Managing Stress and Mental Wellness at Work (LIVE Stream)
Employee wellness programs are no longer a novelty as positive workplaces are a strong contributor to organizational well-being, providing opportunities for staff members to achieve their best in a stress-free and conducive environment. Learn that you need not be stressed out to achieve success, but rather you can be happy and productive at the same time, by having a sense of purpose, wisdom and positive relationships. Creating such positive environment enable companies to increase profits, staff satisfaction and reduce staff turnover.
- Understand how stress affects your health and work performance;
- Know how to develop your skills to overcome stress;
- Know how to manage your emotions;
- Learning from the best of Ancient Chinese Philosophies in the modern behavioral sciences, sayings of the successful people, to give you the meaning of life and the wisdom to live life to the fullest without regrets;
- Discovering your purpose and values of life to live a balanced life;
- Discovering your talents and traits and choose to work where your abilities become strengths and enable you to work with passion instead of stress;
- Know how to develop healthy relationships;
- Guidelines to develop a secured and happy environment for the staff.
- A simple weekly programme for a happy and stress-resilient life.
Key Topics Covered in This Session
- Stress, Health and Workplace Productivity:
Understand the sources of your stress. Discover how your body and mind work according to the latest medical and life sciences. Know how stress causes sickness and how your thoughts affect your health using the Multi-Brain Whole-Man Model to achieve good health and productivity.
- Achieving Work-Life Balance:
Learn from the successful entrepreneurs from work-life balance to work-life design. Discover your purpose, values and valuables of life to prioritise according to your different stages of life. Learn from Stephen Covey’s eighth habit of discovering your voice and helping others discover their own voices, as well as the Ancient Chinese Philosophies of Change, I-Ching, for achieving abundance without disasters.
- Discovering and Developing Your Character:
Identify your personality traits based on DISC or MBTI and Natural Talents such as StrengthFinders to develop your strengths and outsource your weakness to achieve your life purpose. Know Stephen Covey’s seven habits of highly effective people and Confucious’ Great Learning to rule outwards from developing inward strengths.
- Extending Wellness into Your Workplace:
Learn how to create great and lasting companies from the Soft Edge of Rich Karlgaard and the wisdom of Jim Collins. Know the secrets of the ‘Best Companies to Work For’. Get fully engaged staff members with Confucius’ management style. Know and match the right people for the right jobs with Wen Zi to gain effectiveness and happiness.
- Effortless and Effective Leadership:
Learn the wisdom from Lao Zi in attaining greatness, transparent leadership, the simple steps for success to achieve self-directed and self-managed organisation of happy people. Know the winning strategic mindset of Sun Tzu’s Art of War to maximise gains at minimum risks, as well as a balanced love and discipline. It is the future of management, right now.
- Using Mindfulness Practices to Leverage Stress to Success.
Mindfulness Practices from Ancient Chinese Philosophies and Modern Western Positive Psychologies are integrated to enable you to transform stress to passion for growth and character development. You can be more aware of your feeling, thinking which enable you to transform them to achieve better behaviour.
Who Must Attend?
This highly practical workshop equips participants with the best wisdom from the East and West to achieve purpose, happiness and a fulfilled life without any regrets. This workshop is specially designed with the following groups of working professionals in mind:
- Those who regularly need to deal with tight deadlines and changes at work;
- Managers, heads of departments, business heads seeking to enhance team performance and their leadership skills;
- Working professionals working in high stress routines and environments seeking work-life balance;
- Consultants, coaches and trainers whom are interested to expand their knowledge and learning in workplace wellness;
- Those responsible for teams who are looking to develop techniques to manage stress effectively;
- Anyone who wants to improve their personal and workplace productivity.
“It is pretty rare to find the courses that he teaches offered elsewhere with other trainers in Singapore or even in the world. The key to maximum engagement in the class is the way you teach – being a subject expert and being open to other people’s opinions – Lim Liat is definitely both. All levels of working professionals in any industry will benefit from his courses.” – Caroline Tracy Lee, Manager for Strategic Planning and Policy, AIA
“I am not a Chinese and was thinking that I may have trouble understanding Lim Liat’s courses because his professional background and interest are towards Chinese management philosophies but this is not true. He is effectively bilingual with experience in many industries. Most courses out there are pretty general and do not apply to your work or life so you walk away retaining no new information in the long term but not courses by Lim Liat.” – Muhammad Khairul, Staff Officer for Singapore Customs
“This is the type of course that I feel does not only focus on business outcomes, but also on personal outcomes. My time was well-spent indeed. Lim Liat’s courses are suitable for everyone, and I will also ask my staff members to join me for other courses.” – Emma Wai, Senior Assistant Director for Corporate Development and Administration, Bureau Design Studio
Leadership Organisational Coach and Corporate Performance Management Strategist: Lim Liat
Outside of the corporate world, Lim Liat has been doing much on counselling for over 14 years, helping people to cope with the stress and challenges of life. He feels that bringing his experience at work to individuals and working professionals is very important and thus have been conducting this workplace wellness and mental well-being course regularly.
For the corporate world, Lim Liat founded a BvOtech (Business value Oriented technology) to help people and businesses to be more successful through synergizing the wisdoms of East and West. The key areas include unified corporate performance management framework, innovation and business model design, creative & visual thinking systems (BVITS), learning and innovative organization, leadership skills and the future of management with Sinology – Chinese classical wisdom such as I-Ching, the philosophies of the Dao School (Lao Zi), Ru School (Confucius), Mo School, Fa School and Sun Zi’s Art of War and more.
Lim consults for start-ups, SMEs, MNCs and GLCs. He has taught for and sat on the advisory boards ofInstitutes of Higher Learning and investment committees. He has more than 30 years of technology andmanagement experience. A pioneer of Singapore Computer Systems in 1980, Liat contributed to the its listing on the Singapore Exchange, reaching a revenue of about $500 million operating in over 9 countries. He left as Deputy CEO in 2003 to start BvOtech.
Lim was a Public Service Commission Merit and a Commonwealth Scholar. He obtained a Bachelor of Industrial and System engineering (1st Class Honours with Gold Medal) from the National University of Singapore in 1974 and a Master’s Degree in Industrial Engineering from University of Alberta, Canada, 1976. He is a joint author of five US Registered Patents in End User Query and Data Modelling.