Data Analytics Using Qlik Sense For Beginners (Live Stream)
Qlik Sense is a complete data analytics platform that sets the benchmark for a new generation of analytics. With its one-of-a-kind associative analytics engine, sophisticated AI, and high-performance cloud platform, you can empower everyone in your organization to make better decisions daily, creating a truly data-driven enterprise.
Qlik Sense is built on the same QIX Associative Data Indexing engine as QlikView, but Qlik Sense offers a simplified user interface, drag-and-drop visualizations, and the ability to load data without manually editing scripts. Qlik Sense is designed from the ground up for self serve BI on a variety of devices. With Sense, users will be able to develop directly on the server instead of having to manage a single file among multiple developers. You can even develop full Qlik Sense applications on an iPad or tablet. Sense’s responsive design means that a single application will resize itself on your phone, tablet or laptop without having to develop specific UIs for each form factor. The best part; Qlik Sense uses the same data that QlikView does. You will be able to leverage all of your existing load scripts and data aggregations immediately.
- Explore Qlik Sense & learn how to navigate it
- Gain an overview of data visualisation
- Learn how to connect to data sources using Qlik Sense
- Learn the best practices to data modelling
- Create visualisations and dashboards using Qlik Sense
- Learn how to publish and schedule reports
- Professionals looking to leverage Qlik Sense for their organisations
- Professionals who work with data
Participants are required to have a basic understanding of data analytics. Two monitors/devices are recommended for this training.
- Introduction to Qlik Sense
- Importance of business intelligence and data analytics
- Data visualization & Qlik Sense
- How Qlik Sense varies from Qlik View?
- Qlik Sense server architecture
- Qlik Sense licensing model
- Qlik Sense components
- Data Warehousing and Data Modelling
- OLTP vs OLAP
- ER vs dimensional modelling
- Normalized vs denormalized database
- Types of schemas (Star vs Snowflake)
- Database tables Joining
- Data modelling best practices In Qlik Sense
- Qlik Sense Navigation and Data Import
- Navigating in the user interface
- Data load editor
- Data Model viewer
- Interacting with the user interface
- Extracting data from databases, data files and web files
- Loading data with the data load script
- Data Connections (SQL server, CSV, Excel)
- Various types of data loads
- Dashboard Creation in Qlik Sense
- Selections in a visualization
- Creation of charts (bar chart, pie chart, pareto chart etc.)
- Dimension and measures
- Chart properties
- Slicing and dicing of data
- Expressions, functions, and variables
- Master items
- Export data
- Data Modelling in Qlik Sense
- Creating star and snowflake schemas
- Use of joins, keeps, concatenate, etc.
- Understanding QVD layered architecture
- Working on synthetic keys and circular references.
- Master calendar
- Advanced Calculation and Set Analysis
- Dollar sign expansion
- Working with variables
- What is set analysis?
- Advanced functions
- Examples and hands-on set analysis expressions
- Publishing reports and scheduling the report refreshes
- Publish the reports into stream
- Apps, objects, streams and tasks
- Create a report refresh scheduling
- Best practices in Qliksense development life cycle
Qlik Sense Trainer: Sahil Goyal
Sahil is a seasoned data analytics entrepreneur, trainer, consultant, and content creator. He is passionate about data and showing business owners how to add intelligence to their business. He has trained globally 500+ professionals on Microsoft PowerBI, Tableau, Pentaho, Microsoft Business Intelligence, SQL Server, Informatica.
Sahil has been working globally for over 7 years in multiple contexts (consulting, freelancing, and contracting) in countries (India, USA, Malaysia, South Africa), which has added professional value and experience to his career. He is highly motivated, warm, and genuinely wants to see his clients realize their growth opportunities and understand their data with interactive visualizations, scalable solutions ready for the future.