Enterprise Risk Management – Governance & Risk Solutions Masterclass
Addressing Risk Management, Compliance, Bribery and Corruption Risk
Identify and Quantify Any Risk That Affects Your Company’s Business Strategy, Strategic Objectives and Strategy Execution
One of the major risks that a company might face is Corruption and Bribery. Corruption and bribery are major obstacles to the development and successful operation of an organisation. Organisations are increasingly expected to communicate to their stakeholders, internally and externally, the measures and efforts they are deploying to counter and detect corruption and bribery.
Serious and Harsh Penalties of Corruption
A person convicted of an offence under the PCA shall be liable to a fine not exceeding $100,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 5 years or to both, for each count of corruption. Singapore’s biggest corruption scandal, involving Keppel Offshore & Marine, has shown up areas in the country’s anti-bribery laws that could be strengthened to better deter graft offences overseas. The maximum fine under Singapore’s Prevention of Corruption Act (PCA) of $100,000 per charge is considered too low, thus the scope of the law will soon be widened so that those in the corporate echelons including board of directors, and those lower down in the scheme of things such as agents, will also be held accountable.
Latest: Prevention of Corruption Act In Singapore Could Include Bigger Fines And Wider Net For Prosecutors
This means providing for criminal liability of board directors and senior management if it can be shown that they could have done more to prevent the corrupt practices. It also means that third parties should be penalised for corrupt acts committed overseas, say the experts. Thus, of great importance that organisations put in place and review their anti-corruption and anti-bribery policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all relevant regulations.
Join us for this 1-day training programme to acquire the knowledge, skills and techniques you need to help your organisation develop an effective Anti-Corruption and Anti-Bribery (ACAB) programme. These fines and imprisonment penalties are unnecessary if you take safety precautions in preventing yourself from breaking the law. Do not put yourself into the hot soup!
1 Day Workshop on Compliance Policy and Prevention of Bribery and Corruption in Your Organization by Compliance Expert: Mr. Sanjeev Gathani
The workshop provides an overview of key local and international standards and laws that relate to bribery and corruption. It includes an overview of key policy measures a company can take in safeguarding the organisation – in particular around facilitation payments, and gifts and entertainment. We will analyse effective anti-corruption policies and how these can manage risk and meet stakeholder expectations.
Key Takeaways: Helping Organizations Prevent, Detect, and Respond to Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC) Concerns
At the end of the course, you will achieve these valuable learning outcomes:
- Analyse key methods for Corruption activity
- Understand about the different regulations, standards and frameworks on corruption
- Examine the changing nature of regulatory frameworks to prevent financial crime activity, and shifting approach of global enforcement
- Understand global Anti-Corruption provisions and look in depth into the Prevention of Corruption Act
- Build an organisational framework to minimise risk related to corrupt activity and financial crime
- Learn to conduct a corruption risk assessment
- Acquire the knowledge and skills to design and implement an effective ACAB programme
- How to effectively respond to corruption allegations and whistle blowers
- Strategies to reduce the corruption risk in companies
- Understanding the human psychology behind corruption
- Response plan in the event corruption allegation surfaces
Who Should Attend?
Board of Directors, CXOs, Senior management, compliance, finance, risk, internal controls professionals who are tasked with the responsibility to develop or enhance the company’s risk management process or who would like to understand more about risk management.
“The trainer is very informative. He provides many real-life examples instead of reading off from the materials. Interesting and beneficial class!” – Rick Tay, Zico Allshores Trust (S) Ltd
“The delivery of the content is very interesting and kept the class well-engaged. His class is high-recommended as he gives practical information using real-life case studies” – Ong Choon Yam, Petrobras Singapore Private Limited
Financial Compliance Expert: Sanjeev Gathani
Sanjeev Gathani is a qualified Governance, Risk and Compliance Professional with more than 20 years of diverse experience in the Asia Pacific Region, helping entities in both public and private entities across a range of industries including not for profit organizations. He has provided his professional service career and advised clients in a variety of industries including but not limited to Manufacturing, Pharmaceuticals, Semi-conductor, Motor, Hospitality, FMCG, Construction and Professional services.
Currently, he is the Chief Executive Officer and Knowledge Leader of Better Business Governance – APAC Pte Ltd (BBG), a boutique advisory and training firm. In 2018, he was appointed by RHT Academy as their Programme Advisor – G.R.A.C.E Series.
Additionally, he has also been awarded the credential of Full Member Corporate Governance Practitioner (MGP) by The Association of Corporate Governance Practitioner, United Kingdom. To further enhance his background, he obtained additional credentials including Certified Fraud Examiner, License Private Investigator (Singapore), Expert Court Witness and Certified Privacy Professional.
Specialization: Corporate Governance, Sarbanes Oxley, J-SOX, Internal Audit, Fraud Management, Compliance to Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), UK Anti-Bribery Act, Data Privacy and Security and Integrated Risk Management.
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Data Protection Officer (DPO)
- Professional Certificate in Anti-Bribery & Compliance
- Licensed Private Investigator (Singapore)
- Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM)
- Cyber Security Practitioner Induction (CSPI)
- Expert Court Witness
- Full Member Governance Practitioner (MGP) UK
- Certified member of Governance Institute of Australia
- Governance, Risk & Compliance Professional (GRCP), United States of America
- Governance, Risk & Compliance Auditor (GRCA), United States of America
- Certified Internal Control Professional (CICP)
- Certified HR Professional (Talent Management)
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Exin – the global independent certification institute for ICT Professionals – Privacy and Data Protection Foundation
- Customer Service Professional (CSP)
- Advanced Toastmaster – Gold (ATMG)