2-Day Positive Psychology Coaching and Mentoring Masterclass For Managers and Leaders
Positive Psychology Coaching and Mentoring aims to provide you with a comprehensive overview of how you can apply positive psychology coaching at work, bringing together the best of science and practice, highlighting current research, and emphasising the applicability of each element to coaching in a challenging and rapidly evolving work environment. With international exposure and years of practical experience, let Dr Fong equip you with the skills to integrate positive psychology to enhance your leadership and management skills.
2 Day Positive Psychology Coaching and Mentoring Masterclass
Coaching, Counselling and Mentoring are integral parts to today’s “learning” organisations and are three of the most effective skills a manager needs to boost team effectiveness, raise morale and increase productivity.
Positive Psychology Coaching is a psychology-based process for enhancing well-being and performance in personal, professional and other life domains. This is becoming an increasingly popular way to unlock potential and maximize performance. Individuals and organisations, private businesses and non-profit institutions are just a few of those seeking the benefits of coaching’s uniquely client-driven model for positive growth.
Coaching is often used as a tool for achieving goals, honing skills, increasing satisfaction, enhancing relationships, boosting creativity, improving problem-solving and attaining other highly-desired outcomes central to well-being. In short, positive psychology is the scientific study of the strengths and virtues that enable individuals and communities to thrive. It is a rich and growing field aligned perfectly with coaching.
This insightful 2-Day Positive Psychology Coaching and Mentoring Masterclass aims to equip you with the skills, toolkits and mindset for you to coach, counsel or mentor your direct reports.
In this workshop, you will learn what makes psychology-based coaching approaches uniquely effective in striving towards well-being and success. You will cultivate core coaching skills so that you can reap benefits in many dimensions of life, especially at the workplace and home.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to;
- Apply coaching and mentoring skills to enhance the performance of the team.
- Understanding Values: Positive Coaching &Mentoring through alues
- Operationalizing the W.H.A.T. Model developed by Dr Christopher Fong
- Understanding the P.O.S.I.T.I.V.E. aspects of measuring Coaching & Mentoring
- A Systemic Perspective Approach to Problem Solving
- Aligning to Values for greater success and sustainability
- Use appropriate feedback techniques to provide feedback on progress and performance.
- Identify underlying causes of conflict in interpersonal relationships.
- Render help to those involved in conflicts to identify mutually beneficial solutions
Who Should Attend?
Positive Psychology Coaching and Mentoring is essential for
- Human Resource Professionals working in Employee Engagement and Learning & Development.
- Managers, Business leaders, Head-of-Department seeking to enhance their coaching and mentoring skills with a scientifically-proven, evidence-based coaching practice.
- Team leaders, Supervisors, Managers and Mentors who need to be workplace coaches to help their workplace team members to reach their fullest potential and be the best they can be.
- Academics, Trainers and Coaches
Edwin is the Learning Strategist and founder of 5hue, a learning and organizational development consultancy practice. He has over 25 years of experiences in law enforcement, information and communication technology as well as human and organizational development in Singapore and in the region.
Prior to founding 5hue, Edwin helmed leadership positions in leading training and consultancy firms in Singapore. His passion lies in designing effective and customized learning interventions to help organizations to change and transform. Hundreds of organizations have benefited from his insights in delivering practical, “do-able”, simple and yet impactful interventions, especially in the areas of Leadership, Communication, Teamwork, Organizational Change, Sales and Service Improvement.
Using tools like Workplace Big 5, MBTI, DISC and 360 reports, Edwin has been actively involved in assessing and coaching leaders from different industries, including government, technology, education services as well as luxury retail sectors. His philosophy of using supportive questioning-techniques has helped many of his coachees benefit from the reflective and insightful dialogues.
Edwin adopts a candid, interactive and reflective approach in the classroom where individuals are encouraged to discover their strengths to make quantum leap in their performance. For training to deliver results, Edwin believes training must focus on the needs of the organization and be connected with the people who are being trained. Simply put, he sees his role as helping to prepare people for new roles, redesign established practices and drive company change and culture. Edwin has also been spending his time training in the region and sharing his experiences and knowledge with participants from China, Malaysia, Germany, Thailand and Vietnam.
A winner of the Leonard Nadler Award for his outstanding leadership, scholarship and service by the George Washington University, Edwin holds a Master of Human Development & Leadership (GWU), a Bachelor of Business (Marketing) and Graduate Diploma in Applied Positive Psychology.
Edwin is certified in the following:
– Workplace Big Five 4.0
– MBTI® Step I & Step II Personality Profiling Practitioner
– DISC Certified Advanced Behavioral Analyst
– Action Learning Coach with World Institute for Action Learning
– Six Sigma Green Belt practitioner
– Associate Facilitator Consultant with Korn Ferry
– Trainer and assessor under the Workforce Skills Qualification framework
“Chris is knowledgeable, entertaining, authentic, ‘challenge’ you to think. Good food for thought, enjoyable sessions!” Lorna, Senior Social Worker at Kampong Kapor Community Services
“The trainer has extensive knowledge and is able to engage the audience. The course has given me new perspectives and elements in looking at coaching process.” Kelli, Senior Manager at NLB
“Thanks Dr Fong for helping me to learn new perspectives of coaching and unlearned some of assumptions which I have made and I will apply some of the tools and strategies in my work differently!” Fui Long, Senior Lecturer at Republic Polytechnic
“His facilitation style is very dynamic and is able to capture the attention of the class.” Francis, Programme Chair (Diploma in Aerospace Engineering) at Republic Polytechnic
“Christopher was engaging, dynamic and full of knowledge and communicated the content in a fun, easy to understand manner. I would definitely recommend the course as it was helpful as a coach to gain insights again on making clients think about choices they make.” Shireena, Sheens Image Consulting
This course consists of 2 Days that focuses on equipping participants with both the theory and application of positive psychology coaching at work.
Coaching to Clarify Expectations
• How to encourage everyone in the organization to take responsibility for clarifying expectations.
• How to communicate your expectations clearly and specifically.
• How to listen to others and negotiate a fair set of expectations with them.
Positive Coaching to Build Skills
• How to avoid mistakes that coaches make when attempting to build skills.
• How to use a four-step technique for building a particular skill
• How to explain tasks simply and clearly.
• How to demonstrate a task and have the employee practice it.
• How to provide feedback on the employee’s progress.
Positive Coaching to Enhance Confidence
• How to identify if a person has a low level of confidence.
• How to build someone’s confidence using positive coaching techniques.
• How to challenge a person’s negative self-perceptions.
• How to offer concrete help.
Positive Coaching to Encourage Flexibility
• How to understand and respond appropriately to people’s psychological reactions to change.
• How to explore concerns that people may have about change.
• How to help someone alter their negative perceptions about a change.
• How to understand the importance of flexibility.
Positive Coaching to Resolve Conflict
• How to avoid the wasted time and effort caused by conflict
• How to break a conflict spiral
• How to gain cooperation and commitment
• How to generate creative solutions that result in mutual satisfaction.
Positive Coaching to Develop Motivation
• How to tell if someone is suffering from poor motivation
• How to avoid the most common mistake people make when trying to motivate someone else.
• How to coach someone to take responsibilities for motivating themselves.
Positive Mentoring Skills
• Seven types of Mentors assistance
• Growth influences
• Shifting context
• Envisioning outcomes
• Productive confrontation
Special Mentoring Situations
• New areas for mentoring
• Identifying special issues
• Cross-gender mentoring
• Cross-cultural mentoring
• Mentoring by a Supervisor or Manager