Practical Skills For Super Secretaries And Power Administrators
Gain the latest expertise you need to excel in your role as a super administrative executive, PA or secretary. This fun and enriching workshop will equip you with the advanced skill, tools and checklist you need to overcome any major challenges at different organisational levels in today's business environment.
Being a Secretary or Administrator is NOT Easy!
One minute you’re making sure the boss is prepared for his meeting and the next you’re sorting through all the never ending email and fielding phone calls. You’re the only person in the entire office to know where anything is.. and you are not allowed to forget anything.
You’re in one of the world’s toughest job.. yet everyone hilarously think your job is easy.
You are the Secretary or Administrator – the unsung hero or heroine in the office.
A secretary or administrator is definitely not limited to one type of task and there’s no doubt that without you the office would come to a screeching halt.
Advanced Skills For PAs, Senior Secretaries, Office Managers and Executive Assistants
Filled with real life case studies and helpful tips, this 1 Day highly interactive and jam-packed course is facilitated by highly experienced coach Ms Maxine Teo who will handhold you to develop and fine-tune your personal skills to succeed under the most demanding condition.
Key Takeaways - A Must Have Insider Guide
The workshop will cover both soft and hard skills including; communication skills, organization techniques, problem-solving strategies, and career management.
Goal Settings, Redefining Your Role and Skills Set
- What distinguishes you from other office personnel in the office?
- 5 Key Qualities that you need to succeed in your role.
- Ethics & Confidentiality management
Professional Image, Confidence and Self Belief
- Self image and presentation
- Addressing and calling of names
- Right choice of words for the role
- Handling the unexpected (positive and negative)
Creative Thinking Skills and Art of Communication
- Identifying the key stakeholders
- Apply the right level of communication
- 5 Key steps for an effective spoken communication
- 4 Key steps for an effective written communication
- Using Smart devices to be your Super Assistant
Managing Change, Conflict and Interpersonal Relations
- Working with superiors, colleagues, and subordinates with the “Right” styles
- Understanding the nature of small talk
- Dealing with the small talk
- Handling criticism at the workplace
The Innovative Admin – Problem Solving And Decision Making Skills
- Understanding of your role in PSDC
- Learning to drive for a decision at meeting
- Analyzing the risks involved for the decision
- Prepare for plan B and explanation
Motivating for Performance – Getting Organized for Success
- Organization, Assistant Handbook & Checklists
- Managing your work effectively
- Learn how to prioritize and negotiate
- Learning to say no and offer alternative
- Learn how to work in a meeting
Bonus: Includes a comprehensive checklist for managing events, as well as minute-taking templates.
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is highly relevant for ambitious executives, professionals and senior officers seeking to improve their performance and sharpen their skills.
- Secretaries & Personal Assistants
- Management trainees and new supervisors
- Executives Administrative / Clerical Officers
- Senior officers in government agencies wishing to develop their skills
- Office Managers and Executive Assistants
Meet the Industry Expert: Ms Maxine Teo
Maxine Teo is a tri-lingual corporate trainer, facilitator and speaker with a passion for colourfully impacting and inspiring lives. With over 20 years of training experience working with diverse teams across Asia, Maxine has a knack of turning complicated concepts into practical applications. She is one of the most prolific trainers in Asia, having successfully completed more than 1000 days of trainings over 30 cities around the world.
Coming from many years of working in the financial services industry, Maxine shares her experience and knowledge in Relationship Management topics like Effective Communication, Cross Cultural Awareness, Managing Virtual teams, Business Etiquette, Advisory Sales (B2B & B2C), Negotiation Skills, Presentation Skills, Time and Stress Management and Customer Service Excellence. The skills she imparts are especially applicable to service and relationship-based industries like finance and banking, insurance, real estate and retail.
Maxine graduated with merit from National University of Singapore with a Bachelor of Business Administration. She holds a Professional Diploma in Training & Development, a Professional Certificate in Designing & Facilitating Experiential Learning and accreditations in various psychometric tools like True Colors© and DISC behaviour profiling.
A renowned local training institution has awarded Maxine with the coveted title of “Trainer of the Year” for two years in a row in 2013 and 2014, and the “Star Trainer 2015” award in recognition for her excellent work delivered to its corporate clients. What further sets her apart from most trainers in the industry is her ability to connect with her audience instantly with her authenticity and personal energetic style.