Professional Certification in Digital Storytelling
Spread Your Brand through Storytelling in the Digital Age
A Practical Hands-on Workshop
In this Powerful 2 day hands-on workshop, Digital Storytelling Pioneer, Ms Angeline Koh delivers a road map on how you can create compelling stories for your social media like Facebook and YouTube. Grow your business and strengthen your brand by leveraging photos, videos, Infographics, presentations, and other rich media.
You will be challenged to be a better storyteller and tell a better story. Unlock the art and science of telling personal and corporate brand stories by creating a digital story (video). Wield the potency of storytelling to win the hearts of your stakeholders, potential and loyal clients.
Key Takeaway | Learn Powerful Tools to Captivate and Engage Your Audiences Across Multiple Platforms
Our goal is to assist you in designing and producing a short digital story by crafting first-person narratives, collect images, video, and music to illustrate your stories with guidance and support from the trainer.
- Gain critical insights on how to write a compelling story. Turn your written script into a multimedia experience
- Story Circle Group Discussions, Script Writing and Feedback, with Facilitator Guidance by deepening your convictions on why stories matter
- Identify your unique brand story- who you are and what you are about
- Unlock 8 Must-Know How-to’s of Digital storytelling by creating a digital story (video)
- Entry and Intermediate level video production
- Showcase a digital story that you can use on your social media or during your presentations
Your Ultimate Guide to Interactive Storytelling:
Multi-sensory methodologies include lecture, hands-on exercises, multimedia showcase, group discussions, quizzes, presentations and feedback.
1. Self – Identify your unique brand story – who you are and what you are about
2. Stakeholders – Learn to effectively communicate with your audience
3. Story Craft and Production – what make a great digital story including:
a. Learn to write a script, visualise and storyboard your narrative
b. Learn to communicate to your stakeholders through appropriate images, music voice, text, and sound in the production of your story
c. Learn how to narrate and record your voice-over using appropriate stress, rhythm, pauses, tone and silence, to present your story
4. Story Circle – Learn from fellow storytellers – group discussion, sharing and feedback
5. Software – Learn free online audio and video editing software
6. Showcase – Celebrating your stories
Who Should Attend?
- Marketing, Sales and PR Professionals
- Lecturers/Teachers who wish to use videos in their course delivery
- Charity Organizations
- Digital and Social Media Specialists
- Entrepreneurs, Business Owners and Leaders
- Educators, Learning and Department heads, Managers, Supervisors
- HR Specialists
- Training Management
- Anyone who is interested in the use of storytelling in organisations
I’ve been making full length films and documentaries for many years. We use professional equipment and a big team of people. The technical aspects of filmmaking is not new to me but what I really surprised me was how a short video using most basic tools can tell a story so powerfully that it can move hearts. Storytelling and filmmaking in the hands of everyone. – Nay Win Tun, Video Editor
The great brands in the world today have great stories behind them. Through the digital storytelling workshop, Angeline Koh was able to help us draw out what we really stand for to energise our brands. – Christopher Tan, Consultant
This workshop opened my mind that storytelling is powerful and I think I can make a good and powerful one someday. I am very touched when Angeline Koh played her video of Mr. Lee Kuan Yew. I found more ways to motivate people and story- telling is one of them. – Mario Samantha, Multimedia and Video Producer
Making this digital story (Cambodian boy from the orphanage has reminded me of the children I got to know at the orphanage. It makes me want to do more for them, but at the same time, I feel a sense of helplessness towards the plight of the many others out there. On a professional note, I see great potential in this tool, especially for giving a voice to the voices that are often less/unheard in society – Christine Poon, Educator
Makes me excited to share with other people because I can tell a story in a fun way, instead of just speaking. Knowing that this method is really effective in many ways to draw attention from people and get them to know and involve better in the story. Especially when the story has some message to the listener / audience. – Hana Vanessa, Elementary School Tutor
Digital Storytelling workshop has great potential for team bonding in small groups. – Delia Foo, Curriculum Developer, Educator
This is an excellent course with hands-on learning. Digital storytelling is a great medium to use to reach out to the masses online in the most efficient way . You can create content to inspire, excite or even intrigue your target audiences without hav- ing to spend hundreds of dollars on marketing collaterals. – Tammy Leow, Animator
Pioneer of Digital Storytelling in Singapore - Ms Angeline Koh
Angeline Koh is the founder and principal storytelling coach of Tyros Pte Ltd (formerly Digital Storytelling Asia). Passionate about Storytelling, Angeline was the first Asian invited to give the key- note address at the premier annual International Festival of Digital Storytelling (DS) 2011 organised by the Arts Centre, Aberystwyth University and supported by the Arts Council of Wales, National Assembly of Wales and the BBC.
She spoke on Digital Storytelling in Multi-Cultural Singapore. Telling the Singapore Story, an article she wrote for the Today papers in response to Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong’s speech at the launch of HeritageFest was quoted by the Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong in his National Day Rally speech who emphasised the need to capture stories. Angeline’s stories were published in the Today papers, The New Paper, and Chicken Soup for the Singapore Soul.