Data Storytelling and Visualisation Using Tableau Masterclass
Tableau is the fastest growing interactive data visualisation software used in the Business Intelligence industry. It helps in simplifying raw data into an easy-to-understand format. Tableau is also able to connect and extract the data stored in various places. It can pull data from any platform imaginable, from excel and pdf to a complex database like Oracle and Amazon webs services. The great thing about Tableau is that it doesn’t require any technical or any kind of programming skills to operate.
In this highly intensive and hands-on 3-day course, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of Tableau – how to use, how to gather data, how to clean the data, and how to use the various tools provided by Tableau. You will also be introduced to important concepts and techniques in Tableau to move from simple to complex visualisations and learn how to combine them in interactive dashboards. This course is also designed to expand your skills and distinguish yourself as a Tableau power user. It’s structured for those who have a working experience with Tableau and want to take it to the next level. You should understand how to build basic worksheets and dashboards but may scratch your head when working with more complex issues.
This course will be conducted over a period of three days – 17 Jun 2020, 23 Jul 2020, 24 Jul 2020.
In this course, you will:
- Identify the different types of business questions and analytical patterns
- Develop dashboards as part of data storytelling for business needs
- Be able to conduct exploratory and diagnostic analysis
- Professionals who work with data and are looking to improve their data visualisation skills
- Individuals seeking to gain knowledge and explore opportunities in the areas of business analytics
- Individuals with a keen interest to understand Tableau and its capabilities
1. What is Tableau? Visualizing Data Using Tableau
- What is Tableau?
- Why Tableau?
- Establishing Connection
- Tableau Desktop UI
- Tableau Features
2. Tableau Product Family
- Understanding Tableau
- How to Use Tableau?
3. Understanding How And When To Use Different Tableau Charts
- Tableau Charts: Bar Charts
- Tableau Charts: Line Chart
- Tableau Charts: Pareto Chart
- Tableau Charts: Area Chart
- Tableau Charts: Histogram
- Tableau Charts: Pie Charts
- Tableau Charts: Tree Maps
- Tableau Charts: Scatter Plots
- Tableau Charts: Bubble Charts
- Tableau Charts: Heat Maps
- Tableau Charts: Maps
- Tableau Charts: Bullet Charts
- Tableau Charts: Gantt Charts
- Tableau Charts: Box and Whisker Plots
- Tableau Charts: Waterfall Charts
- Tableau Charts: Motion Charts
4. Functions in Tableau and How to Use Them
- Number Functions
- Type Conversion Functions
- Aggregate Functions
- Logical Functions
5. Sets in Tableau
- Sets in Tableau
- Why sets?
- Tableau Sets With Demonstration
6. Parameters in Tableau
- Getting Started
- Creating Parameters in Tableau
- Using the Tableau Parameters in Calculations
- Parameter Control
- Using Tableau Parameters in your Visualization
7. Publishing dashboards in tableau server
Data Analyst: Sahil
Sahil is a seasoned data analytics entrepreneur, trainer, consultant, and content creator. His expertise and experience include Data Analysis, Design, Implementation, Administration and Support of Business Intelligence, OLTP (Batch Processing, Online Processing), OLAP, ETL, Data warehousing, DBMS and Data Modeling using SQL Server 2012/2008R2 /2008/2005, Informatica, MSBI, and Pentaho.
To date, Sahil has trained over 500 professionals worldwide on Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Pentaho, Microsoft Business Intelligence, SQL Server, and Informatica. Aside from training, he has also been a consultant for the past seven years and has consulted for numerous businesses in India, USA, Malaysia, and South Africa. His clientele includes RHB Bank and Provant Health Solutions.