2-Day Positive Psychology Coaching and Mentoring Masterclass For Managers and Leaders
Positive Psychology Coaching and Mentoring aims to provide you with a comprehensive overview of how you can apply positive psychology coaching at work, bringing together the best of science and practice, highlighting current research, and emphasising the applicability of each element to coaching in a challenging and rapidly evolving work environment. With international exposure and years of practical experience, let Dr Fong equip you with the skills to integrate positive psychology to enhance your leadership and management skills.
2 Day Positive Psychology Coaching and Mentoring Masterclass
Coaching, Counselling and Mentoring are integral parts to today’s “learning” organisations and are three of the most effective skills a manager needs to boost team effectiveness, raise morale and increase productivity.
Positive Psychology Coaching is a psychology-based process for enhancing well-being and performance in personal, professional and other life domains. This is becoming an increasingly popular way to unlock potential and maximize performance. Individuals and organisations, private businesses and non-profit institutions are just a few of those seeking the benefits of coaching’s uniquely client-driven model for positive growth.
Coaching is often used as a tool for achieving goals, honing skills, increasing satisfaction, enhancing relationships, boosting creativity, improving problem-solving and attaining other highly-desired outcomes central to well-being. In short, positive psychology is the scientific study of the strengths and virtues that enable individuals and communities to thrive. It is a rich and growing field aligned perfectly with coaching.
This insightful 2-Day Positive Psychology Coaching and Mentoring Masterclass aims to equip you with the skills, toolkits and mindset for you to coach, counsel or mentor your direct reports.
In this workshop, you will learn what makes psychology-based coaching approaches uniquely effective in striving towards well-being and success. You will cultivate core coaching skills so that you can reap benefits in many dimensions of life, especially at the workplace and home.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to;
- Apply coaching and mentoring skills to enhance the performance of the team.
- Understanding Values: Positive Coaching &Mentoring through alues
- Operationalizing the W.H.A.T. Model developed by Dr Christopher Fong
- Understanding the P.O.S.I.T.I.V.E. aspects of measuring Coaching & Mentoring
- A Systemic Perspective Approach to Problem Solving
- Aligning to Values for greater success and sustainability
- Use appropriate feedback techniques to provide feedback on progress and performance.
- Identify underlying causes of conflict in interpersonal relationships.
- Render help to those involved in conflicts to identify mutually beneficial solutions
Who Should Attend?
Positive Psychology Coaching and Mentoring is essential for
- Human Resource Professionals working in Employee Engagement and Learning & Development.
- Managers, Business leaders, Head-of-Department seeking to enhance their coaching and mentoring skills with a scientifically-proven, evidence-based coaching practice.
- Team leaders, Supervisors, Managers and Mentors who need to be workplace coaches to help their workplace team members to reach their fullest potential and be the best they can be.
- Academics, Trainers and Coaches
Dr. Christopher Fong
Chris has a distinguished career in strategic leadership and coaching that spans over 2 decades. He was appointed National Fellow to the Singapore Ministry of Social and Family and advised the total capability framework of the social service professionals to include mentoring sector leaders and those in the leadership pipeline. In addition, he was the Principal Researcher for the nationwide study on fathers at the workplace. His findings have impacted government and business organisations to review their current pro-family and work-life friendly policies. He has also trained sector leaders in multicultural issues in cross-cultural marriages and clinical case formulations from a multicultural perspective. He earned his Doctorate Degree in Professional Studies(Practice Research) in 2015 and is also a member of the prestigious American Psychological Association (APA).
As a strong advocator for practice-based research, Chris contributes actively by speaking at international conferences and is a thought leader on multicultural and diversity issues and its impact across organisational matrix and businesses. His evidence-based framework that measures culture has since been published and taught across various universities. As an international award-winning orchestra conductor turned psychologist, Chris brings a wealth of knowledge and experience from the concert hall to the corporate boardroom.
“Chris is knowledgeable, entertaining, authentic, ‘challenge’ you to think. Good food for thought, enjoyable sessions!” Lorna, Senior Social Worker at Kampong Kapor Community Services
“The trainer has extensive knowledge and is able to engage the audience. The course has given me new perspectives and elements in looking at coaching process.” Kelli, Senior Manager at NLB
“Thanks Dr Fong for helping me to learn new perspectives of coaching and unlearned some of assumptions which I have made and I will apply some of the tools and strategies in my work differently!” Fui Long, Senior Lecturer at Republic Polytechnic
“His facilitation style is very dynamic and is able to capture the attention of the class.” Francis, Programme Chair (Diploma in Aerospace Engineering) at Republic Polytechnic
“Christopher was engaging, dynamic and full of knowledge and communicated the content in a fun, easy to understand manner. I would definitely recommend the course as it was helpful as a coach to gain insights again on making clients think about choices they make.” Shireena, Sheens Image Consulting
This course consists of 2 Days that focuses on equipping participants with both the theory and application of positive psychology coaching at work.
Coaching to Clarify Expectations
• How to encourage everyone in the organization to take responsibility for clarifying expectations.
• How to communicate your expectations clearly and specifically.
• How to listen to others and negotiate a fair set of expectations with them.
Positive Coaching to Build Skills
• How to avoid mistakes that coaches make when attempting to build skills.
• How to use a four-step technique for building a particular skill
• How to explain tasks simply and clearly.
• How to demonstrate a task and have the employee practice it.
• How to provide feedback on the employee’s progress.
Positive Coaching to Enhance Confidence
• How to identify if a person has a low level of confidence.
• How to build someone’s confidence using positive coaching techniques.
• How to challenge a person’s negative self-perceptions.
• How to offer concrete help.
Positive Coaching to Encourage Flexibility
• How to understand and respond appropriately to people’s psychological reactions to change.
• How to explore concerns that people may have about change.
• How to help someone alter their negative perceptions about a change.
• How to understand the importance of flexibility.
Positive Coaching to Resolve Conflict
• How to avoid the wasted time and effort caused by conflict
• How to break a conflict spiral
• How to gain cooperation and commitment
• How to generate creative solutions that result in mutual satisfaction.
Positive Coaching to Develop Motivation
• How to tell if someone is suffering from poor motivation
• How to avoid the most common mistake people make when trying to motivate someone else.
• How to coach someone to take responsibilities for motivating themselves.
Positive Mentoring Skills
• Seven types of Mentors assistance
• Growth influences
• Shifting context
• Envisioning outcomes
• Productive confrontation
Special Mentoring Situations
• New areas for mentoring
• Identifying special issues
• Cross-gender mentoring
• Cross-cultural mentoring
• Mentoring by a Supervisor or Manager