Improving Organizational Performance & Through Job Redesign & Flexible Work Arrangements
The turn of the century has introduced new changes to the workforce, namely an ageing population, growing young families who need work-life balance to raise their young, and the advancement of technology. To remain relevant in our highly competitive economy, progressive businesses must continuously adapt their practices to remain relevant, productive and profitable.
Successfully Managing your Multi-Generational Workforce
In a Human Resource capacity, employee motivation, engagement and performance are the core aspects that many organizations would aim to satisfy to power productivity. When an organization shows that it welcomes challenges and opportunities arising from its multi-generation workforce, employees can grow with the organization, allowing the organization to retain key human talent and acquire stability and efficiency with the reduced need for time and high costs incurred through employee turnovers.
Leveraging on the available resources in technology and carefully evaluating existing policies and available government grants, there are indeed exciting opportunities to start making positive changes to reach your organizational goals.
HR as a Change Leader- Introducing Job Re-design & Flexible Work Arrangements
In deciding a job scope, we investigate what exactly is the work to be done and how the work should be done. As businesses and the landscape has changed, jobs need to be redesigned to support organizations and employees to manage the duality of their jobs at the workplace and responsibility at home. When it comes to redesigning of jobs, we will need to re-look at what work should be done in a job and how the tasks, duties & responsibilities of a specific job should be restructured, and also the pre-existing rules & regulations surrounding it.
This need for Flexibility is, on an Organizational level, in consideration of optimum staffing levels, Human Resource Policies and training needs, in order to create higher value-adding jobs, to support sustainable growth in productivity, reduce costs, enhance performance to meet the needs of your organizations.
On the individual need of an employee, the aim is to place the right person at the right job, and meet the needs of that person, so that he feels engaged, inspired, greater job satisfaction, and also physical safety.
Having a work-life friendly workplace that allows employees to vary their work arrangements to suit their work-life needs aids a company with recruitment, employee motivation and talent retention.
This is an open level workshop which aims to discuss the concept of job redesign and delve into potential solutions for various workplaces including the use of technology, automation and the leveraging on government grants.
Participants would also be educated on Flexible Work Arrangements as an avenue of job redesign.
This workshop aims to educate Participants on:
- Concepts of job redesign and its processes
- Information on the available grants intended to assist workplaces to prepare for a multi-generational and ageing workforce. Eg. WorkPro’s Job Redesign Grant, Inclusive Growth Programme (IGP), Capability Development Grant (CDG), Job Redesign Rider
- Best practices of companies that have successfully re-designed jobs
- How to identify and adopt a contextual job redesign plan that is immediately applicable
- How to improve productivity in an ageing and diverse workforce
- Review and evaluate Job Redesign Systems and Processes in accordance with Organizational Policies to enable staff to function more effectively to meet Organizational Goals and Objectives
- How to alter job elements and mobility at the workplace so that companies can achieve maximum increase in employee engagement, efficiency and productivity, improved quality and higher organizational branding and output
- How to restructure tasks to give your employees more opportunities to grow and take on more fulfilling roles
- The use of technology to communicate and collaborate with colleagues to complete your work on time
- How to establish the scope of Flexible Work Arrangement
Who Should Attend?
- HR Managers or Directors
- Administrative Managers
- Anyone who wants to make a difference to their workplace and help to retain employees with Job Redesign with a fast-changing technology environment
Management Consultant: Adrian Wong
After over 30 years in Senior Regional HR Positions in diverse industries in various postings around the Asia Pacific region in senior HR roles and consultancy work, Adrian now specializes in contract assignments, HR advisory roles, and also conducts training and coaching for SHRI and HR Singapore.
Qualifications: MBA (Aston), MA HRD (GWU), MA (Cornerstone), Diplomas in Production Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Management, Marketing, Quality, Management Consultancy, Registered Assessor ISO9000, OSHA 18001, EN 14001, Certified International Coach by Leading Clinic, Certified Singapore Management Consultant (Spring/TUD SUV), Crestcom Trainer, Certified DISC Facilitator. Fellow SHRI, IHRP-SP.
Areas of Expertise:
- Strategic HR Management
- Performance Management
- Compensation & Benefits Management
- Talent Management
- Change Management
- Training & Development
- Process Management, Quality & Safety
- Industrial Engineering and ISO 9000 Turnkey projects