Download Complimentary Corporate Training & Learning Directory (2019)