WordPress Marketing Masterclass
WordPress is the most popular content management system (CMS) platform in Singapore and used across a wide range of industries. It can be used for B2B and B2C websites and set up easily within a few clicks. However, upon setup, a WordPress website must implement SEO effectively so as to be able to generate greater organic visibility, rankings and traffic. Search engine optimisation (SEO) traffic is more than just increasing rankings of your websites. It encompasses and empowers programming, content, visibility, customer experience, analytics for the overall success of your website. Giving your customers a great experience should take priority if you are serious about your online business!
This 2-day WordPress masterclass will cover the fundamentals and advanced strategies in designing, creating and optimising your WordPress business website for traffic and conversions. This course also aims to improve your online sales exponentially by designing, building and launching a WordPress business website to improve the online experience for your customers.
- Master using design thinking and user experience (UX) best practices to craft customer friendly websites
- Leverage on research and best practices to design your website on WordPress so that customers will love using it
- Build and launch your website using a tested Design-Build-Rank framework built around design thinking and UX best practices
- Rank higher in Google’s search by improving your SEO and customer experience
- Entrepreneurs and business owners
- SMEs who want to implement WordPress business website to drive traffic and sales
- Marketing Professionals who face challenges in:
- Crafting user optimized landing pages and websites
- Driving engagement with leads and customers
- Lead conversion
- Identifying the topics that leads and customers are interested in
- Creating content for websites
Basic computer knowledge is required as participants are required to bring a laptop.
- Plot the customer journey map
- Understanding the needs of your customer
- Objectives of the customer journey map
- Plotting the customer journey map
- Design your website
- Interview to validate your map and customer needs
- Build a persona of your customer
- Identify insights and opportunities
- Ideating with “How might we”?
- WordPress platform introduction
- Creating your website design prototype and information architecture directly in WordPress
- Customer Personas and Keyword Research
- Understand customer personas and the customer journey
- Keyword usage in SEO
- Perform commercial keyword research, content idea generation and SEO meta tags analysis
- Map keyword research to the customer journey
- Site content architecture and keyword targeting
- Build your WordPress website
- Site setup and configuration
- Theme selection and design configuration
- Content population
- Pre-launch checklist
- Rank Your WordPress Website
- WordPress SEO Implementation Checklist + Online Resources
- Overview of the important SEO components of a WordPress website
- Optimizing your WordPress site architecture for users AND search engines
- Competitive research in SEO
- Setting up Google Analytics, Search Console, WordFence, Yoast SEO, Cache Speed Plugins, SSL and SEO Re-directs plugins
- Improving the user experience through implementing mobile responsive, load caching, image and code compression and structured data markup on the WordPress website
Digital Marketing Expert: Ivan Wong
Ivan has over 20 years of experience in Business Consulting, Training, Search Engine Marketing, Conversion Optimisation and Digital Analytics. A certified accountant and programmer by training, he also has over 10 years’ experience as a marketing trainer. Ivan is also one of the few Google-appointed Regional Trainers that trains the official Google Ads, Analytics and Mobile Advertising courses.
Ivan is an external trainer and consultant for various organisations such as Google Mobile Labs, TheKnowledgeEngineers, General Assembly, Econsultancy and ClickAcademy Asia. Well-versed in both the technical and business aspects of digital marketing, his passion is to help organisations of all types to use digital marketing effectively, working with all sizes of business from SMEs through to clients as large as TripAdvisor, CNNGo, Decathlon International, Singapore Tourism Board, and American Express.