Winning Without Warring: Advanced Sun Tzu’s Art of War Strategy for Business Leaders 4.0
In today's disruptive business world, you must capture the high ground and defend it against your rivals. The secret lies in mastering the strategic arts taught by the ancient Chinese military theorist Sun Tzu. Strategy and Leadership is not complex. But it is hard. It’s hard because it forces us to make difficult decisions and hard choices. Successful business leaders get to the heart of strategy and focus on Execution Skill that Drives Business Success
Let Sun Tzu be at your side to help you strategize to Win and futureproof your Business and Success.
Let Commonwealth Scholar and Successful Entrepreneur Mr Lim Liat shares with you the latest essences of using Art of War Strategy to overcome today’s business challenges and to future proof your organization for sustainable success. Apply Time-Tested Wisdom Strategy to help you seize the advantage, storm your competitors’ gates, and conquer the marketplace. Building upon the learning of the foundation workshop, Mr Lim Liat will explain in Depth on how you can master the Art and Science of Winning Strategy, explaining what it’s for, how to think about it, why you need it, and how to get it done.
A Powerful Combination of Sun Zi’s Art of War Strategy & Gui Gu Zi (千古奇人鬼谷子) Strategic Alliances Strategy
Sun Zi’s wisdom is about warfare, or competition in business terms. Gui Gu Zi’s wisdom is about partnerships, or strategic alliances in business terms. While Sun Tzu focuses on the mind, Gui Gu Zi points out the needs to address the heart of people first followed by mind. Strategic Alliances are about the discovery of people’s characters and their talents and then persuading them to join you, to strategize and to achieve mutual wins together. It is the synergy of collaborative advantages and hence is extremely powerful.
Case Studies Approach to Applying Art of War for Your Business
In this provoking and highly insightful masterclass, Mr Lim Liat will impart powerful insights on how to leverage on the Yin-Yang balance of the competitive nature of Sun Tzu’s Art of War and the collaborative nature of 千古奇人鬼谷子 Gui Gu Zi’s(鬼谷子) Strategic Alliances, a sage liked philosopher that advised kings and warlords in the late Warring States period and the end of the Han Dynasty.
Mr. Lim Liat will share with you the latest case studies and examples of how companies ranging from Toyota to Alibaba drawn upon Art of War strategy to overcome business challenges and conquer new business, he will clearly illustrate how these businesses apply Art of War Strategy to help them make the right choices and the difference between just playing the game and actually winning. In this two-days Advanced Sun Tzu’s Course, we will be covering the seemingly impossible cases to reveal the secrets of strategic alliances and persuasions such as, how to get the angry empress to forgo her favourite son? How to win back 10 cities without sending any troop? How did Steve Jobs get Bill Gates to invest in the dying Apple?
Who Should Attend?
Packed with personal anecdotes and real-life case studies, this workshop offers deep insights, original thinking, and feasible solutions to everyday challenges.
- Senior officers and Executives from government agencies or MNCs
- CEOS, C Level Executives, Directors, Head of Departments
- Entrepreneurs, start-ups, business consultants and advisors
- Sales and marketers, Business development executives
- Lawyers, Accountants, Engineers and other professionals seeking to futureproof and dominate in their domain
- Trainers, coaches, Academics and Lecturers involved in Chinese studies
- Business Stakeholders and Decision Makers; Business Consultants; Leading Academics, PhD Students
- Anyone who wants to adopt the Art of War in their career, personal life or business
- “It is pretty rare to find the courses that he teaches offered elsewhere with other trainers in Singapore or even in the world. The key to maximum engagement in the class is the way you teach – being a subject expert and being open to other people’s opinions – Lim Liat is definitely both. All levels of working professionals in any industry will benefit from his courses.” Caroline Tracy Lee, Manager for Strategic Planning and Policy, AIA
- “I am not a Chinese and was thinking that I may have trouble understanding Lim Liat’s courses because his professional background and interest are towards Chinese management philosophies but this is not true. He is effectively bilingual with experience in many industries. Most courses out there are pretty general and do not apply to your work or life so you walk away retaining no new information in the long term but not courses by Lim Liat.” Muhammad Khairul, Staff Officer for Singapore Customs
- “This is the type of course that I feel does not only focus on business outcomes, but also on personal outcomes. My time was well-spent indeed. Lim Liat’s courses are suitable for everyone, and I will also ask my staff members to join me for other courses.” Emma Wai, Senior Assistant Director for Corporate Development and Administration, Bureau Design Studio
FOUNDER OF BVOTECH AND CORPORATE PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT STRATEGIST:
Mr. Lim Liat founded a BvOtech (Business value Oriented technology) to help people and businesses to be more successful through synergizing the wisdoms of East and West. The key areas include unified corporate performance management framework, innovation and business model design, creative & visual thinking systems (BVITS), learning and innovative organization, leadership skills and the future of management with Sinology – Chinese classical wisdom such as I-Ching, the philosophies of the Dao School (Lao Zi), Ru School (Confucius), Mo School, Fa School and Sun Zi’s Art of War and more.
Lim consults for start-ups, SMEs, MNCs and GLCs. He has taught for and sat on the advisory boards of Institutes of Higher Learning and investment committees. He has more than 30 years of technology and management experience. A pioneer of Singapore Computer Systems in 1980, Liat contributed to the its listing on the Singapore Exchange, reaching a revenue of about $500 million operating in over 9 countries. He left as Deputy CEO in 2003 to start BvOtech.
Lim was a Public Service Commission Merit and a Commonwealth Scholar. He obtained a Bachelor of Industrial and System engineering (1st Class Honours with Gold Medal) from the National University of Singapore in 1974 and a Master’s Degree in Industrial Engineering from University of Alberta, Canada, 1976. He is a joint author of five US Registered Patents in End User Query and Data Modelling.