Leading Organizational Change Management with Appreciative Inquiry (LIVE Stream)
Appreciative Inquiry (AI) has been used globally by public and private organizations of all sizes, and is particularly valuable as a tool to be applied in organizational change management. AI has been widely adopted for other uses including to address sales growth at Merck; to improve customer service at British Airways; to pursue sustainable value creation with Wal-Mart; to develop leadership in the United States Navy; to redesign organizational divisions at World Vision; and to improve cost, quality and cycle time at John Deere.
What sets Appreciative Inquiry apart from other change management strategies?
While many traditional methods begin by focusing on pitfalls and problems, Appreciative Inquiry guides people to explore strengths and successes that already exist, both internally and externally. This positive approach leads to extraordinary performance by reinforcing relationships and culture, creating common vision and direction, promoting learning and innovation, and energizing collective action.
This change management training focuses on equipping leaders with the strategies to lead their teams and organizations with change once it’s been decided and/or announced. It helps develop and overview of the process of change. Using Appreciative Inquiry (AI) as the main tool, the process looks at change at all levels: personal, group and organizational and environmental. AI helps employees through the various stages of change.
Key Takeaways - A Practical Guide to Positive Change
In this ground breaking 1 day course, look forward to being equipped to learn:
- How to use Appreciative Inquiry to build the kind of team or organization you’ve always wanted
- Lead change in a way that reduces or eliminates resistance and generates positive energy
- How to ask affirmative, focused questions that are central to the success of the organization
- Engage individuals, teams and entire organization in creating change by reinforcing positive messages an learning from success
- Develop followers, strengthen teamwork, solve issues and resolve conflicts
- Uncover and bring forth existing strengths to identify and amplify the positive core of the organization
- Transcend Communication barriers and enhance cooperation and trust in the organization
- Encourage learning, risktaking and growth at personal, team and organizational level.
- Enhance productivity and a willingness to take on deeper and broader levels of change
WHAT IS CHANGE
- The Changes that Affect Organizations
- Qualities of Leaders as Change Agents
- Roles in Organizational Change
USING KURT LEWIN’S CHANGE FRAMEWORK
- Unfreezing stage – create the right environment
- Changing stage – support change to desired state
- Refreezing stage – reinforce to anchor the change
UNFREEZING STAGE – CREATE THE RIGHT ENVIRONMENT
- The Current State – familiar and comfortable
- Why Change Falls or Succeeds
- Appreciative Inquiry as a Change Tool
- What is Appreciative Inquiry
- Using Appreciative Inquiry – Organization has Solutions
- Introducing the 5-D Principles of Appreciative Inquiry
CHANGING STAGE – SUPPORT CHANGE TO DESIRED STATE
- Applying the 5-D Cycle of Appreciative Inquiry
- Why People Resist Change
- Manage Doubts and Concerns
- Lead the Vision and Drive for Change
- The Inquiry Interview
REFREEZING STAGE – REINFORCE TO ANCHOR THE CHANGE
- The Force-Field Analysis: Motivating Forces v Resisting Forces
- New Roles, Responsibilities and Relationships
- Principles of a Positive Revolution – A New Beginning
- Moving Forward Conditions for Success
MY PERSONAL CONTRACT
- Making that Commitment to Myself
- I will start doing
- I will stop doing
- I will continue doing
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is designed specifically for leaders undergoing change and transitions within the organization, who wish to gain strategic insights on how to lead organizational change management using Appreciative Inquiry as a starting point to introduce positive changes within the organization.
Meet the Industry Expert: Mike PA Tan
Michael P A Tan (or Mike) has more than 20 years working experience in Administration and Human Resource Training & Development, and Training Consultancy.
He specializes in Personal Enrichment Programs and Organizational Development Courses. Michael’s client list includes Singapore’s SMEs, MNCs, the Singapore Civil Service departments and statutory bodies; the Service and Hospitality Sectors and the Manufacturing Industries from Singapore, ASEAN countries and government officials from Mongolia. All the participants are staff made up of Professionals, Managers, Executives and Technicians (PMETs).
He is endorsed for Extended DiSC, Emergenetics Certified Associate, MBTI® Qualified, the Relationship Awareness™ Theory Instruments, BigFive profile and a number of other licensed personality instruments.
Michael holds a Master of Arts degree in Tertiary, Adult & Continuing Education, University of Hull, UK. His other qualifications include Training, Organization & Methods (UK), Administrative Management and Transport (UK). He also has the Advanced Certificate in Training & Assessment (ACTA) issued by the Singapore Workforce Development Agency, (WDA), an Advanced Certificate in Teaching & Learning in Higher Education, issued jointly by the Singapore National Institute of Education, (NIE), NTU and SIM Global Education.