Design Thinking for Effective Problem Solving and Strategic Innovation Masterclass
Design Thinking is a user-centric approach that looks at and evaluates issues through emotive lenses and sensitive feelers. Successful companies such as Apple, Tesla and Alibaba adopt a systematic approach towards design thinking—integrating creative problem solving, technology adoption and future proofing to propel their business forward. Technology disruption and Digital Transformation has dramatically changed the way organizations evolve.
A User Centric Mindset to Identify Novel Solutions to Business Challenges
With design thinking, you can bring about creative solutions to solve complex business problems. This is why successful business leaders and organization are adopting Design Thinking to solve their challenges and seize business opportunities.
Gain Powerful Insights & Practical Solutions to Overcome Business challenges
In this high impact 1 Day masterclass, you will learn a systematic approach on how to apply Design Thinking to transform your way of solving problems and coming up with innovative strategies that are both workable and productive in nature.
By the end of this workshop, you will learn:
- Understanding on how to use design thinking to frame and scope design challenges
- Integrate the 6 Human Needs into Design Thinking to generate new product and service concepts with greater confidence level
- Apply the 10 principles of design thinking and how to adapt this to your organization
- Use ethnographic research tools to identify customer needs and design impactful services and customer experience
- Ways to generate potential solutions through divergent thinking and rapid prototyping
- Using design thinking to address the nature of the problem and come up with practical innovation
Who should attend?
Everyone in the organization from top-down. Design thinking is a process that can only succeed if there is a powerful sense of emotional connectivity of all members of the organization.
This is an action-oriented, highly interactive workshop involving group discussion, role play and creating a long-range business plan to put to practice what has been learned.
Organizational Coach and Management Consultant: Mr Daniel Theyagu
Daniel Theyagu is an ACTA-certified corporate trainer, Associate Adult Educator (AAE) and Licensed Master Practitioner of NLP®. Daniel is also the Senior Managing Partner of Lateral Solutions Consulting LLP (incorporated in 2005). He has a Master in Education [University of Sheffield]; Bachelor of Laws (Honours) from University of Buckingham and Diploma in English from University of London.
Since 1989, Daniel has conducted training for more than 600 organizations with his participants coming from more than 100 countries. He has designed and delivered customize training programs in areas of design thinking, crisis management, performance management, emotional intelligence, creative thinking, critical thinking, systems thinking, business and personal ethics. Daniel’s personal productivity programs have been very well received and has enriched the lives of countless individuals from different walks of life.
Daniel is an adjunct faculty with Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS). For more than two decades, Daniel has conducted Career Transition Workshops for SAF and SPF retiring officers and specialists. Daniel has also regularly conducted Design Thinking workshop for Air Force Technical personnel, banking officers and research scientists.
Session 1: What is design thinking and what is it used for?
- Definition of design thinking?
- Five tenets of design thinking
- Using ethnographic research tools to better understand the needs of both internal and external customers
- Addressing the Six Human Needs in design thinking
Session 2: Introduction to Design Thinking (DT) tools and methods that can help visualize a system understanding of business activities.
- Adapting DT to analyse situations and avoid aftershocks in bad decision making
- Apply DT in strategic innovation
- How to change management paradigm into DT mode
Session 3: How powers of empathy can be used to develop a personalised customer service
- Introduction and application of the 10 design thinking principles
- Identifying biases and barriers that stifles the DT process
- The power of creativity and empathy in DT
Session 4: Brainstorming and ideation strategies and techniques
- Fundamentals of brainstorming
- Using Duncker Diagram to look for general, specific and functional solutions in DT
- Looking for workable solution instead of a best solution
Session 5: How innovation can be integrated into a business model
- Understanding the concept of disruptive technology and how to deal with it effectively
- Cutting to the chase and making a decision
- Back to square one: what to do when failure occurs?
- Identifying returns of investment in becoming a design thinker