Project Management Made Easy
In today’s environment, one can hardly find himself or herself in a situation where you only do your job as you are hired to do. In most instances, you are required from time to time to take on project responsibilities. This is good, because it allows you the opportunity to learn, grow, handle people, deadlines, slim budgets and tasks in such a way that will help your career growth and thus the organization. This also means continuous improvement for the organization that you work for/with. In this practical and interactive course, the person entrusted with managing projects will learn the process described above. Since success or failure depends largely on how we handle ourselves and others, and only then the technical skills and planning tools, the focus of this training will consist of areas relating to these two spectra on project management and project achievements.
Our Solution: Immediate Tool Kits to Let You Hit the Ground Running
Help is here! Let Organizational Coach, Andrew Cheah to help you with valuable insights to deliver a minimalistic approach to managing your projects without the mumbo-jumbo of traditional project management. Be equipped with a Simple yet powerful Step by Step guide to undertake a project effectively.
- Assess and determine the project environment, manpower and vital skills required
- Set realistic and measurable project goals and deliver Measurable results
- Establish project tasks, schedule and resources for effective implementation
- Pre-empt common Pitfalls with immediate implementable solutions
- Apply PM techniques and tools for better monitoring and control.
- 5 Important MUST KNOW tools, techniques and tips for effective project management
- When and How to Properly close and hand over the project
Immediate Impact: Practical Checklists and Worksheets
Perfect for new Project leads or experienced managers needing to bring the Project Management Know-How up to date. Senior officers, HOD, Country heads and members of self-directed teams, cross-functional workgroups and newly-formed project teams will also benefit tremendously from this workshop.
“Straight to the point and comprehensive in his training. There are lots of discussions and room for clarifications with Andrew and with fellow participants to understand topics and learn how to apply the knowledge in the workplace.”
“Andrew always uses a lot of real life examples to put across the key concepts.”
“The trainer Andrew has many life experiences to share related to the training and kept his teaching very interesting and memorable.”
- Overall Introduction: What is Project Management?
- Areas of management/focus:
◦ Time◦ Money◦ People◦ Complexity◦ Others
- Preliminary: what do you want to achieve?
- Various Analytical Tools to avoid project surprises & ensure smooth implementation
◦ Introduction to Project Risk Management (Tool 1)
◦ How to identify Risks (with workshop)
◦ The 4 Steps to Project Risk Management
◦ Workshop: Cases for Risk Management
- Project Management Methodologies
◦ Preliminaries: Gantt Chart (Tool 2), Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) Tool 3
◦ Critical Path Method (CPM) Tool 4
◦ Case and application
- Communication: windows of opportunities and pitfalls
- Get Your Act Together: Review of mechanisms for project management
Who Will Benefit Most
- Managers, supervisors and business executives who are constantly working under a fast paced and changing environment
- Senior government officers, HR Professionals. Consultants and Leaders who are involved in people management
Personal and Organisational Effectiveness Master Trainer: Andrew Cheah
Andrew Cheah has been a trainer and management consultant since 1991, specialising in the areas of performance management, productivity improvement, behavioural change and leadership. Andrew has trained clients from diverse industries such as in banking, insurance, hospitality, sales and distribution, manufacturing, food, property development, government/public services, and higher education. Being tri-lingual (English, Mandarin, and Malay Languages), Andrew has extensive regional exposure in Singapore, United Arab Emirates, Malaysia, China, Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam. In addition to training, Andrew has guided and provided consulting services to clients, leading to one of them winning the prestigious Malaysian National Productivity Award presented by the previous Malaysian Prime Minister, Tun Dr. Mahathir.
Andrew has also been invited to speak in events such as International Conference on Best Practices, which was graced by senior officials from the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI), sharing the stage with Professor Michael Gregory of the University of Cambridge, Mr Dieter Heyl (2007 Vice President of Mercedes Benz Malaysia), and Dr Marcus Chao, President of Lean China Enterprise Inc.
Andrew has an MBA degree qualification with the University of Portsmouth, UK. At the professional level, Andrew has a certificate in Blue Ocean Leadership Masterclass, as well as Leading Dimensions Profiling Trainer Certification (LDP certified). In addition to being a qualified ISO9000 assessor, his experience in international consultancy has also earned him a membership with the Association of Productivity Specialist in New York.