2 Days HR Course for HR Professionals
In the fourth industrial revolution, today’s organizations are awash in a sea of continuous change and new skills are needed from the front-line to the C-suite. HR professionals who can infuse a coaching mindset and skills throughout their organization can create opportunities for development, at every level of the organization. When HR professionals do so, they make development accessible for everyone, every day. Coaching takes place in real-time, on the job and is relevant to each individual and their particular needs. The overall purpose of Coaching for Human Resource Professionals is to enable HR leaders in refining their coaching skills, and fostering coaching skills in others, and begin to build a coaching culture in their organization. This is a 2-day session with the following parts: • Understanding what will enable an effective coaching relationship and process from an HR lens. • Understanding a structured process in coaching, whether coaching the managers to challenge and/or support their employees, or coaching employees who approach them. • Understanding the essentials skills of effective coaching of managerial and front-line employees. • Understanding how to address difficult coaching challenges and conversations that managers might have in their day-to-day interactions with their employees and vice-versa.
As a result of attending this program, participants will acquire the ability to:
- Use a coaching framework to improve workplace performance through an effective and structured 2-way process, and set strategies to create a coaching culture.
- Apply appropriate coaching techniques and skills for a diverse range of workplace situations and environment.
- Maintain or build a trusting and productive workplace relationship in tandem with the manner they work with managers and employees tom identify ways coaching can be effectively applied at work.
- Give appropriate feedback to enable others to receive insights and further improve specific areas to strengthen as they support the development of results-driven personal development plan.
- Support their managers and employees to identify their most important coaching needs.
Who Should Attend?
Mid-to-senior level HR professionals who are:
- Responsible for coaching others.
- Responsible for creating a coaching culture in the organization.
- Responsible for accessing staff performance
- Responsible for Learning & Development
- Responsible for Employee Engagement.
- Internal Coaches
What Are The Challenges Addressed?
- Teaching managers to be more effective in giving feedback & developing others.
- Spreading a coaching mindset throughout the organization so everyone has access to coaching.
- Refining one’s own coaching skills.
- Creating a resilient organization prepared to handle challenges.
Why Choose Coaching for Human Resource Professionals?
- Curriculum is focus on core competencies.
- Focus on results-based coaching model, providing tools for immediate use back home.
- In-depth assessments help participants understand their own leadership style.
- peer-based coaching sessions allow participants to try out new skills in a safe, feedback-rich environment.
- Work closely with expert coaches & small groups in a focused & feedback-rich learning environment.
- Extensive networking opportunities with other HR professionals.
Mr Jack Chua is a Talent Management Consultant, Executive Coach and has been a leadership coach, trainer and facilitator to senior directors, general managers, vice-presidents, deputy country divisional heads, and senior executives. He has been a coach to those seeking to enhance their leadership, team effectiveness, and influence strategies to deliver organization results. His experience with global exposure across Asia-Pacific, US and Europe helps him to appreciate challenges from a cultural perspective.
Much of his 25 years of experience is spent in various regional and leadership roles across a range of leadership development and generalist HR positions, and consulting in sectors as diverse as manufacturing, electronics, oil and energy, telecommunications, fast moving consumer goods and financial services. The work has covered diagnostic work, identification of areas of focus in change initiatives, and talent and leadership transitions of business units, divisions and management teams.
Jack’s interest in organization development and consulting began when he was in his first-time role as a line leader of people in the mid-80’s. Jack graduated with degrees, including an MBA in Strategic and International Management. Jack is highly experienced in numerous profiling and career planning tools including MBTI ® Step I and II, CPI 260, Conflict Dynamic Profiling, Voices 360-degree feedback, 360 by Design, Benchmarks, Workplace Big 5 Profiling, competency-based interviewing, performance management, HR audit, and HR planning process.Jack enjoys working with business leaders, teams and individuals to jointly design and implement effective solutions.
“Mr. Jack Chua is such a good coach and mentor! He helps inexperienced participants to have better understanding of the process and application by deep diving with useful insights.”
– Assistant Manager, National University Health System
“Jack has helped in our understanding by providing relevant case studies to illustrate the concepts. It really helped in our thought process, I strongly recommend my colleagues to attend this course.”
– Senior Manager, Nanyang Polytechnic
“Truly, I have gained tremendous insights in further developing my knowledge and learning experience from the inspiring and engaging session. It was important for me to make the right choice in selection; an institution with friendly, helpful and professional support staff made the learning more refreshing and encouraging. Besides these, sharing ideas and different viewpoints with interesting working professionals from various fields has indeed enhanced my learning journey here.”
– Ms. Jane KF, Chief Steward SQ