SQL Fundamentals For Beginners (Live Stream)
We live in a data-driven world where we analyse data to find insights that impact our business strategy, marketing, operations, and other business functions. Many businesses use large, relational databases which makes a fundamental understanding of SQL a great employable and scalable skill for professionals (not just professionals in data-related roles).
SQL stands for Structured Query Language. It is the standard language designed for managing data stored in a modern Relational Database Management System (RDBMS). SQL can be used to insert, search, update, and delete database records. Widely used in commercial relational database applications like Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle database and MySQL, SQL has become an industry standard for data extraction and manipulation.
This one-day SQL course aims to equip you with the practical skills required to use SQL for querying data using a variety of language options. You will learn how to communicate with relational databases through SQL and how to manipulate data and build queries that communicate with more than one table.
- Gain an understanding of SQL as a widely-used querying language in relational databases
- Learn how to use SQL to access, create, and update data stored in a database
- Learn to use SQL Server Management Studio to connect to databases and query table data
- Perform more complex queries by learning essential query keywords and functionality
- Learn powerful functions for performing complex database operations with ease
- Expand your SQL skills by creating and manipulating databases with multiple related tables
- Professionals who are required to use SQL for their work
- Professionals and individuals who are keen in leveraging SQL to query databases
- Participants are required to bring a laptop with internet/wifi connectivity
- Participants are required to download SQL Server Express Edition prior to the training
- Participants should ideally be familiar with basic concepts related to database structure and relevant terminologies
- Introduction to SQL
- Introduction to SQL Server Management Studio client application to query data
- Create queries with a variety of filtering conditions
- Use functions in queries to present data
- Organise table data through sorting and summarising options
- Extract data from multiple tables using joins option
- Export query results in several format
Microsoft Certified Trainer: Zaid Ismail
Zaid has been in the IT industry for over 25 years and in the corporate training industry for 20 years. During which, he primarily worked with a local training provider. His expertise includes database administration, SQL scripting, design and implementation using SQL Server platform, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access VBA programming, and Microsoft Office automation using VBA.
Earlier in his IT career, Zaid undertook the responsibility of Assistant IS Manager and led a group of developers to design and implement an in-house training management and enrolment system. These days, where his schedule permits, he provides consultancy in designing and implementing IT solutions for clients. He has conducted training for a number of companies including Singtel, BNP Paribas, Rockwell Automation, PSA Academy, and HDB.
Zaid has an Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA) and various Microsoft certifications such as Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate: SQL Server 2012, Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert: Data Platform, Microsoft Certified Database Administrator, and more.