Effective Presentation Skills: Engage Your Audience with NLP Strategies
For close to 45 years, Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) has been proven as a consolidated system of the art and science of human excellence for success, helping countless individuals reach new heights in their personal and professional lives. Considering both the conscious and sub-conscious decision-making processes as well as the inner neurological motivations of people, the use of NLP techniques and strategies in business presentations have been proven to help presenters engage and connect with their audience more easily, thereby influencing them. Throughout this fun and enriching course, discover how great presenters like the late Apple founder Steve Jobs are able to turn even a seemingly boring technical presentation into an interesting and awe-inspiring one. Learn how you could finally overcome your nerves during presentations and become a more confident and competent presenter. Discover the insider tips and tricks of becoming a great presenter today!
- Uncover the impact of NLP strategies to overcome fear in public speaking.
- built rapport effortlessly to win the trust of the audiences.
- decode audiences “Thinking Styles”
- Use specific words to connect with the 4 major kinds of audiences.
- Use metaphor to deeply influence your audiences.
- control your tone, speed and loudness
- deal with difficult situation/ questions from the audience
- Creating a credible platform presence
- Important grooming strategies as a presenter
- Creating a lasting impression on stage (dos and don’ts)
- Understanding the environment before conducting a talk
- Understanding what is NLP.
- Sharing the break down of each segment of N.L.P (Neuro Linguistic Programming)
- How to use the language of the mind consistently to achieve a specific desired outcome
- Using NLP to help you to be a confident presenter. (Fear of public speaking is known as Glossophobia)
- 75% of people fear of public speaking and suffer form a speech anxiety
- Learners will be lead through a series of strategies using visualisation & breathing techniques
- Uncover the 4 “Bridges” to the audiences.
- Learners will go through a practical activity covering – Stance, voice-tone, speed & loudness.
- Eye contact management, using hand gestures, specific word/questions to help and guide participants
- Decode “Thinking Styles” of your audiences by analyzing their representational system
- Helps you discover information that you can use to build common ground between you and the members of your audience.
- VAK – Visual, Auditory, Kinesthetic
- 4 most effective tactics to pacing and leading your audiences
- Verbally & non-verbally
- Build rapport professionally
- 5 types of supporting ideas as a presenter to bring yourself credibility
- (Activity for learner after learning the 5 ideas, they are to pick one to present)
- The art of influencing and persuasion using NLP for Q&A
- Helping your audience achieve their outcome/goal during the program.
- Meta Model; the goal is not to find the “right” answers, but rather to ask better questions
- Help widen the mind to finding the right answers and using Milton model
- Getting your crowd in the “Yes!” mode
- How to end your presentation with a bang. (Ending a speech with a call to action, inspirational quote, story or humour)
Catherine is a trained Image Consultant, ICF Certified Coach and NLP Practitioner. Dedicated to high-quality standards and customer care, Catherine tailors her programs and services according to the needs of clients, which include small-medium businesses, large corporations, government and educational institutes, and individuals from all walks of life. With her passion to inspire and empower, participants in her seminars and workshops always find themselves engaged in the process with her warm and approachable style.
Above of that, she continues to make a commitment to advancing her professional development by being an active member of the Association of Image Consultants International (AICI), the leading and largest professional association of personal and corporate image consultants worldwide. Her strong belief to support high international standards of professionalism for image consultants led her to serve as the AICI Chair of Certified Image Consultants (2011-2013), where she is responsible for the review and approval of the applications for certification. She is also currently the President of AICI Singapore Chapter (2017-2019).
Catherine holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics and Statistics and a Master of Arts degree in Applied Economics from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA. Highly proficient in the Mandarin language, Catherine also holds a Diploma in Business Chinese from the Singapore Chinese Chamber Institute of Business. Her business education has served Catherine well: It has given her a keen understanding of Chinese business practices and provided her with the essential skills to handle commerce and trade transactions in the ever-dynamic Chinese business community.
Catherine’s business acumen was further honed by her exposure to a vast spectrum of branding and marketing initiatives in the arenas of manufacturing, banking, management consulting, event planning and market research. Catherine’s market research experience is extensive. During her career as a research consultant, she was deeply involved in multiple qualitative and quantitative research projects: in-depth interviews, focus groups, mystery shopping, street intercepts, among others. She was likewise engaged in all phases of management for many projects, from research design, fieldwork supervision and data processing to data analysis and survey findings reports.