Leading Change with Appreciative Inquiry (LIVE Stream)
A Revolutionary Way of Leading Change Without Resistance
Change is the only constant we live with. Are you a leader of a group affected by such changes? Leading change is no frivolous task. It is critical to the economic and well-being of you and those in your organization.
This workshop focuses on coping with change once it’s been decided and/or announced. It helps develop and overview of the process of change. Using Appreciative Inquiry (AI) as the main tool, the process looks at change at all levels: personal, group and organizational and environmental. AI helps employees through the stages of change.
Key Takeaways - A Practical Guide to Positive Change
In this ground breaking 1 day course , you will learn
- How to use Appreciative Inquiry to build the kind of team or organization you’ve always wanted
- Lead change in a way that reduces or eliminates resistance and generates positive energy
- How to ask affirmative, focused questions that are central to the success of the organization
- Engage individuals, teams and entire organization in creating change by reinforcing positive messages an learning from success
- Develop followers, strengthen teamwork, solve issues and resolve conflicts
- Uncover and bring forth existing strengths to identify and amplify the positive core of the organization
- Transcend Communication barriers and enhance cooperation and trust in the organization
- Encourage learning, risktaking and growth at personal, team and organizational level.
- Enhance productivity and a willingness to take on deeper and broader levels of change
WHAT IS CHANGE
- The Changes that Affect Organizations
- Qualities of Leaders as Change Agents
- Roles in Organizational Change
USING KURT LEWIN’S CHANGE FRAMEWORK
- Unfreezing stage – create the right environment
- Changing stage – support change to desired state
- Refreezing stage – reinforce to anchor the change
UNFREEZING STAGE – CREATE THE RIGHT ENVIRONMENT
- The Current State – familiar and comfortable
- Why Change Falls or Succeeds
- Appreciative Inquiry as a Change Tool
- What is Appreciative Inquiry
- Using Appreciative Inquiry – Organization has Solutions
- Introducing the 5-D Principles of Appreciative Inquiry
CHANGING STAGE – SUPPORT CHANGE TO DESIRED STATE
- Applying the 5-D Cycle of Appreciative Inquiry
- Why People Resist Change
- Manage Doubts and Concerns
- Lead the Vision and Drive for Change
- The Inquiry Interview
REFREEZING STAGE – REINFORCE TO ANCHOR THE CHANGE
- The Force-Field Analysis: Motivating Forces v Resisting Forces
- New Roles, Responsibilities and Relationships
- Principles of a Positive Revolution – A New Beginning
- Moving Forward Conditions for Success
MY PERSONAL CONTRACT
- Making that Commitment to Myself
- I will start doing
- I will stop doing
- I will continue doing
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is designed specifically for leaders who face change and how to lead change using Appreciative Inquiry as a starting point to positive organizational change.
Meet the Industry Expert: Mike PA Tan
Michael P A Tan (or Mike) has more than 20 years working experience in Administration and Human Resource Training & Development, and Training Consultancy.
Michael’s client list includes the Civil Service departments and Statutory bodies, the Service and Hospitality Sectors and the Manufacturing Industries from Singapore, ASEAN countries and government officials from Mongolia.
Michael is also an Associate Lecturer at UniSIM and SIM Global Education. He also conduct public workshop under SIM’s executive development programs.
Michael holds a Master of Arts degree in Tertiary, Adult & Continuing Education, University of Hull, UK. His other qualifications include Training, Organization & Methods, Administrative Management and Transport, the Advanced Certificate in Training & Assessment (ACTA) issued by the Singapore Workforce Development Agency, (WDA), an Advanced Certificate in Teaching & Learning in Higher Education, issued jointly by the Singapore National Institute of Education, (NIE), NTU and SIM Global Education.