Managing Difficult People – Turn a No into a Yes
At work, in social settings and even at home with your family, you are bound to encounter difficult people and experience tensed situations at some point or another. It could be because of an unreasonable customer or an angry boss at work or a family member who makes things difficult for you. You might have come away from such encounters feeling angry yourself, angry at the way you were treated or angry with yourself for the way you reacted to the situation. Focusing on the workplace, we will share with you an effective and systematic process to turn hostile people into your allies.
- Learn how to use the right words to turn volatile scenarios into calm and productive customer encounters
- Be aware of the trigger words to avoid that can make bad situations worse and out of control
- Learn how to handle intimidation and rude people professionally without losing your cool and instead make them your allies
Meet the Industry Expert: Ms Maxine Teo
Maxine is a tri-lingual speaker, corporate facilitator and coach with a passion for colorfully impacting lives™ over 20 years of working with diverse teams across Asia. One of the most prolific speakers in Asia having successfully delivered keynotes on wealth management, retirement planning, peak performance and sales excellence to audiences in 30 over cities around the world.
Maxine has a knack of turning complicated concepts into practical and highly engaging learning applications. Maxine is fluent in spoken and written English, Mandarin and Cantonese and she delivers her messages in the three languages seamlessly to help her audiences achieve their highest level of understanding.
Coming from a decade of working in the financial services industry as a financial advisor and banker, Maxine shares her experience and knowledge in Relationship Management topics like Advisory Sales (B2B & B2C), Impactful presentation, Business Etiquette, Networking Skills, Negotiation Skills, Effective Communication, Client Service Excellence, Client Book Management, Cross-Cultural Awareness, Business Presentation Skills, and Time and Stress Management for better productivity. The skills she imparts are especially applicable to service and relationship-based industries like finance and banking, insurance and real estate.
Over the years, Maxine has received multiple awards from various international training institutions in recognition for her excellent work delivered to their corporate clients. She is also a frequent guest on Channel News Asia Radio 938, Money Mind show, to share on her experience and expertise on topics related to client and stakeholder engagement. What sets Maxine apart from most trainers in the industry is her ability to connect with her audiences instantly with her authenticity and personal energetic style!
- Financial services – Insurance, retail banking, wealth management, private banking
- Media & event management
- Retail & Fast-moving consumer goods
Education and Professional Qualification
- Bachelors Degree with Merit, National University of Singapore
- True Colors Personality Profiling – Accredited Facilitator – True Colors USA
- Belbin Team Profiling – Accredited Trainer – Belbin UK
- Professional Diploma in Training and Development – STADA Singapore
- Professional Certificate in Designing and Facilitating Experiential Learning – STADA Singapore
- Better Buyer Relationships – Sales Training Solutions Accredited Facilitator – IOWEU Hong Kong
Self-Awareness and Reflections
Leveraging the 3Vs to Disarm Difficult People
PAUSE Model to turn a No into a Yes
Use of Questions to Turn Difficult People into Your Allies