POWER Essential Skills For Super Secretaries And Power Administrators
Every boss needs a competent secretary or Personal Assistant. Organizations will not be able to function efficiently without Administrators powering up from all fronts. As a result, everyone seems to expect secretaries and administrators to know-it-all and do-it-all.
Being a Secretary or Administrator is NOT Easy!
One minute you’re making sure the boss is prepared for his meeting and the next you’re sorting through all the never ending email and fielding phone calls. You’re the only person in the entire office to know where anything is.. and you are not allowed to forget anything.
You’re in one of the world’s toughest job.. yet everyone hilarously think your job is easy.
You are the Secretary or Administrator – the unsung hero or heroine in the office.
Advanced Skills For PAs, Senior Secretaries, Office Managers and Executive Assistants
Gain the latest expertise you need to excel in your role as a super administrative executive, PA or secretary. In this one day power-packed workshop, you will be equipped with powerful tools ranging from emotional intelligence to email writing to learning how to stay resilient, relevant and positive in today’s challenging work environment.
- Learn modern secretarial and administrator skills for today’s business world
- Be equipped with tools and techniques to be more productive at your job
- Realize that excellent interpersonal skills help you do your job better
- Know how to present yourself professionally and be treated professionally
- Develop emotional resilience to stay positive
Maxine brings a lot of variety to this practical, hands-on workshop. As well as sharing important theory, concepts and best practice strategies, she will facilitate open discussions and group discussions. In this highly interactive day of learning, participants will be encouraged to take part in fun, practical exercises and simulated coaching sessions, with observations, review and feedback.
30% of workshop:
- Concepts and theory sharing
- Best practices sharing from trainer
70% of workshop:
- Experiential learning activities
- Small group discussions and sharing
- Open discussions
- Simulated work scenarios
- Role plays
- Video learning
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is highly relevant for ambitious executives, professionals and senior officers seeking to improve their performance and sharpen their skills.
- Secretaries & Personal Assistants
- Management trainees and new supervisors
- Executives Administrative / Clerical Officers
- Senior officers in government agencies wishing to develop their skills
- Office Managers and Executive Assistants
Meet the Industry Expert: Ms Maxine Teo
Maxine Teo is a tri-lingual corporate trainer, facilitator and speaker with a passion for colourfully impacting and inspiring lives. With over 20 years of training experience working with diverse teams across Asia, Maxine has a knack of turning complicated concepts into practical applications. She is one of the most prolific trainers in Asia, having successfully completed more than 1000 days of trainings over 30 cities around the world.
Coming from many years of working in the financial services industry, Maxine shares her experience and knowledge in Relationship Management topics like Effective Communication, Cross Cultural Awareness, Managing Virtual teams, Business Etiquette, Advisory Sales (B2B & B2C), Negotiation Skills, Presentation Skills, Time and Stress Management and Customer Service Excellence. The skills she imparts are especially applicable to service and relationship-based industries like finance and banking, insurance, real estate and retail.
Maxine graduated with merit from National University of Singapore with a Bachelor of Business Administration. She holds a Professional Diploma in Training & Development, a Professional Certificate in Designing & Facilitating Experiential Learning and accreditations in various psychometric tools like True Colors© and DISC behaviour profiling.
Awareness and reflection
- Gain awareness of your communication style through an experiential learning activity
- Reflect on the current successes and challenges faced as a Personal Assistant (PA)
- Voicing of work issues and analyzing the factors that helped you be productive or slow you down as a PA
Introduction of POWER© toolkit to supercharge your PAs and administrators
- People skills
- Organizational skills
- Writing skills
- Efficiency tools
Tool 1: People skills
- Learn how to build up your emotional currency account
- Know the importance of EQ to help others help you
- Be equipped with the positive words to use and trigger words to avoid
- Adapt your communication style to be more productive and effective
Tool 2: Organizational skills
- Be aware of your strengths and weaknesses in organizing things
- Learn tips on how to more effectively manage your boss’ calendar
- Know how to use technology to speed things up
Tool 3: Writing skills
- Identify your own writing style
- Learn how to use the PLAN format to better structure your emails
- Have a list of email openers and closers to inject warmth and personality into your emails
- Know what to include and exclude in minutes writing
- Be equipped with various phrases and words to make your minutes more interesting and concise
Tool 4: Efficiency tools
- Know how to better manage yourself to manage time using time management tools
- Learn how to use social media to power up your message quickly
Tool 5: Resilience
- Develop and strengthen your emotional resilience
- Know the 3 stages of problem solving and learn how to better overcome challenges at work
- Learn the art of self-empowerment to stay positive and strong
- Recap and reflect on learning
- Personal Action Planning (PAP) for personal commitment to improvement
Evaluation and certificate presentation
- Evaluate the workshop
- Receive your certificate of completion