ICDL Secure use of IT (IT Security)
Fees and Grants
In the course of 16hrs – ICDL Secure Use of IT (IT Security), you will get to:
- Understand the key concepts relating to the importance of secure information and data, physical security, privacy and identity theft
- Protect a computer, device, or network from malware and unauthorized access.
- Understand the types of networks, connection types, and network specific issues, including firewalls.
- Browse the World Wide Web; communicate on the Internet securely.
- Understand security issues related to communications, including e-mail and instant messaging.
- Back up and restore data appropriately and safely; securely dispose of data and devices.
- Recognize Data Threats from various sources
- Understand Cybercrime and Hacking
- Understand the Confidentiality, Integrity & Availability of Information
- Identify privacy protection, retention and control principles
- Understand the term Identity Theft and its implications for Personal Security
- Methods of identity theft : skimming, pretexting and information diving
- File Security using encryption and it’s limitation
- Definition and Function
- Recognized types of malware and how it works. Eg. Adware, ramsonware, keystroke loggin
- Use of Protection methods such as scanning and Anti-virus software
- Minimize risks of obsolete and unsupported software
- Network administrator role to manage authentication, authorization, installing updates on Network Connections
- Different Wireless Security and limitations of WEP, WPA2, MAC and SSID
- Access Control by username, password, PIN, encryption and multi-factor authentication
Secure Web Use
- Methods to identify Authenticity of Website such as security certificate and validating domain owner
- Potential danger in Social Networking such as malicious links, cyber bullying and fraudulent content
- Identify fraudulent and unsolicited E-mails
- Security vulnerabilities in Instant Messaging and VoIP
Secure Data Management
- Securing and Backing Up Data using the physical locks and access control
- Distinguish types of Secure Destruction
- Non-permanent content deletion in social network, blog or cloud services
Who Should Attend
This course, ICDL Secure Use of IT (IT Security), is designated for individuals who want to understand the main concepts underlying the secure use of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) in daily life and to use relevant techniques and applications to maintain a secure network connection, use the internet safely and securely, and manage data and information appropriately.
IT Security will benefit individuals as the skills needed to understand the key concepts relating to the importance of secure information and data, physical security, privacy, and identity theft will be covered. Besides, they will also be certified with best practice in IT Security and be developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practicing computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of the course content.