Empowering Growth Mindset at Work
Learn how to Develop Growth Mindset to Enhance Organisational Growth, Staff Potential and Personal Achievement
Why A Growth Mindset Is Essential For Professional & Personal Success
Mindset is everything. Whether you’re talking about career success, starting your own business, getting through a tough workout or being a parent, having the right mindset will be a major impact In the age of digital disruption, it takes a bold approach for leaders to strive and grow. A growth mentality sees failure not as a detriment, but as a springboard to success. It’s not how good you are but how good you want to be that matters.
Mindsets are an important part of our personality, but can we change them?
Fostering a growth mentality involves viewing failure as a positive rather than a negative. Everyone has setbacks. The key is to learn from each one and improve your decision making.
This workshop explores your own mindset triggers and guides you through ways of responding to the everyday challenges and demands to help you become the person you want to be. Further, this workshop addresses this question by introducing the work of world-renowned psychologist, Carol Dweck. She advocates that while a fixed mindset assumes that our character, intelligence, and creative ability are static givens which we can’t change in any meaningful way, a growth mindset thrives on challenge and sees failure “not as evidence of unintelligence but as a heartening springboard for growth and for stretching our existing abilities.”
Making a mindset move through learning, unlearning and relearning ultimately changes how we approach everyday obstacles.
This is a fast-paced, highly interactive workshop comprising of experiential learning activities and fun and engaging group discussions. The activities applied accelerates adult learning while bringing forth relevance to real life situations in different industries
Key Takeaways - Develop a Growth Roadmap and Identify The Right Mindset Trigger
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Take Control: Five ways you can take control of your mental attitude to foster a growth mindset:
- Unlock Your Untapped Potential: Understand how brain plasticity increases malleable intelligence
- Seek out challenge: Analyze the link between mindsets and achievement
- Go beyond your limits: Identify the mindset paradox: how individuals approach a challenge
- Cultivate a growth mindset to persist steadfastly when faced with failure and obstacles
- Asking for feedback: Apply strategies to improvement performance and foster a broader view of possibilities
- Overcome self-sabotage and procrastination: Remove common traps of self-doubt and overthinking
- Hit Restart & Reset Expectations: influence beliefs about intelligence, skills and capabilities
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is targeted for professionals wanting to acquire personal mastery and success by pursuing a growth mindset.
It is equally beneficial for executives, senior officers, managers and professionals seeking to develop resilience and capability to overcome setbacks and embracing new situations and change at work
“This workshop enabled me to develop the ability to turn challenges and setbacks into the fuel I need to ignite my life. Thanks Sandra for assisting me to get started with my mindset revolution!” Ersin Alexander, Singapore Airlines
“The view I adopted previously was negatively affecting the way I performed in my organisation. As I was focused only in convincing others and myself that I could do a good job, this limited in my performance. This workshop, however, changed things around for me: it created a shift from a fixed mindset to a growth mindset. I now know that my abilities can be improved drastically from a new perspective towards improving my skills, capabilities and learning that is crucial to accomplishing success at work.” Judy Ong, ST Technologies
Success and Life Coach: MS Sandra Daniel (NLP Certified)
Sandra Daniel has a distinguished career as a Peak Performance Coach which spans over 2 decades. She specializes in leadership, staff development, performance management as well as driving behavioural change in organisations. She has coached and trained clients from diverse organisations and industries namely, government services, banking, manufacturing, education, insurance, hospitality, sales as well as manufacturing and insurance.
Sandra has a Master of Science in Training and Human Resource Management from University of Leicester. At a professional level, she is a Licensed NLP Coach and Master Practitioner (American Board of NLP), Advanced Behavioural Analyst, Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt, Certified, Certified in Design Leadership and Design Thinking Facilitation and a Certified SCRUM Master. Sandra regularly contribute articles on management, communication and learning skills to Straits Times Recruit. To date, Sandra has authored and co-authored several books namely, How to Think Critically with Sun Tzu Art of War Stratagems, Impactful Academic Writing, Extremely Busy People’s Guide to Read Faster and Memorize Better and Think Clearer.
Session 1: The Science Behind the Mindset Revolution
- Neuroplasticity, performance and learning
- The malleable brain: increasing neural growth
- The link between mindset and growth
- How mindsets impact attitudes towards personal performance
- The smallest setback: rebound vs devastation
- The powers of a growth mindset: Higher achievement comes through effort
- Abilities can be developed through dedication, perseverance, and the right strategy.
Session 2: Attaining a Growth Mindset for Personal Mastery
- Quiz to determine your mindset
- Differentiate three mindsets: Growth, Fixed and False
- Application with case study: Reframing the fixed mindset voice when confronted with challenges
- Application with case study: The deliberate practice and perseverance self-improvement approach
- Activate a growth mindset with questions
- Take growth mindset actions (multiple paths) that move you forward in your development
- Sustaining a growth mindset
Session 3: Practicing and Leading Growth Mindset in Organizations
- Creating an open communication culture in Teams for Organisational Mastery
- Sustaining growth mindsets and change in a team setting
- Exercising Perseverance and Deliberate practices to overcome obstacles in projects
- Transforming the meaning of effort and difficulty
- Praising ‘Yet’-indirectly altering the mindset
- Exploring new opportunities without fear of failure
- Fostering a knowledge sharing culture to enhance engagement