Professional Certificate in Counselling and Psychotherapy (LIVE Stream)
Psychotherapy is a general term for interpersonal and relational intervention of treating emotional disorders by engaging clients to vocalize their condition and related issue. Psychotherapy, or talk therapy, is an effective way to help people with a broad variety of emotional difficulties. Psychotherapy aims to help a person change behavior and overcome problems in a desirable way by employing a range of techniques focusing on experiential relationship building, communication and behaviour modification. This often includes alleviation of distress, an increase in individual sense of well-being and reduction of subjective discomforting experiences. All these are designed to improve the mental health of a client, or to improve group relationships.
2 Day Professional Certificate in Psychotherapy & Counseling
Based on a rich understanding of the complexities of human behavior, this workshop offers a deep insight into why we think and act the way we do, and how to empower people to act differently. It will also demonstrate the fundamental framework of counselling and psychotherapy and enhance students thinking process of changing human behavior through various psychotherapeutic intervention frameworks. You will gain a basic understanding of the theoretical underpinnings, guiding principles/concepts, interventional strategies as well as the limitations of each of these frameworks. You will learn the fundamental theories and skills of counselling. You will also be introduced to the various components of counselling such as questioning and responding skills.You will also understand the professionalism and ethical principles of being a therapist.
- Introduction to Basic Counselling Skills
- Theories & Application of Cognitive Therapy
- Apply Psychotherapy & Counselling techniques in your leadership.
- Get introduced to the theories of psychotherapy & counselling to improve relationships.
- Gain insight into why we think and act the way we do, and how to empower people to act differently Understand the collaborative nature of the therapist-client relationship
- use various therapeutic processes and models to further illustrate its approaches.
- be exposed to the concepts and principles of different interpersonal styles, beliefs, values and counselling process
- Comprehend the key concepts of helping profession and its processes.
- Apply the counselling techniques using various therapies and approaches
- Develop greater awareness of self and others in mental health settings.
- Explore the roles and functions in the applications of ethical and legal considerations.
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy: Bringing it together
- Application of CBT on Depression & Anxiety
- Realised your fullest potential, unleash the new you
Who Should Attend?
The Professional Certification is designed for executives and professionals
- Human Resource managers & executives
- Marketing, Business Development, International Managers & Supervisors
- Trainers, Coaches, Educators
Integrative Learning Approach
By familiarizing with the theories and techniques through case studies, class discussions and class activities, you will gain a better understanding the needed skills in a counselling practice whether it is in the context of therapy, of education, or of the business world. Much of your learning will be by a process of reflection on the experience of skills practiced and the use of demonstration, observation, self, peer and tutor feedback as well as a more traditional academic study.
Founder of Mind Culture and Co-founder of Thrive Psychology Clinic
Jeslyn is the Immediate Past President of Association of Psychotherapists and Counsellors Singapore (APACS). As a psychologist and a hypnotherapist, Jeslyn took charge of assessments and programmes, individual behavioural plan (IBP) development, clinical supervision and clinical meetings with parents. With experience in behavioural and language intervention (trained in ABLLS™‐R, ABA & VB techniques/ physiology) and alongside with hypnotherapeutic work, she is National Guild of Hypnotists (NGH) Certified with an Advanced Certification In 5-PATH®, as well as a 7th PATH Self-Hypnosis Teacher.
Jeslyn works closely with clients in achieving individualised learning goals progressively. Apart from her work experience in the social service industry, she spent years in the private sectors in management level, ensuring employees’ well-being by performing conflict resolution, and providing counselling services. This further fortified her skills in dealing with clients regarding matters of safety, crisis, and restorative management. She developed therapeutic interventions to promote motivation and heighten work morale as well as work ethics. Additionally, Jeslyn is experienced in the medical sector as a senior surgical operating assistant, dealing with patients and cases that included financial hardship, phobias, and socio-emotional needs.
Master of Education (Developmental Psychology),
BA Applied Psychology and Organisational Psychology,
Advanced Certification in 5-PATH Hypnotherapy,
Certified 7-PATH Self-Hypnosis Teacher,
Certified Integral Eye Movement Therapy Practitioner,
Registered Practitioner & Supervisor (APACS),
Advanced Certification in Training and Assessment (ACTA),
Therapeutic Art Life Coach Certification (Accredited