Finance, Investment and Accounting
Corporate Consultancy and Risk Management Strategist: Professor Malick SY
Prof. Malick Sy has more than 25 years of experience in financial consulting and advisory to many financial institutions in Europe, Asia and Australia. He is a professor in Financial Management at Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT) University-Australia, a visiting Professor at the City University of New York (USA) and adjunct professor of Arcadia University, Pennsylvania (USA). He is also the Managing Director and Principal Consultant of IBC Holdings Pte Ltd, a financial consulting firm with offices located in South East Asia. He has been a Director of Risk Management at the Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange and a member of the Singapore Exchange Corporate Advisory Committee (SGX-DT) previously.
“Prof. Malick is very well versed in the valuation techniques. A very informative session!” – VP Finance, Oil tanking Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
“Tremendously impressed with Prof. Malick’s excellent combination of theoretical & practical knowledge. Always difficult to find & take time out of office / work – this was an absolutely valuable use of time!” – CEO, SG Fujitsu
1 Day – High Impact Strategic Corporate Restructuring and Liquidation Key Takeaways
- Identify signs and symptoms of financial distress
- Analyse financial statements and company reports for financial and business risk factors
- Evaluate the various financial restructuring options, its implications and risks
- Examine the process involved in corporate restructuring & Identify the economic interests of stakeholders
- Understand the potential legal issues arising in corporate loan workouts and debt restructuring
1 Day – Strategic Asset Allocation and Dynamic Portfolio Management Key Takeaways
- Strategically manage the risk-return equation and set achievable investment objectives
- Develop a new effective risk criteria to manage investment risk in a multi asset portfolio
- Gain Fresh Perspective to Modern and Post Modern Portfolio Theory, the Capital Asset Pricing Model, and the Arbitration Pricing Theory
- Understand the dangers of market timing and the challenges involved in tactical asset allocation strategies–with insights from the field of behavioral finance
- Evaluate different investment management styles aimed at achieving today’s challenging investment objectives
Corporate Governance and Financial Management Strategist: Professor Yawar Zoeb
Professor Yawar Zoeb (Fellow CPA) brings with him over 20 years of professional experience in both public and private sectors in Australia, India, Papua New Guinea and Singapore. He currently divides his time between managing the Corporate Governance and Internal Audit function for the Department of Health, Western Australia and teaching Accounting at Murdoch University in Western.
“Good content and highly practical knowledge. Good learning experience.” – Charith Udayanga, Finance Manager, Transnational Logistics
“Prof Yawar is a good presenter which make time to answer all my queries, very enriching.” – Franklin Chong, Gallery Hotel Finance Controller
2 Day – Financial Controller Professional Certification Key Takeaways
- Develop a clear understanding of financial management and governance framework
- Understand the financial statements and differentiating between the key components within the financial statements.
- Red flags to look out for when analysing financial controls
- Learn how to define the scope and scale of governance activities across the organizational spectrum.
- Integrating governance practices into the management cycle
- Techniques to protect your reputation, minimise your liability and promote your credibility
1 Day – Corporate Fraud Prevention, Internal Control and Investigation Key Takeaways
- Latest Trends and Techniques – Identify latest trends of fraud in companies.
- A blueprint on how to conduct fraud risk assessments professionally and confidently
- Develop a basic investigative plan for dealing with reports of suspected fraud
- Practical tips on how to project lead a team to examine cases of suspected fraud with confidentiality and sensitivity
- Establish and strengthen key internal controls to prevent and reduce corporate fraud
1 Day – Understanding the Basics of Financial Management Key Takeaways
- Key concepts in Accounting & Finance
- Introduction to Financial Statements
- Analyzing Financial Information
- Preparing Basic Financial Statements
- Key Steps to Managing Personal & Business Finance
For More Information: For more information about the above workshops or customized in-house training, please kindly contact Ms Ame Goh @ 6720 3333 | firstname.lastname@example.org