Thinking Big and Celebrating Failures
Overcome the Fear of Failure. Stop Saying: No, I Can’t! and Start Saying Yes
Failure is fatal as a widely accepted organizational and personal limiting belief. In our rapidly evolving business environment, failure is inevitable, but how we overcome these fear and challenges and use them to our advantage.
- Have you ever… Said ‘No’ to doing something that might have ended in failure?
- Have you refuse to even attempt something in case it went wrong?
- Does the fear of being laughed at or ridiculed ever stop you from learning a new skill or software?
- Have you missed amazing business opportunities due to the fear of failure?
Don’t Let Fear of Failure Hold You Back from Professional and Personal Success
How would you like to turn this around and learn to take risks without worrying about being wrong or failing? Let Organizational Coach, Ms Eileen Seah share with you effective techniques to break this vicious cycle and move your life forward with greater confidence, conviction and clarity.
Expand Your Comfort Zone & Remove Your Limits
The brutal truth is that fear of failure requires us to unlearn and relearn, to forget our belief and attitude. From an Organizational perspective, managers also require effective ways to break old stereotypical notions of success and embracing valuable lessons even in the event of failure.
- Wouldn’t it be great to learn how you can create a failure-tolerant organizational culture where risk-taking and failure are accepted, embraced and recognized?
- Wouldn’t it be great to learn How You Can Recover from Mistakes, stronger and better?
In this 1 Day Masterclass, highly acclaimed Organizational Coach, Ms. Eileen Seah will help you and your organization adopt practical skills to change personal and organizational mindset and introduce positive workplace initiatives that promotes job ownership, acceptance of failure and calculated risk taking.
- Master the new rules of risk-taking so you can stop letting fear hold you back and start doing what you want
- Understand how blame game gets in the way by accepting that failure is part of the process.
- Let out your frustration by managing the psychological impact of failure
- Learn how companies have failed and benefited from it
- Deepen commitment, take calculated risks and empower performance
- Spot, assess and determine impact of learning moments Effective didactic “Expert Centred” techniques
- Understand that not all failures are equal and unavoidable failures in complex systems.
- Avoid limiters & embrace liberators and “failing points”
Whether you’re a manger seeking to help your team succeed and learn from failure or a business owner seeking to innovate and grow, this highly practical Masterclass will provide the critical tools you need to overcome fear and failure.
Who Will Benefit Most
- Senior government officers and people managers with direct reports, functional leaders/project managers who lead virtual teams,
- HOD, team leaders, managers or anyone who is or will be managing teams or individuals.
- HR practitioners and support managers who collaborate with local, regional and global teams
- Business consultants, coaches, Trainers and business leaders who are involved in people management.
Very interesting and a must-attend for all! The facilitator, Eileen Seah is doing her job very well. She exhibits mastery and knowledgeable on the topic. Her presentation is lively and no dull moments. Good job!” Vinson Gonda, General Cargo Express Limited
“I never knew something so simple can be so powerful and Eileen has helped me to stay focused on what I can change” Michael Ang, Customer Experience Improvement Manager, DBS Singapore.
Organizational Psychologist, Ms Eileen Seah (Master of Industrial and Organizational Psychology, The City University of New York)
Eileen is an Organisational Psychologist with a unique mix of HR and business skills and have personally coached hundreds of professionals in career transition by instilling and inculcating positive psychology throughout each journey.
She started her career at the Ministry of Defence as part of campus hire and moved to join a local bank as a Graduate Trainee, prior to leading Customer Service, Operations, Tactical Marketing, Learning & Talent Development teams in Asia for MNCs such as SITA and Thomson Reuters. Eileen enjoys connecting with people. In addition to the MSc, she holds an MBA, a Bachelor of Computer Science degree, a post-graduate diploma in Marketing and is a certified facilitator across different Talent Development programs and tools.