Introduction to Statistical Analysis Using IBM SPSS Software
Statistics (or statistical analysis) is the process of collecting and analysing data to identify patterns and trends. It’s the method of using numbers to try to remove any bias when reviewing information. SPSS (Statistical Package for the Social Sciences) on the other hand, is a versatile and powerful statistical software platform. It delivers a robust set of features that lets your organisation extract actionable insights from its data. By using SPSS for statistics, you can solve complex business and research problems through a user-friendly interface.
This 1-day practical SPSS course aims to provide you with a comprehensive understanding of when and why to use various techniques as well as how to apply them with confidence, interpret output, and graphically display the results. You will learn a broad range of techniques for exploring and summarising data, as well as investigating and testing relationships. By the end of the course, you will be able to confidently set up the analysis and interpret the results using SPSS.
- Learn how to navigate and use SPSS for statistical analysis
- Learn descriptive statistics, statistical hypothesis testing, correlation analysis, and more
- Professionals who are required to work with SPSS
- Individuals who are keen on refreshing their knowledge and statistical experience
- Individuals who are new to SPSS who would like to improve their ability to understand and report on data with the reliability of statistical significance to supporting their results
- Participants should be familiar with basic concepts in statistics such as measurement levels, mean, and standard deviation
- Participants are required to bring a Windows laptop with internet capabilities for the training
- Opening a file in SPSS
- Opening an excel file
- Reading Text Data
- Creating a new variable
- Recoding Variables
- Recoding into the same variable
- Summarisation of Data
- Frequency Tables
- Descriptive Statistics
- Generating a Histogram
- Building Graphs Easily
- Select Cases
- Sorting of Cases
- Visual Binning
- Dates and Times
- Study Population and Sampling
- Measurement Scales
- Hypothesis Testing
- Statistical Hypothesis Testing
- Significance Levels
- Confidence Intervals
- T-Test: Independent Samples
- T-Test: Paired Samples
- Correlation Analysis
- Linear Regression
SPSS Expert: Victor Tan
Victor brings with him over 20 years of practical experience in various job scopes ranging from Lecturer to Senior Director of Corporate Development. He previously worked at reputable organisations and institutions such as Anglo-Chinese School, Raffles Institution, Nanyang Technological University, Institute of Technical Education, Singapore University of Social Sciences, and Hewlett Packard.
Victor is currently a trainer at IBM Skills Academy and Tertiary Infotech. His vast specialities and skillset include business continuity planning, design thinking, data analytics, robotic process automation, artificial intelligence, chatbot development, and more.
As an avid believer of upskilling and education, Victor has earned several qualifications which include a Master of Science in Information Studies (Information Systems), Master of Science in Biomedical Engineering, and a Master of Arts in Contemporary China from NTU. He’s also an Advanced Certificate in Learning and Performance (ACLP) certified trainer.