Beyond ‘Hello’ – Go-The-Extra-Mile To Achieve Customer Service Excellence
“Go The Extra Mile to Receive Extra Smiles.” Service excellence is the business of every employee, not just the front-line employees. Service is the business of those in every industry. Go-the-Extra-Mile Service (GEMS) is a must-do course for all service professionals in their journey towards service excellence. This course prepares participants to provide extra-mile service for their customers. GEMS focuses on inculcating service-oriented, customer-centric mindsets in participants and in helping participants understand the benefits of extra-mile service to themselves as well as to the organizations they work for. Participants will leave this course feeling motivated, empowered, believing in their abilities to make a positive impact on their organizations and their customers.
- Understand the importance of excellence customer service to improve your business;
- Gain insights into the needs and expectations of customers;
- Define the customer service process and foster a service culture in your company;
- Identify your product service knowledge and learn the necessary level of product service knowledge that is required for customer service excellence;
- Recognise and improve the core skills for customer service excellence such as communication and organising skills;
- Develop effective listening skills and questioning techniques to obtain useful information from customers;
- Respond appropriately to various types of customers;
- Adjust customer expectations when necessary and work towards solutions
- Identify the common causes of unhappiness in customers and avoid behaviours that irritate them;
- Use proven frameworks to calm customers who are upset;
- Build your confidence in meeting with future customer service challenges;
- Extend your professional skills and add your career value.
Who Must Attend?
This course is specially designed with the following groups of employees and individuals in mind:
- Executive and non-executive personnel;
- Managers and leaders;
- Anyone with customer interfacing roles, such as frontline staff (i.e. customer service representatives, store advisors, service crews);
- Employees from various industries that need to interact regularly with internal or external stakeholders.
Active learning activities are included to allow participants to engage actively in the learning process. Besides that, leading the participants through these activities will enable better understanding on the customer service concepts. These active learning activities include:
- Group discussions;
- Case studies;
- Interactive storytelling;
- Role plays;
Module 1: The Importance of Customer Service Excellence
- Appreciate the importance of customer service to business success, and understand the costs of poor customer service
Module 2: Know Your Customers
- Customer service managers, executives, supervisors, support staff, sales personnel and front-liner who are in constant contact with customers;
- Who your customers are, what they want, what they don’t want, and how you can satisfy them.
Module 3: Essential Skills for Customer Service Excellence
- Product Service Knowledge – appreciate the needs of you to understand your own product or service;
- Communication Skills – understand the importance of clear communication when serving the customers;
- Organising Skills – learn how to organize your task and time to deliver timely service to the customer.
Module 4: Listening to Your Customers and Asking the Appropriate Questions
- Learn the actions that could improve your listening skills and diagnose your customers’ situations by asking the right types of questions.
Module 5: Working with Upset Customers
- Understand why customers get upset and apply the 10 steps framework to calm unhappy and angry customers.
“Straight to the point and comprehensive in his training. There are lots of discussions and room for clarifications with Andrew and with fellow participants to understand topics and learn how to apply the knowledge in the workplace.”
“Andrew always uses a lot of real life examples to put across the key concepts.”
“The trainer Andrew has many life experiences to share related to the training and kept his teaching very interesting and memorable.”
Customer Service Excellence Practitioner and Master Trainer: Andrew Cheah
Andrew Cheah has been a trainer and management consultant since 1991, specialising in the areas of performance management, productivity improvement, behavioural change and leadership. Andrew has trained clients from diverse industries such as in banking, insurance, hospitality, sales and distribution, manufacturing, food, property development, government/public services, and higher education. Being tri-lingual (English, Mandarin, and Malay Languages), Andrew has extensive regional exposure in Singapore, United Arab Emirates, Malaysia, China, Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam. In addition to training, Andrew has guided and provided consulting services to clients, leading to one of them winning the prestigious Malaysian National Productivity Award presented by the previous Malaysian Prime Minister, Tun Dr. Mahathir.
Andrew has also been invited to speak in events such as International Conference on Best Practices, which was graced by senior officials from the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI), sharing the stage with Professor Michael Gregory of the University of Cambridge, Mr Dieter Heyl (2007 Vice President of Mercedes Benz Malaysia), and Dr Marcus Chao, President of Lean China Enterprise Inc.
Andrew has an MBA degree qualification with the University of Portsmouth, UK. At the professional level, Andrew has a certificate in Blue Ocean Leadership Masterclass, as well as Leading Dimensions Profiling Trainer Certification (LDP certified). In addition to being a qualified ISO9000 assessor, his experience in international consultancy has also earned him a membership with the Association of Productivity Specialist in New York.