Effective E-mail Writing and Communication
“An e-mail can make or break an opportunity for you, so write and respond to them wisely.” – Leila Lewis of Be Inspired PR Swamped with too many emails and not sure how to respond with impact? Uncertain if people will even want to respond to them? Master the email writing techniques that will enable you to structure and write professional e-mails to your bosses, colleagues and customers effectively.
This highly effective e-mail writing course will equip you with simple yet effective e-mail writing techniques to structure and write professional e-mails to your bosses, colleagues and customers.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Streamline your thought process and save time by focusing on what to write instead of how to write it;
- Eliminate numerous time-consuming revisions by organising your thoughts and structuring your sentences correctly, concisely and clearly;
- Present your message in a professional and reader-friendly format;
- E-mail etiquette that identify and avoid embarrassing common grammar mistakes in e-mails;
- Learn quick and easy editing techniques with practical writing tips;
- Write professional, respectful emails that drive action and reflect well on you, your team, and your company.
Unit 1 Introduction
- Who do you work for?
- The writing process – using sentences and paragraphs effectively
Unit 2 Organising your writing
- Using sentences and paragraphs effectively;
- Reviewing sentences and correcting grammar mistakes;
- Writing accurately – Identifying common mistakes;
- Organising information.
Unit 3 Projecting the Right Image
- Adopting a modern writing style – writing positively;
- Personalising your writing – your attitude;
- Identifying old-fashioned words and phrases;
- Replying in different situations;
- Dealing with different/difficult situations;
- Email etiquette;
- E-mail guidelines.
Who Must Attend?
This long-standing and popular course is suitable for administrators, executives, senior officers and managers seeking to improve and refresh their written business communication skills. Participants whom have attended this course before were also able to increase their knowledge of the finer points of e-mail writing.
“We continue to receive very positive comments about Emma’s courses from my staff members. Several people, including our internal communication manager, said that Emma provided the best one-day training courses. Many thanks for providing insights, tips and factoids that will enable our company to write and communicate even better to our bosses and stakeholders.” – Cynthia Zhuang, Marketing Manager, NETS Singapore
“Great business courses by Emma! I walk away with some great tips and insights which are not just ideas that have no practical consideration. The class’s spirit of spontaneity and engagement is also very encouraging for my learning. Every trainer should be able to keep the attention of the class just like she has.” – Jess Tang-Xin, Senior Admin Executive, Singapore Workforce Development Agency
“I loved Emma’s presentation style. She shares stories to help everyone relate to the business scenarios that we may encounter at work. She also simplifies concepts for everyone to understand easily. One of the best professional development courses I have been to. I will recommend my colleagues to join me for one of her other upcoming courses.” – Razline Maria, Senior Business Associate, Shangri-la Hotel Singapore
Business English and Communications Coach: Emma Jarman-Jones (MBA, Imperial College London in UK)
Emma Jarman-Jones specialises in developing and enhancing workplace communication skills. This work includes writing, speaking, interpersonal and management skills training. She has over 15 years of experience training in Singapore, as well as regionally in Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam.
Emma has worked as an external consultant and trainer with both private and public sectors, designing, customising and delivering programmes, and coaching individuals. She believes in the potential of every person and is dedicated to providing the highest quality of training that will benefit the individual, as well as the organisation.
Emma holds an MBA from the Imperial College London in United Kingdom. She has also completed a Diploma in Human Resource Development at the Singapore Institute of Management, and is a certified People Developer Consultant.