MANNERS© Power Networking Skills: From Shy to Shine
Brilliant Networking Skills Every Professional Need to Have
Awesome Tips on Meeting the Right People and Saying the Right Things Before, During and After a Networking Event
Does the sound of “networking” send a chill down your spine? Do you dread having the thought of having to make small talk with strangers you barely know? If you want to get rid of the fear, doubt and uncertainty around networking and start to turn it into a tool to help you broaden your contacts and widen your perspective, this workshop is for you.
In this workshop, you will learn tips and techniques on how to improve the quality of your social interaction and feel more confident in networking events.
Course Objectives: Network Your Way to Greater Success
With the interactive exercises and hands-on practice with professional feedback, it will help you retain learning better and become more skilful and effective in networking with people and achieve greater business results.
- Discover how to enter a room and approach individuals and small groups with confidence
- Demonstrate a sincere interest in others and attract them to want to know you
- Learn how to develop your memorable message of your personal brand
- Identify who you can and cannot do business with
- Know how to plan and structure your approach before and after a networking event
Workshop Outline: Become a Networking Pro with MANNERSÂ© Technique
- Awareness and reflection
- Gain awareness of your networking style through a simulated networking session
- Reflect on your success factors and challenges faced in business networking
- Introduction of MANNERSÂ© toolkit to network your way to greater success
- Eye contact
Tool 1: Manage â€“ your personal image
- Understand and apply the 3Vs Communication model to increase your impact towards others in a networking setting
- Learn grooming tips to create the business image you want
- Tool 2: Acknowledge
- Know the business protocol in introductions of people with different rankings and gender
- Apply the appropriate ways to address different ranking clients and stakeholders
- Learn the techniques to ensure all business personalities are acknowledged
- Tool 3: Network
- Learn the art of small talk to network effectively with others
- Be familiarized with name card exchange protocol: how to position your namecard
- Learn how to work the room without getting stuck with one person or group
- Know how to build up your emotional currency to attract others to send referrals and business your way
- Tool 4: Name â€“ how to remember names
- Create memory hooks for remembering names in business settings
- Learn techniques to recall names when you have forgotten them
- Tool 5: Eye â€“ contact
- Know how to vary eye contact across different genders, cultures and job positions
- Learn what to do if the other party keeps constant eye contact with you
- Tool 6: Rapport
- Realize the importance of the welcome smile that will disarm others
- Learn the True ColorsÂ© Personality Profiling tool to help you adjust your communication style to suit different personalities
- Know how to demonstrate positive body language and avoid negative body language which may project the wrong message
- Tool 7: Shake
- Discover what kind of hand shaker you are
- Leverage the power of a good handshake to leave a positive impression
- Learn the web-to-web handshake to demonstrate confidence and professionalism
Meet the Industry Expert: Ms Maxine Teo
Maxine Teo is a tri-lingual corporate trainer, facilitator and speaker with a passion for colourfully impacting and inspiring livesâ„¢ . With over 20 years of training experience working with diverse teams across Asia, Maxine has a knack of turning complicated concepts into practical applications. She is one of the most prolific trainers in Asia, having successfully completed more than 1000 days of trainings over 30 cities around the world.
Maxine is fluent in spoken and written English, Mandarin and Cantonese and she delivers her solutions in the three languages seamlessly to help her clients achieve their highest level of understanding.
Her clients have benefited from her cross-industry insights and sharing of best practices. She has many repeat clients including private banks like UBS, Credit Suisse, DBS, OCBC, UOB, Standard Chartered Bank, Bank of East Asia, Bank of China, Shanghai Pudong Bank, China Construction Bank, HSBC, Citibank; insurance companies like TaiKang Insurance, MSIG Insurance, Generali Insurance, NTUC Income; telco companies like MobileOne, Alcatel Lucent; motor car companies like BMW Asia; pharmaceutical and chemical companies like BASF, Menarini, Johnson Matthey, FMC, Abbot Laboratories; government institutions like Singapore Prisons, MINDEF, IE Singapore, WDA and retail giants like Philips and Courts.
Coming from many years of working in the financial services industry, Maxine shares her experience and knowledge in Relationship Management topics like Effective Communication, Cross Cultural Awareness, Managing Virtual teams, Business Etiquette, Advisory Sales (B2B & B2C), Negotiation Skills, Presentation Skills, Time and Stress Management and Customer Service Excellence. The skills she imparts are especially applicable to service and relationship-based industries like finance and banking, insurance, real estate and retail.
Maxine graduated with merit from National University of Singapore with a Bachelor of Business Administration. She holds a Professional Diploma in Training & Development, a Professional Certificate in Designing & Facilitating Experiential Learning and accreditations in various psychometric tools like True ColorsÂ© and DISC behaviour profiling.
A renowned local training institution has awarded Maxine with the coveted title of “Trainer of the Year” for two years in a row in 2013 and 2014, and the “Star Trainer 2015” award in recognition for her excellent work delivered to its corporate clients. What further sets her apart from most trainers in the industry is her ability to connect with her audience instantly with her authenticity and personal energetic style.